• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Wii] Super Smash Brothers: Brawl Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Maybe it's a different game mode, like adventure mode in melee.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

This stage is based on the look and feel of Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat, which was played using the DK Bongos.

The key here is to keep climbing up and up.

stage07_070723a-l.jpg

The tropical setting is quite nice.

The screen slowly scrolls upward, so if you don’t want to get left behind, you’d better get to climbing. Oh, and don’t forget to pummel your opponents on the way.

stage07_070723b-l.jpg

You’re climbing up, but the water keeps flowing
down, down, down.

The screen’s constantly changing, so it’s fun just to watch, too.

stage07_070723c-l.jpg

The top of the waterfall isn’t the top! Keep climbing!

Hey! What’s at the top? Huh?

Hmm...I wonder...
New level.

Level 8
Well that's the thing.. usually the moving courses SUCK. Due to the fact that you just cannot play to your full power. Instead of planning out and executing massive combos and difficult moves, you have to tediously interrupt them to JUMP.

Level 12
moving maps like this one evens out the skill of the players, making the pros almost equal to the normal players in most cases, since the pro player is used to not moving maps, since there are so few(there were 5 in Melee out of 30 or something i think)

Level 2
hard to tame those moving stages. they were always so random, except for pokemon floats from SSBM. that you just had to study real hard. but i hope this will bring new experience to the REVOLUTION! (not wii)

Level 27
moving maps like this one evens out the skill of the players, making the pros almost equal to the normal players in most cases, since the pro player is used to not moving maps, since there are so few(there were 5 in Melee out of 30 or something i think)
I disagree, the pro players should be able to handle it better if they truly are experienced. It will be the normal player who sucks at it if they haven't played the game enough, because even though the experienced player wont have played it much, the average player will have played it less.
--donut3.5--

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Yoshi’s back and bursting with personality! He can launch consecutive attacks and even smack around enemies below him mid-flight.

Among other things, he can now use his up special move, the Egg Toss, to increase the distance of his jump. That’s enough to earn him a hearty welcome, isn’t it?

yoshi_070724a-l.jpg

yoshi_070724b-l.jpg

yoshi_070724c-l.jpg

yoshi_070724d-l.jpg
Yoshi confirmed.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Behold the Kid Icarus stage! You can go ahead and call it Pit’s home turf if you like.

stage08_070725a-l.jpg

From a distance you can see the temple and its surroundings.

The floor’s crumbling construction makes it easy to shatter...

stage08_070725b-l.jpg

It feels great to break it!

Not having a floor does increase the danger factor, though. Why? Because it’s a long way down, that’s why!

stage08_070725c-l.jpg

Look out below!

Mastering this element is one key to gaining the upper hand. The floor quickly regenerates, so it’s important to keep your eyes on it.

What the heck is a Footstool Jump?!

Well, it’s a cool technique. Basically, you step on your opponent and jump off!

That’s it!

technique03_070726a-l.jpg

Jump! Now press the jump button with perfect timing...

technique03_070726b-l.jpg

Boing!

technique03_070726c-l.jpg

And then you jummmmmmmmp!

Using your enemy’s spine like a spring to launch you into the air
is pretty fun.

What? You say it doesn’t have much strategic value?

No, no, no. That’s hardly the case.

technique03_070726d-l.jpg

You can use it to perform Meteor Smashes! Incredible!
Two.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

When talking about the guaranteed hard hitter of Kirby’s world, you’ve got to say something about his fists!

assist04_070727b-l.jpg

Knuckle Joe appears!

assist04_070727c-l.jpg

Vulcan Jab!

A storm of Vulcan Jabs rain down, and then Knuckle Joe can finish his foes off with one of the following two special moves!

assist04_070727d-l.jpg

Smash Punch!

assist04_070727e-l.jpg

Rising Break!

He’s... He’s strong. He’s been doing some extreme training, I think.
New assist trophy thing.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

<Konga Beat>

As you might expect from Donkey Kong, his Final Smash is something...upbeat. That’s right, he’s breaking out the DK Bongos!

donkeykong_070730a-l.jpg

Taa-daah!

And...DUM DOO DUM DUMMM!

It’s cool to just pound on them, but why not listen to the music that’s playing? Press buttons in time to the beat to really get things hopping.

donkeykong_070730b-l.jpg

1, 2, 3...dum, doo, dum dum!

donkeykong_070730c-l.jpg

Now clap! Clappity clap clap!

Feel the rhythm and increase the power! T-t-take it easy, will ya!

donkeykong_070730d-l.jpg

And finish!

DK’s invulnerable while in the middle of this move, so take it easy and enjoy the moment.

Oh, and jamming during screen scrolls and such is something you might want to...think about.
....o.o

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

I was so hoping they would add that.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

ike_070801e.jpg

ike.jpg

Ike

From Fire Emblem, Ike appears! The fact that he can wield a two-handed sword with a single hand is a testament to his magnificent strength.

