• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

500 Units lag

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I want to know if I can fix that?

My friend told me that if the map exceeds over 500 units, it will start to lag and will crash if deleting a unit.

I heard of maps like Gaia. I want to know if there's a way to prevent that or fix that crashing.

Level 11
Well for one, that won't actually happen on a modern computer. You won't get crashes except from truly absurd numbers of units (not a small number like 500), and you won't get lag if you've got a good graphics card that can handle wc3's sluggish graphics engine.

You WILL get pathing lag if all these units are all ground units with collision, are all controlled by the same player slot, and they all try to move at the same time. That's different though; there won't be a framerate drop but units will sort of stop and start as they slowly move toward their destination. This can be fixed by spreading out the units among multiple player slots if possible (most games with that number of units don't actually have them directly controlled by human players anyway).

Level 6
Well for one, that won't actually happen on a modern computer. You won't get crashes except from truly absurd numbers of units (not a small number like 500), and you won't get lag if you've got a good graphics card that can handle wc3's sluggish graphics engine.

You WILL get pathing lag if all these units are all ground units with collision, are all controlled by the same player slot, and they all try to move at the same time. That's different though; there won't be a framerate drop but units will sort of stop and start as they slowly move toward their destination. This can be fixed by spreading out the units among multiple player slots if possible (most games with that number of units don't actually have them directly controlled by human players anyway).

I see, thanks a lot. I'm trying to make a Titan Land map and I have to say I'm experiencing a slight lag with 417 units.

Status
Not open for further replies.