• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Modern War v2.08

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: Hugomath
Description
A 4v4 altered melee Modern Warfare map. You can play it with friends or AIs. (The AI only works in the Player 5 slot.)

You can build a Barracks to train a variety of troops, you can build a vehicle factory to build some tanks and vehicles, and you can build a Helipad to build aircraft. There are also some defenses and a Tech Center you can build to improve your base.

The main town-hall type building is the Base of Operations. It can upgrade into a Futuristic Base of Operations to improve all of your buildings and enable certain researches.
Units
Robot Marine: An upgraded version of the regular Marine, does not take food. The Upgrade available when you have the Futuristic Base of Operations.

M2 Bradley IFV: A weak and light scout vehicle. Can transport 2 units.

Dreadnought H: A large and powerful mech equipped with a machine gun, but is also capable of melee attacking enemies should they get too close for comfort.

Bazooka Trooper: Your anti-tank soldier. Highly effective versus tanks, mechs, and buildings.

Castle Bot: By far, the strongest and largest unit in the game. Is built from the Tech Center after you have a Futuristic Base of Operations.

Engineer: The basic worker unit. Is actually armed with a machine gun, but don't expect him to win any battles for you.

and more...
Screenshots

(These screenshots are old and from a much later version of the map.)

Were Watching
200270-albums4183-picture39480.jpg

Huh, what's that?
200270-albums4183-picture39481.jpg

Eyes in the Sky
200270-albums4183-picture39482.jpg

Never Wander Around Alone
200270-albums4183-picture39483.jpg

Where Do You Think Your Going?
200270-albums4183-picture39484.jpg

None yet!

v1.00
-Map uploaded
-Screenshots included

v1.03
-Removed the "You will be revealed to your opponents if you don't build a Town Hall." message
-Increased the Castle Bot's range from 200 to 800
-Fixed the Scientist's animations

v1.04
-Added some "creeps" to the map

v1.05
-Map now includes AI if Player 2 is not in game

v1.10
-The Futuristic Base of Operations is now an appropriate size
-Fixed the a message that appeared when you used the Scientist's invest ability, it takes 5 minutes for the research, not 2 minutes
-Made the Scientist's invest ability no longer available after you've made all the investments you can make (There were only 2.)
-Fixed the "You will be revealed to your opponents if you don't build a Town Hall." message (This time I know it's fixed.)
-Changed the Hero's lumber cost from 100 to 150

v1.19
-Vehicle Factory is slightly smaller
-Dreadnought H (when in Machine Gun mode) now has 600 range instead of only 500 range
-Dreadnought H is now slightly weaker when in melee attack mode
-Dreadnought C is now slightly stronger
-Marines and Robot Marines attack speed has been doubled
-BMP-3's now fire Toxin Shells when they get the Toxin Shells research
-Raptors can no longer cast "Slam" while in the air
-"Scroll of Town Portal" is now "Disposable Teleportation Device"
-The Time Bomb ability for the Marine Commando now works properly and no longer explodes instantly, is now more powerful, no longer is a homing missle, has reduced movement speed, and a missle arc

v1.21
-Black Hawk is now smaller
-"robotic" units are now mechanical

v1.23
-Increased the mana cost of the request air support ability for the Commando Hero to 200 (It was 150.)
-Fixed the air support ability, it used to spawn a Cobra at the enemy's base

v1.25
-Added to the variety of creeps
-Improved the Ion Cannon

v1.26
-Fixed the Castle Bot's projectile for his "Cluster Cannon" ability.

v1.27
-Changed the way the Ghoul Hunter creep dies. His corpse is now removed after death.

v2.00
-Completely new terrain by Hugomath

v2.03
-new AI that works by Ironman47
-leaks fixed by Ironman47
-Creeps added, again

v2.05
-improved the AI
-added Victory Condition
-Removed the lumber repair cost from both Dreadnoughts

v2.08
-added disabled buttons (DISBTN)
-made starting units get removed if the player is not in the game

Credits

Terrain by Blizzard Entertainment.
Terrain by Hugomath.
Leaks fixed by Ironman47.
AI by Ironman47.
Models for buildings by Kofi_Banan, Mr. Bob, and SataX.
Models for Barracks units by cavman, rober artua, and Epsilon.
Scientist's model by jk2pach.
Models for Vehicle Factory units by Illidan(Evil)X and PyramidHe@d.
Models for Heliport units by Illidan(Evil)X and Kofi_Banan.
Ion Cannon Beam by Illidan(Evil)X.
Marine Commando's model by qassamzed.
Castle Bot's model by anarachianbedlam.

