1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Ride into the sunset with the 32nd Modeling Contest. The contest is optionally paired. Best of luck, people!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. This adventure has come to an end. Congratulate our heroes in the 16th Mini Mapping Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. From the gates of hell, the 5th Special Effect Contest Results have emerged.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Wilderness Survival Updates

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by JaysProjex, Sep 8, 2009.

1. JaysProjex

JaysProjex

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    -Moved- Anymore comments will not be seen here, refer to the location of my map in which there is a new forum.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2014
  2. JaysProjex

JaysProjex

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Please note:
    If you see any signs of bugs or something that could be wrong or unfair with the map please report it thank you!

Last edited: Apr 25, 2012
  3. Locust

Locust

Resources:
    Resources:
    Love the map, you've rly done something special, one thing I think you should prio is the new game modes, Me & my friends are so longing for the new "CO-OP Survival mode", Do you have any release plans?

Also a question since I have not yet explored that much of the map, is the map all flat or is there mountains etc on the map? Asking this cause if the map is flat it would improve to give the nature hills, I have only explored the start area of the map, so I dont know ;)

best regards Locust :)

4. JaysProjex

JaysProjex

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    No release date is set. As for the terrain in 3.0? its sorta flat, in 3.1 the whole map is being re-terrained from scratch like in the images is the brand new look, the one I'm currently working on now has trails going along the mountains, there's caves and icebergs just a new look to add to the game so no its not flat at all.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2009
  5. Locust

Locust

Resources:
    Resources:
    Is there any possible way you could release like a "pre-release" of the 3.1 patch with at least the modes? :D Would love to start playing it and also want to be able to give feedback if wanted.

6. JaysProjex

JaysProjex

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    No I canno't, however the terrain is just about finished I haven't worked on any of the triggering yet. That means there are no modes implanted yet. I'm still searching for a few more models which must fit for the map. I can't afford any screw ups. What you see above for the notes is what you get until all the above is done the map will get released.

7. Aesthetics

Aesthetics

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Hey,

I believe I did play your map once, and I disliked it because of the sudden lag spikes.

Is it still present?

8. JaysProjex

JaysProjex

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Sorry I just started working on it again, the lag spikes are still there for some people apparently I never seem to have problems. Most say it has been clearing up after the newer versions. I must say in this version it will clear up many things lets just hope.

9. fish789

fish789

Resources:
    Resources:
    Me and my friends recently discovered such an awesome game , While reading the changes we just can't wait for it to come out. :smile: Good Work :thumbs_up: Hopes it comes out soon :)

10. Mogg

Mogg

Resources:
    Resources:
    This map is really amazing, i host it online and everybody likes it. The problem of explain the basics 9999 times and they still dyng is inevitable, but they are happy the same beying phantoms xD. Thanks for your map, i play it 12 hours in a row, and we discover a hundred ways to kill your oponents with a dozen of diferent tactics. The greatest spike trap tecnique, the explosive barrel with torch and others more funny tricks. I manage to defeat the wendigo in 8 mins alone, but i know there are pros out there... maybe betters than me. Thanks for this great map..!

We are hoping for the new version.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2010
  11. Mogg

Mogg

Resources:
    Resources:
    5 months and still nothing... :(

12. JaysProjex

JaysProjex

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Sorry man, I just I don't know at this point. Pretty much what happened was well just imagine that everything was erased in the map and starting over with new and I got tired of working on it also some of the stuff that was added I just wasn't happy about, I couldn't get the models I wanted some of the things just didn't work the way I wanted it to go it's been a struggle. You get to some points where you feel the map is just incomplete and you want to add more just so people will keep playing the game but it takes a lot of time which is something I don't have a lot of anymore. Plus with the new Starcraft II which will be coming out, everyone will most likely be switching over to it.

13. Vengeancekael

Vengeancekael

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    Remove the white color, it's ugly, use royal blue or something and some BB codes will make the description more attractive. Link

14. -Equalizer

-Equalizer

Resources:
    Resources:
    amazing map :)

15. thorhunter

thorhunter

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hey, good to know you're still working on the map.

16. Blizard Of Oz

Blizard Of Oz

Resources:
    Resources:
    I applaud you for continuing this map series. Not to mention, the terrain looks, oh so tasty, and much better than the other versions. I wish I had ideas to help you with at the moment. If I do come up with any, I will happily include them into this thread. Thanks so much for continuing this series!

17. fish789

fish789

Resources:
    Resources:
    haha cool you are working on it again :)

18. jsheph03

jsheph03

Resources:
    Resources:
    Man, People thought only RPGS can have beast Terrain, This changes it ALL

19. fish789

fish789

Resources:
    Resources:
    Cool lets hope it finishes soon ;]
    its looking great :D

20. JaysProjex

JaysProjex

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yea, I'm trying my best with it, I'm stumped on a few things right now my main focus is just trying to get everything balanced out so it wont ruin the gameplay. Thanks for keeping in touch guys ^_^