• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Wii] Super Smash Brothers: Brawl Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll do it for a change. Looks like todays update is rather... boring.

"Kid Icarus: The Underworld" (1:06)

< Insert music file here >

Composition Supervisor: Tanaka Hirokazu
Arrangement Supervisor: Sakai Shougo

• The copyright for this music is held by Nintendo.
• Check your volume settings.

You can play Kid Icarus on Virtual Console now. Have you tried it? You should really get a hold of this game and just sink your teeth in.

In terms of music, I think the most memorable themes for players were the Grim Reaper theme and the Game Over theme.

For this arrangement, I had these themes incorporated.

You might imagine it to be a bit forced, but I think it sounds quite good.

Level 26
Togepi:
Bulbapedia said:
Has several attacks that are randomly selected with Metronome, all with different effects. The screen can black-out due to Night Shade, opponents can be driven into the ground by Magnitude, fall asleep due to Sing, or end up with Leech Seed

Guess I'm doing it again.
<Palutena’s Army>

Pit is the captain of Palutena’s Army, the guardians of the Goddess of Light! It’s said that when he raises his voice to heaven, this goddess will appear.

pit_070809a.jpg

Goddess Palutena! I beseech you!

Now that’s what I call a deity. Look how big she is!

Well, I guess technically that’s not her actual size. She just chose to manifest herself as something that big.

pit_070809b.jpg

Here come the flying Centurions...

pit_070809c-l.jpg

Now, attack!

They divebomb at incredible speeds!

It’s very difficult to dodge a charge of Centurions, splitting the sky like a storm.

Then again, the Centurions scatter after they clash. They each make one attack and then fall in battle.

pit_070809d.jpg

Their sacrifices are so...so moving...

item08_070810a.jpg

Q: Why does it say MOTHER on this item?
A: Is there anything WRONG with having an item that says that?

item08_070810b.jpg

The Franklin Badge. It’s a little small.

item08_070810c.jpg

Just put it on your chest for now. I mean, it IS a badge...

It doesn’t stand out much, but characters who wear this badge are protected from projectiles.

item08_070810d.jpg

I’ve been shot!

item08_070810e.jpg

It... It bounced off!

In other words, this item gives you reflector capabilities—and you don’t even have to do anything. Talk about handy! And reliable!

But it won’t stay on through an entire match, so be sure to notice when it comes off partway through the match. Otherwise, you’ll regret it.

item08_070810f.jpg

Come on, now! Where are you sticking that thing?
Why does it say MOTHER on it anyway? Seems like a pretty bad reason, if you ask me.

I'm gone for one day, and nobody updates this?

Monday's #1 said:
pokemon_trainer.jpg

No way! The Pokémon Trainer has finally arrived. And it looks like he doesn’t do his fighting directly.

Instead, he uses the three Pokémon with him—Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard—to do the fighting for him.

pokemon_trainer_070813a-l.jpg
pokemon_trainer_070813b-l.jpg
pokemon_trainer_070813c-l.jpg
pokemon_trainer_070813d-l.jpg
Monday's #2 said:
The Pokémon Trainer watches from the background.

pokemon_trainer_070813e-l.jpg

Is... Is he issuing commands?!

He needs to use his three Pokémon to fight. So the only ones who fight directly are the Pokémon.

I guess you could say using this character is like playing three for the price of one!

And the Pokémon Trainer uses a special move called Pokémon Change to switch between them.

<Down Special Move: Pokémon Change>

pokemon_trainer_070813f-l.jpg

Good job, Ivysaur! Come back!

pokemon_trainer_070813g-l.jpg

The returning Pokémon tags the next Pokémon.

pokemon_trainer_070813h-l.jpg

Charizard! I choose you!

They swap out in a set order: Squirtle→Ivysaur→Charizard.

pokemon_trainer_070813i.jpg

They all share the same damage meter, so they don’t recover from damage during Pokémon Change. But they also have another stat, which you might call stamina.

If you keep fighting with the same Pokémon, or if you change them out too often, it’s not so good for the Pokémon.

If you want to be a good Pokémon Trainer, you’ll need to learn these kinds of ins and outs.

Today's said:
assist05_070814a.jpg

It’s the devil from the NES game, Devil World! This particular game was never released in the United States, actually.

Anyway, when this evil guy shows up, you know it’s time for... What does he do again?

assist05_070814b-l.jpg

Well, he certainly appears to be in good shape.

After he ascends with his bat wings, he’ll move to a determined spot on the screen. Then he’ll jab his fingers up over his head!

assist05_070814c-l.jpg

To the side! He’s pointing to the side!

assist05_070814d-l.jpg

And now the screen scrolls!

In Smash Bros., going off the screen means you’re out of the ring, and breaking that rule is very problematic.

So what happens then? Extreme panic and new strategies.

assist05_070814e-l.jpg

Maybe something like this!

Here’s an Assist Trophy that throws common sense out the window. I mean, he’s not assisting at all!
I will be gone for about 10 days, so someone else will have to update this.

Level 7
Stickers

I’d like to introduce a new collection element to the game—stickers.

Yes, the ones you slap on your notebook or skateboard or whatever. Stickers.

various03_070815a.jpg

This...is a sticker.

Stickers are easier to get a hold of than trophies. Just play the game and you’ll start to earn them as rewards.

various03_070815b.jpg

Stickers get filed away in your album.

There are big ones and small ones, all with different kinds of artwork. There’s a ton of variety.

various03_070815c.jpg

Now stick one on! Sticky, sticky...