I have a lot imported files in this map, but you always need some kind of credits. If you realized I missed someone, please let me know so I can add them to the credits list, but I'm about 90% sure I got everyone.

Keywords:
Modern, War, Slayer14, Slayer, Hugomath, Ironman47, Ironman, Warfare, 8 Player, Mountain, Snow, Tank, Battle
Contents

Modern War v2.08 (Map)

Reviews
09:09, 19th Jul 2011 -Kobas-: Status: Rejected Comment
Level 9
Add some screenshots to stimulate people to download, and also give some few more details in the description. I'd also recommend you to type a credit list there. Anyway, downloading and testing...

EDIT: Well, I liked it! I got some complains though.

-First, at the start of the game, it shows: "You will be revealed to your opponents unless you build a Town Hall". Please fix it.

-Second, I have a complain about the Castle Robot thingy. Only 200 range? For such a big gun, I would put about 800 or 700.

-Third, and last, change the way the Scientist hold its gun. Its Jk2pach's animated marine, so its holding that big rifle like a pistol lol.

Anyway, good map. I liked that research system that you made of the scientists btw. I think the map is very good, but you could add some more units, like light armored vehicles and fighters. Also, spread some creeps around the map.
Heroes would be nice too :p. And have you considered in making this for more players? *Ok, I'll shut up now*

~Vote for approval, 3/5 and +rep

Btw, I attached some pictures below, proving my complains. (None of the scientist though)

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_121810_160233_01.tga
    1.8 MB · Views: 309
  • WC3ScrnShot_121810_160914_02.tga
    1.8 MB · Views: 201
Last edited:
Level 9
Alright changes made! Looks nice now ;]

Well, I'm not a very skilled terrainer, but I practice sometimes. I can show some pictures of my skills if you want to, and maybe I could even help you. Just tell me which kind of terrain you would like to see (city, forest, mountains, snow, etc) and I'll try it.

Level 10
Alright changes made! Looks nice now ;]

Well, I'm not a very skilled terrainer, but I practice sometimes. I can show some pictures of my skills if you want to, and maybe I could even help you. Just tell me which kind of terrain you would like to see (city, forest, mountains, snow, etc) and I'll try it.

Could you do a mountain template? I think that would be cool.:grin:

seems interesting gona download

I'm sure you won't regret it. Just grab a friend and get goin'. Maybe later you'll be able to grab maybe, 7 friends!

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

I love the models and the big bad robots. Too bad it doesn't have an AI as it looks like I would end up playing it for hours.

D/l and testing

Level 10
I love the models and the big bad robots. Too bad it doesn't have an AI as it looks like I would end up playing it for hours.

D/l and testing

OK, I'll put AI's on it.:wsmile:

EDIT:
MAP UPDATE: v1.04 to v1.05

I have added an AI to the map.

Now you can play it single-player for hours!

Last edited:
Level 7
hey im sure here got problem isnt the base of operation is the main thing.the why it say u will be revealed to ur opponents if u din build your tree of life.
EDit1:Did the hero use wood?if not pls removed it.

Level 10
hey im sure here got problem isnt the base of operation is the main thing.the why it say u will be revealed to ur opponents if u din build your tree of life.
EDit1:Did the hero use wood?if not pls removed it.

Yes, the Base of Operations is the main thing. I tested it yesterday, but I wasn't paying attention to it at all. I thought I fixed it already. Well, I was going to update my map anyway, and yes, the Hero does use wood.

Level 8
I enjoyed playing this map although it has some minor issues.

Things I liked: Gameplay, Terran is good,
some good unit models, good hero.

Minor Issues: disable icons missing, used scroll of town portal (seems out of place), Some balancing on the two dreadnought units are needed.
The AI is weak.

