• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Wilderness Survival Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Love the map, you've rly done something special, one thing I think you should prio is the new game modes, Me & my friends are so longing for the new "CO-OP Survival mode", Do you have any release plans?

Also a question since I have not yet explored that much of the map, is the map all flat or is there mountains etc on the map? Asking this cause if the map is flat it would improve to give the nature hills, I have only explored the start area of the map, so I dont know ;)

best regards Locust :)

Level 12
No release date is set. As for the terrain in 3.0? its sorta flat, in 3.1 the whole map is being re-terrained from scratch like in the images is the brand new look, the one I'm currently working on now has trails going along the mountains, there's caves and icebergs just a new look to add to the game so no its not flat at all.

Last edited:
Level 1
Is there any possible way you could release like a "pre-release" of the 3.1 patch with at least the modes? :D Would love to start playing it and also want to be able to give feedback if wanted.

Level 12
Is there any possible way you could release like a "pre-release" of the 3.1 patch with at least the modes? :D Would love to start playing it and also want to be able to give feedback if wanted.

No I canno't, however the terrain is just about finished I haven't worked on any of the triggering yet. That means there are no modes implanted yet. I'm still searching for a few more models which must fit for the map. I can't afford any screw ups. What you see above for the notes is what you get until all the above is done the map will get released.

Level 12
Sorry I just started working on it again, the lag spikes are still there for some people apparently I never seem to have problems. Most say it has been clearing up after the newer versions. I must say in this version it will clear up many things lets just hope.

Level 1
Me and my friends recently discovered such an awesome game , While reading the changes we just can't wait for it to come out. :smile: Good Work :thumbs_up: Hopes it comes out soon :)

Level 2
This map is really amazing, i host it online and everybody likes it. The problem of explain the basics 9999 times and they still dyng is inevitable, but they are happy the same beying phantoms xD. Thanks for your map, i play it 12 hours in a row, and we discover a hundred ways to kill your oponents with a dozen of diferent tactics. The greatest spike trap tecnique, the explosive barrel with torch and others more funny tricks. I manage to defeat the wendigo in 8 mins alone, but i know there are pros out there... maybe betters than me. Thanks for this great map..!

We are hoping for the new version.

Last edited:
Level 12
5 months and still nothing... :(

Sorry man, I just I don't know at this point. Pretty much what happened was well just imagine that everything was erased in the map and starting over with new and I got tired of working on it also some of the stuff that was added I just wasn't happy about, I couldn't get the models I wanted some of the things just didn't work the way I wanted it to go it's been a struggle. You get to some points where you feel the map is just incomplete and you want to add more just so people will keep playing the game but it takes a lot of time which is something I don't have a lot of anymore. Plus with the new Starcraft II which will be coming out, everyone will most likely be switching over to it.

Level 4
I applaud you for continuing this map series. Not to mention, the terrain looks, oh so tasty, and much better than the other versions. I wish I had ideas to help you with at the moment. If I do come up with any, I will happily include them into this thread. Thanks so much for continuing this series!

Level 12
Nice map, but could you fix the pictures so there wont open a new link?

The screenshots are nothing special, it just gives an idea of what the new terrain will look like and as for completion of the map thor is working on the game modes doing a fantastic job *imo* he's done alot for the map already hopefully we'll see something come up real soon.

Level 4
Hey man, nice map
I have a suggestion, the rifle could have a chance to hit the target, cause these guns aren't precise, should not be hard to do it :grin:

Also... should have a easier way to reload the guns, not saying that should take less time, just be easier

Level 12
Hey man, nice map
I have a suggestion, the rifle could have a chance to hit the target, cause these guns aren't precise, should not be hard to do it :grin:

Also... should have a easier way to reload the guns, not saying that should take less time, just be easier

Actually the % chance to hit is going to be for all weapons that have ranged attacks, as for reloading I don't see a problem with it but if your having difficulties I'll see what I can do.

Level 2
Hey Take! Sorry for dont answering your mail. I´ve some personal problems thats make me stop playng w3 for a long time :(
If you need some help with the map, dont doube to PM me, i´ll be glad to help you!

Level 4
I played with a geek who said he was vegan, and he didn't wanted to kill a single animal during the game, we won by the way, but i did most of the work and he complained the whole game about my "killing spree". So could you do more things to do that doesn't envolve killing?
so i can play with him again, thank you.

Level 2
I played with a geek who said he was vegan, and he didn't wanted to kill a single animal during the game, we won by the way, but i did most of the work and he complained the whole game about my "killing spree". So could you do more things to do that doesn't envolve killing?

The last thing you must do to win the map is kill your opponents... Your opponents are humans (i guess) so they are animals too. I think he was joking you. If he wasn´t, then i really think this map is not for him.

Level 12
Hey Take! Sorry for dont answering your mail. I´ve some personal problems thats make me stop playng w3 for a long time :(
If you need some help with the map, dont doube to PM me, i´ll be glad to help you!

It's fine, I've had an thor helping me for awhile on some stuff, then once again busy with life, internet got shut off which is now back, also life things getting in the way as usual I don't have alot of time to work on the map. The map is really near complete it just needs adjustments and some swap outs I hope to find sometime soon to finish it. I apologize for fans waiting for the new version to come out I know it's been taking awhile, I'm not sure many play WC3 anymore anyways but I'll try to finish it.

espatula

I don't entirely understand what you mean, are you saying other than the leaderboard of kills? Like add something else like someone did the most of this, leaderboard? Unless he just doesn't want killing in the game then he shouldn't be playing the game at all, if he doesn't mind it there are other things you can do in the game, you can craft and gather items.