He brings his special move "Aether" with him as he crashes the Brawl party. Try for a single-stroke finishing blow with his mighty blade!
ike_070801a-l.jpg

ike_070801b-l.jpg

ike_070801c-l.jpg

ike_070801d-l.jpg

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

A character from fire emblem, like Marth and Roy.

Level 4
To be exact, FE 9 and FE 10.

In other words, Fire Emblem:path of Radiance and Fire Emblem:Goddess of Dawn(yet to be released in America.)

If you have a Wii and/or GC and a GC memory card, I suggest picking up FE:pOR if you like turn based strategical combat games.

I am Magoo 111, your friendly neighborhood FE buff....at least as far as I can see. :infl_thumbs_up:

Level 2
Ike! What Nintendo says, they do. Fire Emblem is always a classic.
They had no choice but to put him there. 'Wonder if they would still put Mr. Game and Watch as a playable character...

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

More Fire Emblem.

This stage represents the Fire Emblem world.

It’s an enemy castle in the midst of battle—but it’s not set in a particular castle, nor is it from a particular game in the series.

stage09_070802a-l.jpg

It’s taking heavy fire, huh?

There are plenty of scenes like this throughout the Fire Emblem series, aren’t there? So imagine it however you choose.

stage09_070802b-l.jpg

Fireballs launched by catapults dance in the skies above the castle. Then, as time passes...

stage09_070802c-l.jpg

The floor shatters and everyone falls into the castle!
See the stone statues in the throne room? You can break them to bits.

stage09_070802d-l.jpg

Down it goes!

Oh, but it doesn’t end here.

stage09_070802e-l.jpg

Quick! To the underground!

What’s the underground like? You can look forward to finding out later.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

modea02_070803logo.jpg

Super Smash Bros. Brawl: The Subspace Emissary is a robust side-scrolling action game!

- This is the Subspace Emissary! -

modea02_070803a-l.jpg

modea02_070803b-l.jpg

modea02_070803c-l.jpg

modea02_070803d-l.jpg

modea02_070803e-l.jpg

modea02_070803f-l.jpg

modea02_070803g-l.jpg

More than anything, Smash Bros. is a competitive action game. People have been kind enough to praise its multiplayer, but we’ve never been able to create a fully fleshed out single-player game.

This time, though, we’ve managed to create a complete side-scrolling action game. It’s storyline isn’t overwrought—it’s hastened along by a bunch of quick movies.

modea02_070803h-l.jpg

modea02_070803i-l.jpg

modea02_070803j-l.jpg

modea02_070803k-l.jpg

modea02_070803l-l.jpg

modea02_070803m-l.jpg

The Adventure mode also emphasizes character development. You’ll see many famous characters persevering under the weight of their personal histories, shouldering their unique burdens... It’s really something you won’t see anywhere else.

Video:
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/movi...This=true&TB_iframe=true&height=290&width=420

With so many wonderful characters appearing together, it’s like a dream action game. We’re putting tons of fighting spirit into making this game, so I hope you’re all looking forward to it.

Oh, and this is all included in the same Game Disc, so rest easy.

That explains the crypic update from before. Looks fun to me.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

I will be gone for two weeks, by the way. So maybe you guys could take turns updating the thread so that people here can still see whats up with the game.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

I think the sheep is from Donkey Kong Jungle Beat. It's awesome whatever it is.

Level 6
Smoke Ball
item07_070806a.jpg

This is an item that has absolutely no effect on characters...but it’s pretty fun.

item07_070806b-l.jpg

When you hit something with one of these...
item07_070806c-l.jpg

PSHHHHH! It releases a cloud of coloured smoke!

As the cloud forms, it blocks your vision with an effective smokescreen.
If your opponent gets caught in the thick cloud of smoke it’s a distraction, and if you’re covered in smoke it’s harder for your opponent to see which moves you’re doing.

item07_070806d.jpg

Hmm... So colourful!

You can even pick up Smoke Balls that are emitting smoke, and carry them or throw them. Talk about smoke and mirrors!
item07_070806e.jpg

Cough! Cough!

New item

Level 6
guess im doing this again :

Ike: Special Moves
Characters

Ike’s up special move, obviously, is "Aether". And it is ethereal. Oh, yes.

Up Special Move: Aether

ike_070807a.jpg

First he throws the sword!

ike_070807b.jpg

Then he leaps after it and catches it in mid-air!

ike_070807c.jpg

Then he swiftly plunges, slicing the air!

Of special importance is the fact that he is resistant to attacks for a moment right after throwing his sword.

ike_070807d.jpg

He’s not flinching?!

He’s not really invincible – he still takes damage. But he won’t flinch in the slightest.

This time, there are several moves like this among the heavy characters, so watch out!

Oh, he also has this special move...

Standard Special Move: Eruption

ike_070807e.jpg

His standard special move is called Eruption!
You can even charge this one up.

Status
Not open for further replies.