Overall: I like the map, it's fun to play with another human player, good use of models I give it 4.5/5 :)

Last edited:
Level 1
the ai is kinda bad. i had easy ai, just to test the map, it had 3 unfinished buildings in it base, and just a small army. it killed none of the creeps, and was just camping in its base.
otherwise the map has great gameplay, altough here are a few minor things you may want to change:
1: the transport helicopter (forgot its name) was a bit large in my opinion.
2: the dreadnoughts are robots, but in-game i was able to heal it with a medic, and the builders couldn't repair it. maybe change it to a mechanical.
3:sucky ai as i already said. (im gonna play it with my little brother to test it out better)
4:from the description of the ''invest'' skill, i understood that you could only invest once every 5 minutes, but i was able to hit the invest button multiple times, might want to make a trigger that blocks the investment when you have already invested.
good luck with mapping, and hope to see another high-quality product of you soon :)

Level 10
MAP UPDATE: v1.19 to v1.21

The Dreadnoughts and the Raptor are now mechanical units.

The following problems still persist:

I don't know why the Invest ability never disappears when you use it. When a player uses the Invest ability, the ability is supposed to get disabled. It doesn't work though and don't know what to do with it.

And the AI, for some reason they don't finish their buildings that they're supposed to build. (It's mainly the Vehicle Factory and the Heliport.) I don't know why that is either. To make the AI, I used the AI Editor. I have used many times before and never has this happened. Does anyone know what's going on or have an idea why this is happening?

Level 2
The Commando skill cobra Reinforcement,Should it spawn in an enemy helipad?
make more players
btw nice castle robot:thumbs_up:

Level 10
No, it's not supposed to spawn at an enemy Heliport. I'll fix it.

It'll take me some time to make it for more players. Hugomath is working on terrain for me to use. I'm planning on making it for 8 players, but it depends on the size of the terrain.

Thanks for letting me know. :gg:

Level 4
Man i like the pics with titles :)))) (Where do you think ure going? hahhaha) :p
Anyways great map, but make one more thing!! More Players MAN!
More Players = More Fun (There are always the exceptions called leavers) **

5/5 From Me keep it up :))

Level 9
Okay I played the newest, and yeah its pretty good now. My only complains are about the AI, that someone already mentioned before, and the creeps. You could variate, I mean, only aliens? I would put at least three more kinds of creeps. Here's my suggestion for them:

-Rebels: they use guns and armored cars. Four kinds: Rebel Scout, Rebel Combatant, Rebel RPG Trooper and Rebel Attack Vehicle;
-Mutants: Zombies and Fallout 3-style monsters. Five kinds: Ghoul, Ghoul Hunter, Ghoul Witch, Ghoul Behemot and Ghoul Murder.
-Undead: Pretty much like the mutants, but with different models(skeleton models). Three kinds: Skeletal Fighter, Skeletal Crossbowman and Skeletal Assassin.
-Aliens(new kinds): Alien Hunter, Alien Acid Spitter and Alien Infector.

~Rebels: As for the Models, I would use these:
Rebel Scout: This guy with a smg.
Rebel Combatant: This one with that assault rifle on the image.
Rebel RPG Trooper: This with a RPG.
Rebel Attack Vehicle: this

~Mutants: These are the models I suggest:
Ghoul: WC3 Zombie/Dalaran Mutant or this
Ghoul Hunter: WC3 Ghoul or This
Ghoul Witch: This
Ghoul Behemot: Either the Abomination or this
Ghoul Assassin: This

~Undead: The models:
Skeletal Fighter: WC3 Skeletal Warrior
Skeletal Crossbowman: this
Skeletal Assassin: this

~Aliens: Models would be the same that are already included on the map

As for the stats of them all... I have no idea XD. Its your call. But remember: the Skeletal Crossbowman, Ghoul Assassin, Alien Acid Spitter and the Rebel RPG Trooper are units made to attack both air and ground.

Hope you like my suggestions. And about the terrain, you can consider it 10% done, but I'm gonna need your suggestions about stuff.

~Changed rating from 3/5 to 4/5.

Level 10
gtsimos said:
Man i like the pics with titles :)))) (Where do you think ure going? hahhaha) :p
Anyways great map, but make one more thing!! More Players MAN!
More Players = More Fun (There are always the exceptions called leavers) **

5/5 From Me keep it up :))

Glad you liked it! More players is right, but it will take some time for me to do that. Sorry.

