1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Ride into the sunset with the 32nd Modeling Contest. The contest is optionally paired. Best of luck, people!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. This adventure has come to an end. Congratulate our heroes in the 16th Mini Mapping Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. From the gates of hell, the 5th Special Effect Contest Results have emerged.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Wilderness Survival Updates

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by JaysProjex, Sep 8, 2009.

1. fish789

fish789

Resources:
    Resources:
    Gogogog :)

2. Eldubs

Eldubs

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Nice map, but could you fix the pictures so there wont open a new link?

3. JaysProjex

JaysProjex

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The screenshots are nothing special, it just gives an idea of what the new terrain will look like and as for completion of the map thor is working on the game modes doing a fantastic job *imo* he's done alot for the map already hopefully we'll see something come up real soon.

4. espatula

espatula

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hey man, nice map
    I have a suggestion, the rifle could have a chance to hit the target, cause these guns aren't precise, should not be hard to do it :grin:

Also... should have a easier way to reload the guns, not saying that should take less time, just be easier

5. Eldubs

Eldubs

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Some people are too lazy to click links.

6. JaysProjex

JaysProjex

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Actually the % chance to hit is going to be for all weapons that have ranged attacks, as for reloading I don't see a problem with it but if your having difficulties I'll see what I can do.

7. espatula

espatula

Resources:
    Resources:
    the arrow should be more precise than the rifle

8. Eldubs

Eldubs

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    wrong

9. Mogg

Mogg

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hey Take! Sorry for dont answering your mail. I´ve some personal problems thats make me stop playng w3 for a long time :(
    If you need some help with the map, dont doube to PM me, i´ll be glad to help you!

10. espatula

espatula

Resources:
    Resources:
    I played with a geek who said he was vegan, and he didn't wanted to kill a single animal during the game, we won by the way, but i did most of the work and he complained the whole game about my "killing spree". So could you do more things to do that doesn't envolve killing?
    so i can play with him again, thank you.

11. Mogg

Mogg

Resources:
    Resources:
    The last thing you must do to win the map is kill your opponents... Your opponents are humans (i guess) so they are animals too. I think he was joking you. If he wasn´t, then i really think this map is not for him.

12. JaysProjex

JaysProjex

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It's fine, I've had an thor helping me for awhile on some stuff, then once again busy with life, internet got shut off which is now back, also life things getting in the way as usual I don't have alot of time to work on the map. The map is really near complete it just needs adjustments and some swap outs I hope to find sometime soon to finish it. I apologize for fans waiting for the new version to come out I know it's been taking awhile, I'm not sure many play WC3 anymore anyways but I'll try to finish it.

I don't entirely understand what you mean, are you saying other than the leaderboard of kills? Like add something else like someone did the most of this, leaderboard? Unless he just doesn't want killing in the game then he shouldn't be playing the game at all, if he doesn't mind it there are other things you can do in the game, you can craft and gather items.

13. ironman47

ironman47

Resources:
    Resources:
    Any plans for a single player mode

I enjoyed playing this map with a friend but was unable to play it very long one of us kept dying. Do you have any plans for a single player mode? That would be nice. Or a co-op for two against nature. What'ya think?

[​IMG]

14. espatula

espatula

Resources:
    Resources:
    you see, he have no problem in kill humans, is the innocent cute defenceless animals he want to protect, i have enough trouble in find people to play in my country D:
    i'm brazilian by the way(you can notice by my nickname)

15. cloren

cloren

Resources:
    Resources:
    I really love this game.Are you releasing a Single player mode?
    because im having trouble on garena.no one is entering my room or whatsoever.
    and im a big fan of your map :D

inform me if you may

16. JaysProjex

JaysProjex

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It's not really intended to play solely but will most likely be able to play it by yourself.

17. cloren

cloren

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well how?
    if i put Computer player they just die like they used to be :p

anyways could i suggest some thing?If i can...

OffTopic-Merry Christmas Dude!

Last edited: Dec 25, 2010
  18. JaysProjex

JaysProjex

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Have you read anything on the first page? The entire map was basically re-done the newest version that is being made wasn't even released yet so the Wilderness Survival map you are playing hasn't even been updated for quite sometime now. Merry Christmas to you to by the way.

19. cloren

cloren

Resources:
    Resources:
    oh yeah...
    sorry about that anyways i wish you good luck on the map

20. boyot888

boyot888

Resources:
    Resources:
    Kudos on the awesome map. My brother and I are totally addicted to this :). Great job adding water to the map, made it just so much more realistic.

A friendly suggestion from me and my brother(THIS MAP BIGGEST FAN!) is to

-add the "morale" effect.
    e.g. Morale will increase hp and increase movement speed etc.
    Things that increases morale: Company from other survivors, pets, seeing the sun rise, lighting a fire, find or made a shelter etc..(anything that can make you happy while surviving)
    Things that decreases morale: Seeing a fellow survivor die, getting lost in the woods, getting hungry or sick, getting cold at night, unable to catch food, etc...

-Another cool thing to add is a super-buff when on the verge of death.

-Situation when spawning can also be cool(can be chosen or randomed)
    e.g: plane crash, by mountainside, less hp, but with some equipments.
    boat accidents, by the sea/river,
    getting lost in the woods etc...

I love your work so much :) keep up the good work and sorry if my suggestions are uncodeable or something :p