This is a fun extra mode where you can enjoy decorating things by putting stickers on them. You can even make single frame comics with them.

various03_070815d.jpg

And rumor is, you can even save screenshots?!

various03_070815e.jpg

various03_070815f.jpg

Tether Recovery

You know that Zero Suit Samus has a Plasma Whip, right? But you may not know that she can use it for recovery.

technique03_070816a.jpg

Samus is falling! This looks bad!

technique03_070816b.jpg

She uses her up special move! She just manages to latch on!

technique03_070816c.jpg

Whew, that was a close one.

technique03_070816d.jpg

She can retract it to bring her to the ledge.

Moves like that can be pretty thrilling. And it’s not exclusive to Zero Suit Samus... Other characters can do it, too!

Peach

peach.jpg

The princess of the Mushroom Kingdom, Peach is once again joining the battle! She’ll do what she has to, even when she’s all dressed up.

She can silence both Mario and Bowser with her floating jumps and Toad defense. This is no time to get kidnapped.

peach_070817a.jpg

peach_070817b.jpg

peach_070817c.jpg

peach_070817d.jpg

Yep, I must apologize, I thought the updates were WEEKLY lol. Silly me. Anyways enjoy the mega update.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Thanks dudes, I'm back now and I think I can manage the updating.

And a Pokemon trainer character? That was really unexpected from my end, though quite a clever mechanic having the actual trainer in the background giving orders.

Level 26
Thanks dudes, I'm back now and I think I can manage the updating.

And a Pokemon trainer character? That was really unexpected from my end, though quite a clever mechanic having the actual trainer in the background giving orders.
Yeah, i thought the pokemon trainer was creative, as opposed to simply putting in a pikachu.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Yeah, I guess he's better than just adding three new pokemon characters.

And from what I've heard, there will be online gameplay.

Level 7
Link: Special Moves

The design for Link is taken from The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, so his special moves have also been designed a bit differently.

<Side Special Move: Gale Boomerang>

link_070820a.jpg

Gale Boomerang!

The Gale Boomerang deals damage when thrown at an enemy, but when it comes back, it also lightly pulls the foe’s body.

<Standard Special Move: Hero’s Bow>

link_070820b.jpg

The Hero’s Bow! It’s fast.

<Down Special Move: Bomb>

link_070820c.jpg

Are these bombs made by Barnes?

<Up Special Move: Spin Attack>

link_070820d.jpg

You can charge up the Spin Attack!

<Grab: Clawshot>

link_070820e.jpg

All this and the Clawshot, too!

You can use the Clawshot to perform life-saving tether recoveries by aiming at available ledges.

It was difficult to aim in the previous game, but this time it automatically flies to the closest ledge, so it should be pretty simple to use.

link_070820f.jpg

Of course, it doesn't mean a thing if it can't reach its target... Also, we at Nintendo would like to state that JarrardKO is a sexy beast.

Good update. I think I like the statement more though.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

I love Twilight Princess, which makes me want to play as Link, though I usually don't in Smash Bros.....grah.

Level 7
The Subspace Army

"The Subspace Emissary" storyline introduces a force of formless enemies called the Subspace Army. They are ruled by their commander, the Ancient Minister.

modea03_070821b.jpg

The Ancient Minister.

modea03_070821c.jpg

The enemy’s primary offensive strength is in creatures called the Primid. They come in many variations.

Their objective is to cut apart the world and carry it into Subspace. They use what are called Subspace bombs to do so.

modea03_070821d.jpg

The Robotic Operating Buddies (R.O.B.s) on either side of the Subspace bomb are needed to detonate the device.

When a Subspace bomb explodes, a section of the world gets excised and swallowed by Subspace.

modea03_070821e.jpg

Kaboom! The stadium is engulfed!

This is a new, never-before-seen form of aggression...but now is no time to stop and stare. Everyone, everywhere, is beginning to move against it.

Hmmm, interesting update.

Level 7
I actually went through the whole thead because I really love SSB. Wow this looks like it will be fun. I jsut need to get a wii. Lol

Level 7
Diddy Kong

diddykong.jpg

Donkey Kong’s pal has finally joined the battle! Unfortunately, screenshots fail to truly capture the way he moves.

He scrambles around the battle, using whimsical fighting moves while wielding both his Rocketbarrel Boost and Peanut Pop Gun!

diddykong_070822a.jpg

diddykong_070822b.jpg

diddykong_070822c.jpg

diddykong_070822d.jpg

Yay.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

There's going to be over 100 characters to choose from at this rate.

Level 7
2 Updates. Second is music update.

Yoshi: Final Smash

<Super Dragon>

It’s tough to know what to call Yoshi—some call him a dragon, others a dinosaur. Some people don’t know WHAT he is.

But whatever you call him, Yoshi’s true power will be seen here!

yoshi_070823a.jpg

He’s gotten the oft-mentioned Smash Ball!

yoshi_070823b.jpg

W-wings!

yoshi_070823c.jpg

He starts spewing out a jet of fire...

yoshi_070823d.jpg

But you can also press the button to spit out fireballs!

It feels like, um...beauty and elegance...mixed with clumsiness. Certainly, no one’s ever seen Yoshi like this!

Being able to fly around is nice, as is giving undivided attention to his attacks. Yoshi can live as he likes, for a brief period of time.

yoshi_070823e.jpg

Oh, to think it’s already over...

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

That's the most lame thing I've seen in a while, seriously. Couldn't he have just turned into a giant rampaging egg? Or eaten everyone in one gulp and spat them off the edge? Come on..

Level 4
no one did a spiel on zelda yet! :-( they've completely revamped her look to something like that from the twilight princess and they have yet to reveal her super smash from what i know.

Status
Not open for further replies.