• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Wilderness Survival Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
maybe if you release this buggy version people could give you some feedback about the bug and how it works and maybe even what is causing it

Level 1
Good to hear that you going to release the map after week or 2 i thought that you never gona post it

Level 12
We are still waiting. I we´ll forever gonna keep doing it.

After I said "soon" I meant it but then I had a life issue get in the way once again I know more excuses great but shit happens I'm not happy about it either. I'm working on and off of it right now but on a few side notes there's an issue with the animal spawns and drops that I've been trying to fix. After the corruption everything went downhill with the map after the restore it was nearly 2-3 weeks behind but I mean the map is nearly at the edge of completion now with just minor errors. It just goes like this I fix a problem but then there is another problem repeat in this case it cannot be avoidable it has to be fixed in order for the game to work and play properly this also being a reason is that everything I put into this map, every single aspect of the game works together its all combined in a way that if something doesn't work nothing will. It's like releasing a book with missing pages. Anyways I'm trying my best to get it done but I also have more important things I gotta do first. I'm hoping that I can get it done sometime this month but if not then I guess it will just have to take a little longer.

Side Edit: When I do release the map expect bugs and expect things not to be fully functional or maybe something might be missing. It will be fixed but it will take sometime but if you guys want it that bad I can try to push a release date again soon but don't get upset if its not working 100% right away.

Level 2
No problem man. After all, you are doing all the work for us, the people who likes your work. We have no rights to bother you or tryng to hurry up you. We just wiil wait, as i said. Take your time and do it properly.

Bye bye.

Level 1
Thanks for making this great map! Is it possible to play this solo/alone? don't have net connection at home so I just want to try it out by myself. :)

Level 1
What now? -.-
We want map. Yo're making that shit since 2009.
Three fuckin years.
It's not so hard.

Level 12
What now? -.-
We want map. Yo're making that shit since 2009.
Three fuckin years.
It's not so hard.

Man you gotta understand that making maps is actually not that easy and to be honest it didn't take 3 years to create the map it took about 2-3 months of time spent into it so far. With a bit of patience Shadow the original member that helped me with the very first version of Wilderness Survival fixed the spawning triggers for me so a big thanks to him actually.

Level 1
~Bump~ Still need testers anyone?

Me! Me! I would like to test it out. Your game is so awesome, it even got me a little addicted to it since first try. Anyway, how can I be a member of the closed Beta? Long have I've waited for this chance! Please let me test it. I have a very good English fluency and can give you a review of the map. So, please contact me at your earliest convenience. You can contact here or email me at ([email protected]). Thank you. Godspeed!

:nemor::vw_death::thumbs_up::thumbs_up::thumbs_up:

Level 12
Me! Me! I would like to test it out. Your game is so awesome, it even got me a little addicted to it since first try. Anyway, how can I be a member of the closed Beta? Long have I've waited for this chance! Please let me test it. I have a very good English fluency and can give you a review of the map. So, please contact me at your earliest convenience. You can contact here or email me at ([email protected]). Thank you. Godspeed!

:nemor::vw_death::thumbs_up::thumbs_up::thumbs_up:

Edit: Your email must be invalid? I've added you/contacted you both ways and still receiving no reply's?

Last edited:
Level 3
rabbits

Tamed rabbits are supposed to gather items? Extremely awesome function that doesn't seem to work and I can't find any info on that. :S Any comments on this?

as for suggestions ^^.
Items on the ground should maybe decay over time, get covered under snow or something. turn to useless rubbish and later disappear. i mean, all the items, not only those that spawn. and in that case maybe more storage places to store those you want to keep, and maybe allow nearly anything to be burnt in fire. if you play for awhile, theres loads of dead wolves laying around and stuff... oh, and more about wolves, i mean, wolf sees some poles in a ground that probably just looks like a weird trees to it and decides like its good idea to attack them? Even if it hurts him to do so??? FTW? and shouldnt they be afraid of fire?

otherwise, :thumbs_up::thumbs_up::thumbs_up: most amazing map ever, if i could host, i would play it 24/7 non stop. but its difficult to find someone else hosting that...

...yet to hunt down those bigfeet and cut their tree...

