1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Ride into the sunset with the 32nd Modeling Contest. The contest is optionally paired. Best of luck, people!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. This adventure has come to an end. Congratulate our heroes in the 16th Mini Mapping Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. From the gates of hell, the 5th Special Effect Contest Results have emerged.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Wilderness Survival Updates

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by JaysProjex, Sep 8, 2009.

1. JaysProjex

JaysProjex

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I appreciate of the idea of morale's but I already have some of these buffs and ability's in the game and adding morale's will just make them stack plus some of these aren't really necessary yes it would make the game feel more realistic but there is already so much in the newer version coming that has been re-done there's really no need to implement them it would just make the buff/ability bar look way to messy and confusing. There are items that already give you a little bit more HP, there are ability's and buffs as well that give you speed, also there are debuffs that effect the survivor. Thank you for posting I'm glad to hear more people that are interested in my newer version, my question to you guys is where is everyone playing? I've actually looked on battle.net and I never see wilderness survival hosted anymore use to pop in and out to play with random players sense I enjoy playing it as well unless everyone plays on Garena now?

2. boyot888

boyot888

Resources:
    Resources:
    why did you remove the backpack :( I just put the backpack on the same hotkey and tab it to see what it have... noobs dont even use backpack.. such a waste. oh and I play on garena :)

3. JaysProjex

JaysProjex

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well it was removed because there is a new system for it alot of people complained about it and it was hard to use during difficult situations.

4. espatula

espatula

Resources:
    Resources:
    in real life, in this particular situation, if you try to grab some thing in your bag while you are runing, some complication might occur

also...
    if a building is destroyed, some itens used to build it could drop
    for exemple if a tent is destroyed, vine and leather could drop, the sticks would be destroyed

5. JaysProjex

JaysProjex

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yes for the backpack part you are correct it would actually take time to look through your backpack but during a survival situation it could be a bit different you would want to work somewhat fast to survive. As for buildings being destroyed then drop some of the items that crafted the structure, that's a great idea now I will most definitely put that in thanks, it will actually make players want to kill structures in game.

6. boyot888

boyot888

Resources:
    Resources:
    Can you give and estimation of how long longer you thing it'll take to finish the map? I'm really looking forward to it. Take your time until you are really satisfied with the map.

7. JaysProjex

JaysProjex

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    That's just it I'm not satisfied with it right now, it could be done within a week but there is still much to do with the map it was redesigned quite a few times, I'd say yes the aspect of the game changed quite a bit but was it really worth it is the question. There's alot of new features and its different from the my old version.

8. ironman47

ironman47

Resources:
    Resources:
    I like this map and would like to give a review but when me and a friend play this map one of us always dies after about 5 minutes. Usually due to an animal attack. By the way the stick says +damage but gives no damage.
    I really wish there was a single player mode.

9. thorhunter

thorhunter

Resources:
    Resources:
    The design of the energy/food/hydration system makes it easy to shut off, you can include it into modes. If that's what you had in mind, that is.

10. espatula

espatula

Resources:
    Resources:
    if you want to make players to destroy buildings, you may consider a getting stronger system, not necessarily "killing for xp" as normal wc3, wich i don't recomend to your map

also... try to go easy on the surviving systems, some times you forget that players have to go through all that

and... I always hated the human body eater bear, is so prejudiced
    it puts a image to the bear, like he is such a evil animal and destroy everything on his way, red meat is not even this favorite meal. Please change that. Plus focus the bears on the river, and make the fishing atract them.

11. boyot888

boyot888

Resources:
    Resources:
    I can't see how you can die with just animal attacks. The chance of you meeting a bear early on is very very low, and you can easily outrun a mammoth. A raccoon only takes a one attack an a stone to kill it. And once you get an axe you can easily kill a bear. Without even any items, two players can also kill a bear. This map is really not that hard, it takes patience, creativity and most importantly teamwork to succeed.

Yes bears are not carnivores and most of them even run when come in contact with humans. But momma bears are very territorial and protective to their cubs, perhaps this could be used instead..?

Also I wish the intro isn't so long :D

12. espatula

espatula

Resources:
    Resources:
    i find bears all the time in the begining, but i use the trap to kill it. Trap kills anything.
    I recomend the animals to run away from the trap, cause trap only hurts who atack it

13. JaysProjex

JaysProjex

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    -Polar bear to be exact, to answer a few of your questions the polar isn't there to literally eat you, like boyot888 said somewhat bears can be territorial and yes protective around their cubs. As for the intro being to long well that is fixed it doesn't take long to load now it might take a few seconds to load up. As for you espatula I don't understand your problem, bears in my map don't spawn near starting locations nor do mammoths are you sure your even playing the right wilderness survival? A trap is a trap the name says it, basically a trap with hardly a chance to escape.

14. espatula

espatula

Resources:
    Resources:
    oh no, i start walking and preparing everything in the way across the map, so some times i find one in my way, what make things dificult, but is not a problem don't worry about, the real problem is the trap that kills any animal, even the big foot(i do it all the time). reduce the life and the atk speed if you don't want to make some thing more complex

15. JaysProjex

JaysProjex

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I'm in need of help with somethings if you guys really want to see this map ever get done it's kinda hard to accomplish it by myself. Go back to the first page on this thread and the links are located there thanks!

By the way I understand you guys are coming up with some more ideas on the map but lets try to focus on the really important things rather than small little things that can be fixed with easy patches/versions. My main focus right now is just getting most of the important stuff out of the way and completed first so that the map can at least be released in a beta stage so that people can start playing thanks!

Last edited: Jan 12, 2011
  16. Marsal

Marsal

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    seems to be a nice map

17. espatula

espatula

Resources:
    Resources:
    the recipes in the skills are very confusing, make it in some where else or don't make it at all ;D

18. JaysProjex

JaysProjex

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I have to disagree with this and so would others, to me there quick access and they are always with you plus if you play the game all the time you should know where the recipes are located or you will just end up remembering all of them by memory. If you keep coming up with more problems then my map maybe just isn't for you? On the other hand if you are having difficulties then write a bunch of things down then type it up into a paragraph rather than just individual postings. I mean I do appreciate the thread bumps but now your just spamming my thread with things you don't like one at a time.

19. espatula

espatula

Resources:
    Resources:
    sorry, some times i don't know when stop. I realy like your map and i wanted to help you with ideas.

20. Mogg

Mogg

Resources:
    Resources:
    I´ll be glad to help you. What are you needing to finish the beta?