Okay I played the newest, and yeah its pretty good now. My only complains are about the AI, that someone already mentioned before, and the creeps. You could variate, I mean, only aliens? I would put at least three more kinds of creeps. Here's my suggestion for them:

-Rebels: they use guns and armored cars. Four kinds: Rebel Scout, Rebel Combatant, Rebel RPG Trooper and Rebel Attack Vehicle;
-Mutants: Zombies and Fallout 3-style monsters. Five kinds: Ghoul, Ghoul Hunter, Ghoul Witch, Ghoul Behemot and Ghoul Murder.
-Undead: Pretty much like the mutants, but with different models(skeleton models). Three kinds: Skeletal Fighter, Skeletal Crossbowman and Skeletal Assassin.
-Aliens(new kinds): Alien Hunter, Alien Acid Spitter and Alien Infector.

~Rebels: As for the Models, I would use these:
Rebel Scout: This guy with a smg.
Rebel Combatant: This one with that assault rifle on the image.
Rebel RPG Trooper: This with a RPG.
Rebel Attack Vehicle: this

~Mutants: These are the models I suggest:
Ghoul: WC3 Zombie/Dalaran Mutant or this
Ghoul Hunter: WC3 Ghoul or This
Ghoul Witch: This
Ghoul Behemot: Either the Abomination or this
Ghoul Assassin: This

~Undead: The models:
Skeletal Fighter: WC3 Skeletal Warrior
Skeletal Crossbowman: this
Skeletal Assassin: this

~Aliens: Models would be the same that are already included on the map

As for the stats of them all... I have no idea XD. Its your call. But remember: the Skeletal Crossbowman, Ghoul Assassin, Alien Acid Spitter and the Rebel RPG Trooper are units made to attack both air and ground.

Hope you like my suggestions. And about the terrain, you can consider it 10% done, but I'm gonna need your suggestions about stuff.

~Changed rating from 3/5 to 4/5.

Thanks for the suggestions Hugomath. I'll try to improve the types of creeps on the map.

Level 5
Please Change the Map text into : Modern War v1.25 AI .
Im downloading and will check it soon
EDIT BEFORE DOWNLOADING: This map has not been approved in the resource section and is not guaranteed to be working." can you explain why i got this at hive workshop on your map ?
result: PROS
+lots of custom units and stuff
+ good creeps
+was thinking how can a soldier be a enginer :D then i saw hes building animation, was very nice.
= Uh the rebels have there ak47 like a pistol , either delete the unit and have somtihing else or switch or just let it be, its not that bad.
AI. they dont finish buildings ,send 5 enginners to do gold and no building of units or nothing totally a garvage AI , but im not that good either so :)...
CONS
- 2 players? =.= .....
if you add AI you shud rlly post on the text : AI: because some people like AI maps ( like me )
4/5 :)

Last edited:
Level 9
Im downloading and will check it soon
EDIT BEFORE DOWNLOADING: This map has not been approved in the resource section and is not guaranteed to be working." can you explain why i got this at hive workshop on your map ?
result: PROS
+lots of custom units and stuff
+ good creeps
+was thinking how can a soldier be a enginer :D then i saw hes building animation, was very nice.
= Uh the rebels have there ak47 like a pistol , either delete the unit and have somtihing else or switch or just let it be, its not that bad.
AI. they dont finish buildings ,send 5 enginners to do gold and no building of units or nothing totally a garvage AI , but im not that good either so :)...
CONS
- 2 players? =.= .....
if you add AI you shud rlly post on the text : AI: because some people like AI maps ( like me )
4/5 :)

First, wasn't approved because probably wasn't tested yet. I don't see any moderator comments. Do you?

Second, the AI problem is still on development, probably isn't pretty easy.

Third, there are only two players because the terrain isn't good enough. That's why I am working with a terrain template for him.

Thanks for the feedback though, even this map isn't mine :p

Level 5
First, wasn't approved because probably wasn't tested yet. I don't see any moderator comments. Do you?

Second, the AI problem is still on development, probably isn't pretty easy.

Third, there are only two players because the terrain isn't good enough. That's why I am working with a terrain template for him.

Thanks for the feedback though, even this map isn't mine :p

well gotta say im bad at this feed back and commenting , but i try my best. :)

Level 9
There are two methods:
~First, you can upload an image in the comment, which everyone who check this thread will be able to see. Like this:
wsp0208.jpg

For that, you have to upload the screenshot on the internet (like imageshack), and then copy the link of that image and use the IMG BB code (you can click "Go Advanced" before posting, and click on the Image icon[two mountains with a sun], then paste your link in it). Then, just post it and it will appear on your post.