Level 12
Tamed rabbits are supposed to gather items? Extremely awesome function that doesn't seem to work and I can't find any info on that. :S Any comments on this?

as for suggestions ^^.
Items on the ground should maybe decay over time, get covered under snow or something. turn to useless rubbish and later disappear. i mean, all the items, not only those that spawn. and in that case maybe more storage places to store those you want to keep, and maybe allow nearly anything to be burnt in fire. if you play for awhile, theres loads of dead wolves laying around and stuff... oh, and more about wolves, i mean, wolf sees some poles in a ground that probably just looks like a weird trees to it and decides like its good idea to attack them? Even if it hurts him to do so??? FTW? and shouldnt they be afraid of fire?

otherwise, :thumbs_up::thumbs_up::thumbs_up: most amazing map ever, if i could host, i would play it 24/7 non stop. but its difficult to find someone else hosting that...

...yet to hunt down those bigfeet and cut their tree...

Rabbits: The system has been on and off it causes interference unable to fix at the moment.

Items: Most items usually have a purpose for everything I don't see making them disappear solving anything

Storage: More storage? I have somewhat... of a solution still brainstorming though.

Wolves: I noticed this slight issue and still brainstorming with this as well, I didn't understand the pole part.

Fires: The fire scares smaller creatures and the bonfire scares most of all the other animals and the torch also scares some animals as well. Note: No the fire spear will not scare animals away or it would cause imbalance issues with completely avoiding/scaring all animals away.

I haven't worked on the map for a bit it's going to be at 4.0 for sometime I've been kinda busy but most things have been fixed. I'm going to be doing some slight re-work with the terrain and some weapon modifications again. If you have anymore questions feel free to send a message instead of posting I don't always check this thread everyday.

Level 3
i've not been playin this for some time, so i dont really remeber how they are named. poles? and wolves. well wolves attack everything beyond any logic. i build a single pole, or a wall from poles and wolves or bigger stuff will surely attack it. if i build close to them, then maybe yeah... if they see me build it and sense my smell and stuff. but what if the pole is just standing there and wolves will come attack it at night? thats surely weird behaviour. they just come and destroy my poles and bleed to death.

Level 1
Suggestions to improvement

Just started playing this recently. There are few things I would like to mention which may make the game more user-friendly.
1. Change the naming convention of the ingredient, rock's, of slingshot to something else so people won't be confused.
2. Change the naming convention of lumberjack kit. It’s still called chopping log recipe under lumberjack recipe.
3. Change the making of the cross bow recipe so that it doesn't require full 20 arrows. Melee weapons are really easy to make and more convenient than range weapons. When a bow is finally made, if you cannot upgrade it without having it fully loaded, then the point of making the bow is lost. Logically, the making of cross bow doesn't really need the arrows of bow.
4. Make a way to recharge the bow, and cross bow's arrows.
5. Should include a way to make drying rack instead of having it to be rewarded upon the making bonfire. This way, it will encourage people to make bonfire for protection and vision rather than for drying rack.
6. Make the falcon more responsive. Whenever I play, falcon's movement seems to be obstructed by something.
7. Make use of the bear’s pelt and boar’s pelt. As the game progresses, it seems that there’s no really no point to the existence of some animals’ pelts.
8. Change the order of the tools’ recipe base on relevancy. Under the guns and explosive recipe, a stick of dynamite should be before a box of explosive, etc.
9. Add the hints so that it displays animals’ dropping. Horns are from boars and deers. Antlers are from deers. Tree saps are from chopping trees (instead of in the recipe of lumber jack). Etc.
10. Change so that either the bear cannot chop trees, or mention that when a bear chops trees, nothing will be dropped from the tree.
11. Include in the hint that you cannot tame more than one of the same animal.
12. Make the snowshoe into something. Currently, it’s a taking an item space due to its lack of potential into building into something more useful.
13. Maybe make the user drops its current weapons when the user picks up a new one, instead of having the item appearing under the target body.
14. Differentiate the usage of ice swords and daggers. Currently, you can wield right-handed ice sword while carrying a fire spear (maximize dmg +42), but you cannot wield a right dagger without a left dagger.
15. Change so that killing your own animals for meat is not team killing.

Overall, I like the visual updates and the new recipes. They stand out from versions of 3 years ago. There are rooms for improvements. Hopefully, you will take my advice into account.

Level 12
Please understand that this project was never really finished I've spent years trying to get it going/done and I just never could get it 100% as it still shows beta on the loading screen and in-game start message, [real-life] I have things that I gotta do and free-time is not one of them, I do what I can but I appreciate the feedback & I will answer them for you.