Level 8
Any plans for a single player mode

I enjoyed playing this map with a friend but was unable to play it very long one of us kept dying. Do you have any plans for a single player mode? That would be nice. Or a co-op for two against nature. What'ya think?

200269-albums4160-picture39284.jpg

Level 4
you see, he have no problem in kill humans, is the innocent cute defenceless animals he want to protect, i have enough trouble in find people to play in my country D:
i'm brazilian by the way(you can notice by my nickname)

Level 2
I really love this game.Are you releasing a Single player mode?
because im having trouble on garena.no one is entering my room or whatsoever.
and im a big fan of your map :D

inform me if you may

Level 2
Well how?
if i put Computer player they just die like they used to be :p

anyways could i suggest some thing?If i can...

OffTopic-Merry Christmas Dude!

Last edited:
Level 12
Well how?
if i put Computer player they just die like they used to be :p

anyways could i suggest some thing?If i can...

OffTopic-Merry Christmas Dude!

Have you read anything on the first page? The entire map was basically re-done the newest version that is being made wasn't even released yet so the Wilderness Survival map you are playing hasn't even been updated for quite sometime now. Merry Christmas to you to by the way.

Level 1
Kudos on the awesome map. My brother and I are totally addicted to this :). Great job adding water to the map, made it just so much more realistic.

A friendly suggestion from me and my brother(THIS MAP BIGGEST FAN!) is to

-add the "morale" effect.
e.g. Morale will increase hp and increase movement speed etc.
Things that increases morale: Company from other survivors, pets, seeing the sun rise, lighting a fire, find or made a shelter etc..(anything that can make you happy while surviving)
Things that decreases morale: Seeing a fellow survivor die, getting lost in the woods, getting hungry or sick, getting cold at night, unable to catch food, etc...

-Another cool thing to add is a super-buff when on the verge of death.

-Situation when spawning can also be cool(can be chosen or randomed)
e.g: plane crash, by mountainside, less hp, but with some equipments.
boat accidents, by the sea/river,
getting lost in the woods etc...

I love your work so much :) keep up the good work and sorry if my suggestions are uncodeable or something :p

Level 12
Kudos on the awesome map. My brother and I are totally addicted to this :). Great job adding water to the map.....

I appreciate of the idea of morale's but I already have some of these buffs and ability's in the game and adding morale's will just make them stack plus some of these aren't really necessary yes it would make the game feel more realistic but there is already so much in the newer version coming that has been re-done there's really no need to implement them it would just make the buff/ability bar look way to messy and confusing. There are items that already give you a little bit more HP, there are ability's and buffs as well that give you speed, also there are debuffs that effect the survivor. Thank you for posting I'm glad to hear more people that are interested in my newer version, my question to you guys is where is everyone playing? I've actually looked on battle.net and I never see wilderness survival hosted anymore use to pop in and out to play with random players sense I enjoy playing it as well unless everyone plays on Garena now?

Level 1
why did you remove the backpack :( I just put the backpack on the same hotkey and tab it to see what it have... noobs dont even use backpack.. such a waste. oh and I play on garena :)

Level 4
Well it was removed because there is a new system for it alot of people complained about it and it was hard to use during difficult situations.

in real life, in this particular situation, if you try to grab some thing in your bag while you are runing, some complication might occur

also...
if a building is destroyed, some itens used to build it could drop
for exemple if a tent is destroyed, vine and leather could drop, the sticks would be destroyed

Level 12
in real life, in this particular situation, if you try to grab some thing in your bag while you are runing, some complication might occur

also...
if a building is destroyed, some itens used to build it could drop
for exemple if a tent is destroyed, vine and leather could drop, the sticks would be destroyed

Yes for the backpack part you are correct it would actually take time to look through your backpack but during a survival situation it could be a bit different you would want to work somewhat fast to survive. As for buildings being destroyed then drop some of the items that crafted the structure, that's a great idea now I will most definitely put that in thanks, it will actually make players want to kill structures in game.

Level 1
Can you give and estimation of how long longer you thing it'll take to finish the map? I'm really looking forward to it. Take your time until you are really satisfied with the map.

Level 12
Can you give and estimation of how long longer you thing it'll take to finish the map? I'm really looking forward to it. Take your time until you are really satisfied with the map.

That's just it I'm not satisfied with it right now, it could be done within a week but there is still much to do with the map it was redesigned quite a few times, I'd say yes the aspect of the game changed quite a bit but was it really worth it is the question. There's alot of new features and its different from the my old version.

Level 8
I like this map and would like to give a review but when me and a friend play this map one of us always dies after about 5 minutes. Usually due to an animal attack. By the way the stick says +damage but gives no damage.
I really wish there was a single player mode.

Level 2
The design of the energy/food/hydration system makes it easy to shut off, you can include it into modes. If that's what you had in mind, that is.

Level 4
if you want to make players to destroy buildings, you may consider a getting stronger system, not necessarily "killing for xp" as normal wc3, wich i don't recomend to your map

also... try to go easy on the surviving systems, some times you forget that players have to go through all that

and... I always hated the human body eater bear, is so prejudiced
it puts a image to the bear, like he is such a evil animal and destroy everything on his way, red meat is not even this favorite meal. Please change that. Plus focus the bears on the river, and make the fishing atract them.

Status
Not open for further replies.