~Second, you can upload the image as an attachment. However, by that way, people will only be able to see the image by downloading the attachment. You can manage your attachments at your User Control Panel, or click "Go Advanced" before posting, scroll down to "Additional Options" and click "Manage Attachments", then you may upload the images from your computer and put them here as attachment to people download.

You can also upload your attachments by clicking on "Go Advanced" before posting, then click on the paper clips, on the top of the box where you write you message and select the file you want to upload.

If you can't understand that, post a visitor message on my profile and I'll try to explain better.

Level 10

Why? Its fine the way it is. I don't want "AI" in the name of the map. The map description says it has an AI on it.

Has previously stated by Hugomath, there aren't any mods that have tested my map and left a comment, (even though I wish they would).

I realize the AI is garbage, but I just don't know why. I used the AI Editor to make it and I have used the AI Editor to make other AI's before, but I've never had a problem.

Just tell what you think, report bugs you may find and give suggestions.

Uh, yeah. What he said. :xxd:

Btw, um, I'd appreciate it if you guys didn't use my map's comment section to give tutorials and other unrelated things.

Level 5
Why? Its fine the way it is. I don't want "AI" in the name of the map. The map description says it has an AI on it.

Has previously stated by Hugomath, there aren't any mods that have tested my map and left a comment, (even though I wish they would).

I realize the AI is garbage, but I just don't know why. I used the AI Editor to make it and I have used the AI Editor to make other AI's before, but I've never had a problem.

Uh, yeah. What he said. :xxd:

Btw, um, I'd appreciate it if you guys didn't use my map's comment section to give tutorials and other unrelated things.
yea sorry i shud of posted him a PM with the thread i posted in the forums :D enyway the map is fun so i rep+ and 4/5 rate

Last edited:
Level 10
yea sorry i shud of posted him a PM with the thread i posted in the forums :D enyway the map is fun so i rep+ and 4/5 rate

This ain't no forum, lichking -.-. This is the comments section of my Modern War map. Forums are completely different, but nonetheless, thanks for your previous comments on the map. (No offense intended.)
:wink:

lichking -.-, couldn't help but notice you didn't actually rate the map. I didn't want to say anything at first, but I'm trying to a moderator (ap0) to look at my map.

Last edited:
Level 1
some bug with ghoul hunter dying animation...

but good job especially castlebot tranforming
i like it!

Level 9
@SPYNET: Yup, you're right. The author of that model did something wrong with the death/decay animation. So, Slayer14, you should change the decay time for the ghoul hunter, or create a trigger to remove a ghoul hunter after it dies. It would be something like this(I'm lazy to make a Trigger BB Code, so I hope you understand it): -Event: A unit dies. -Condition: Unit type equals to "Ghoul Hunter". -Actions: Wait # seconds; -Remove triggering unit from game.

~Where # is how much seconds it takes to the model play the death animation.

Level 9
I believe so. But give it some time, to play the death animation, then you remove it.

EDIT: y0, Slayer, I got some shit that you might wanna see ;). Comment please, and be honest!

PS: DON'T CLICK UNLESS YOU ARE SLAYER14 OR ARE NOT AN ASSHOLE!

Last edited:
Level 9
Shit, I hate when I spot my errors too late ¬¬.

Anyway, you might want to increase the size of the units a bit :p. And add creeps as well.

Sorry for the mistakes on the terrain.

Level 10
MAP UPDATE: v2.00 to v2.03

Another map update!

• The map now includes a fully-functioning AI! (AI only works for Player 5.) Adjustable difficulty as well! Use Computer (Easy) for an easy AI, Computer (Normal) for a pretty strong AI, and Computer (Insane) for a cheating AI that will probably kill you.
  • Map leaks fixed by ironman47. This map used to have leaks all over the place! There pretty much all gone now.
  • Added creeps to the new terrain!

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Level 8
Oh yeah sure I could. This was my first time making a triggered AI. Not an easy thing to do making an AI that will build they're base and form an attack group and attack any enemy player at random. But it works. They'll also defend they're base if attacked and upgrade they're base of operations to the futuristic age!