1. Change the naming convention of the ingredient, rock's, of slingshot to something else so people won't be confused.
2. Change the naming convention of lumberjack kit. It’s still called chopping log recipe under lumberjack recipe.
8. Change the order of the tools’ recipe base on relevancy. Under the guns and explosive recipe, a stick of dynamite should be before a box of explosive, etc.
9. Add the hints so that it displays animals’ dropping. Horns are from boars and deers. Antlers are from deers. Tree saps are from chopping trees (instead of in the recipe of lumber jack). Etc.
11. Include in the hint that you cannot tame more than one of the same animal.

Not one of my top priority's I know most tool tips and some icons might still be scattered around but that's all I could do for the time being, it's not about what's easy to change it's about what really needs to be changed or fixed in what time I can find to fix those problems.

3. Change the making of the cross bow recipe so that it doesn't require full 20 arrows. Melee weapons are really easy to make and more convenient than range weapons. When a bow is finally made, if you cannot upgrade it without having it fully loaded, then the point of making the bow is lost. Logically, the making of cross bow doesn't really need the arrows of bow.
4. Make a way to recharge the bow, and cross bow's arrows.

I completely agree with you, I took out the newer bow system and re-placed it with the old one if you have to ask it was because of complexity, I understand that it needs re-work but I haven't found time to brainstorm much on the idea until something comes along I will change it. Also note rechargeable arrows will be implemented as well as the system does still exist just disabled for re-work.

5. Should include a way to make drying rack instead of having it to be rewarded upon the making bonfire. This way, it will encourage people to make bonfire for protection and vision rather than for drying rack.

Before all you needed to make leather was drop hide in fire. Players wanted an easy system back sense both items (Drying rack & Bonfire) you don't really need both of these to finish the game but they're both "useful" this also helps pace out the game instead of having to make a bunch of recipes, some people don't like spending the entire game gathering and creating recipes.

6. Make the falcon more responsive. Whenever I play, falcon's movement seems to be obstructed by something.
7. Make use of the bear’s pelt and boar’s pelt. As the game progresses, it seems that there’s no really no point to the existence of some animals’ pelts.

The falcon I didn't notice but I will look into it. I'm aware of the pelt problem, the boar: no pelt drops but is there for other reasons as it's easily kill-able

10. Change so that either the bear cannot chop trees, or mention that when a bear chops trees, nothing will be dropped from the tree.

This should have been fixed awhile back but I will look at it again

12. Make the snowshoe into something. Currently, it’s a taking an item space due to its lack of potential into building into something more useful.

Yes I know

13. Maybe make the user drops its current weapons when the user picks up a new one, instead of having the item appearing under the target body.

I find this rather frustrating but never got around to making the system yet but I'm aware of this to

14. Differentiate the usage of ice swords and daggers. Currently, you can wield right-handed ice sword while carrying a fire spear (maximize dmg +42), but you cannot wield a right dagger without a left dagger.

That's because while dual wielding daggers you only get the bonus if you have both equipped

15. Change so that killing your own animals for meat is not team killing.

Not a chance, then I could easily just tame a bear and kill it for meat. Also why would I want to add "kill your own animal" sorry I don't flow like that

Overall, I like the visual updates and the new recipes. They stand out from versions of 3 years ago. There are rooms for improvements. Hopefully, you will take my advice into account.

Thank you I will look into it yes, I take alot of advice from people most importantly communicating with wildy players like I always have is one my top priority's as they play more of the game than I do but it all comes down to me making the final decision or call. I look at and idea then I start with the well what if's its not an easy thing to do but I like fair play and well balanced with everything in the game being useful.

Level 2
take can i have your item icon and look in game ? cuz i wanna made tutorial for this game but to many pic i need to find . can you send to me ? [email protected] ? please

Level 1
i enjoyed the single player mode. could you please make the saving game works? i did save the game but when i reload it, it just stuck. thank you for the great game.

Level 1
Absolutely love the map! Played it for hours with some friends in co-op mode.
I did experience a rather frustrating bug. When you try to use the attack command on a fire or bondfire it insta kills you and I don't understand why.

Level 1
Great map, incredibly thought-out.

I'm having a problem though with the bonfire, the first time I make it (with the fire u have at the start) and it's fine. But when I try to make it second time around ( flint+stick+tinder and 4 logs+tinder) I get the item, the problem is when I build it , it gives me some heat and stops working after it finishes building.

Am I doing something wrong, or is it a bug?

Status
Not open for further replies.