• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Wii] Super Smash Brothers: Brawl Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
4q7qqlw.jpg

Just like Link, Zelda’s design has also changed.
She has a slightly more subdued color scheme.

Her movement capabilities are not that good, but her magic adds power to her physical attacks. There’s a reason why her hands and feet glow, after all.

4m1x4yc.jpg
4lsh8x0.jpg
4p1vfuo.jpg
4poxu13.jpg

Zelda's back in the game! Haha! Beat you to it Chriz.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Oh wow, she looks great this time around. Much better in my opinion.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Don't forget her Shiek transformation, that all counts as one character.

Level 8
I was pretty much an arial god with the side-a, but sheik lacked the power that wanted, I ended up mastering Falco for some reason. I just got good with him and ended up beating people who owned with "better" characters like Fox.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Banana Peel

Yes, banana peels... You don’t, um…think they’re too much of a cliché, do you?

I mean, when a banana peel gets dropped, everybody pretty much knows what’s going to happen next.

item04_070627b-l.jpg

Oh... She threw it.

item04_070627c-l.jpg

You’re gonna slip! Trust me, you’re GONNA slip!

item04_070627d-l.jpg

See?! You slipped!

I wonder if this joke is understood around the world. Ah, well.

item04_070627e-l.jpg

Slipping and falling on your backside... Ouch!

You can enter individual names for each player. Start by just entering a name.

various02_070628a-l.jpg

This time, enter it like you would on your cell phone!
You can also use random names.

Once it’s entered, choose your name for your character on the character-selection screen before you begin fighting.

various02_070628b-l.jpg

The character-selection screen is still a secret!

This time, names are extremely important. That’s because we’ve included personalized button configurations.

We’ve made this game compatible with four different controllers:

various02_070628c.gif

You can change button configurations for each one for each registered name, and alter those configurations any way you like.

Assigning personal button configurations each time you fight would be a bit of a pain...but if you just choose your name from the list, BAM! You get to play with your preferred configuration! There’s no waiting!

We’re also considering allowing you to save your name to the memory in your Wii Remote so you can bring your settings with you to your friend’s house...

But if we can’t make that happen, I apologize.

Latest updates.

Level 8
You can change button configurations for each one for each registered name, and alter those configurations any way you like.

Assigning personal button configurations each time you fight would be a bit of a pain...but if you just choose your name from the list, BAM! You get to play with your preferred configuration! There’s no waiting!

We’re also considering allowing you to save your name to the memory in your Wii Remote so you can bring your settings with you to your friend’s house...

I think I will have to streamline the controls so they allow me to speed up some combos....

ARE THERE MACROS????

WAVEDASH MACRO WOULD BE.... Not Even cool.

Anway guys I took an internship at Nintendo of American in Redmond, and I got to play against the guys who Play-tested SuperSmashMelee.

I took the upside of 400% and was spiked in less than 2 seconds.

No exaggeration. We timed it.

*Ow*

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

<Side Special Move: Wario Chopper>

Wario’s side special move is the Wario Chopper. He jumps on and starts racing!

wario_070629a-l.jpg

Vroom! Vroom!

Tilt the Control Stick in the opposite direction of your movement to pull a 180. Use an attack button to jump off.

wario_070629b-l.jpg

Axle turn!
Only one motorcycle will appear on screen, so if you fall off, run back up to it and climb on again.

wario_070629c-l.jpg

Where’s my hog?!

<Down Special Move: Wario Waft>

Oh, and Wario’s down special move is the Wario Waft. That is to say, he passes gas.

This particular special move builds up power the longer you go without using it.

wario_070629d-l.jpg

If you haven’t held it in, it’ll be a cute little poot.

wario_070629e-l.jpg

But when you hold it in as much as you can...?!

In this case, patience really is a virtue.

I knew this guy would be fun.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Assist Trophies

What’s an Assist Trophy?!

Well, these are characters who appear to aid the fighter that called them forth. Basically, they’re guest characters separate from Smash’s playable roster!

Super Smash Bros. Brawl is sort of like a festival that all sorts of characters show up for. Bear in mind, though, that you can’t control any of the characters appearing on these pages. Let there be no mistake about that.

In any case, you won’t know who is in an Assist Trophy until you use it.

assist01_070702b-l.jpg

Take the capsule and hold it high!

assist01_070702c-l.jpg

A Hammer Bro appears!

assist01_070702d-l.jpg

As you can see, he throws his famed hammers!

Actually, the Nintendog you saw in the E3 movie is also an Assist Trophy.

assist01_070702e-l.jpg

Aw.... Isn’t he cute!

You’re probably thinking that a Nintendog is a pretty poor assistant, since it blocks your view, too.

That’s fine. He’ll help calm your mental state.

Assist Trophies allow you to enjoy even more characters who couldn’t quite make it as playable fighters. You may even see some that only the most dedicated fans will recognize, so you’ll have to look forward to them.

Here’s Samurai Goro, Captain Falcon’s rival. He’s an F-Zero Pilot. He wears the number five.

assist02_070702b-l.jpg

At last, Samurai Goro stands on the battlegrounds of Smash.

assist02_070702c-l.jpg

He just cuts, cuts, cuts away with the blade at his hip.

A reckless slasher of his enemies, Samurai Goro is not a man you want on your bad side.

By the way, the majority of Assist Trophies are invincible. Trying to fight back is useless, so just run away.

New feature, seems like pokeballs without the stupid little animals.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Screw Bungie. Get out of my thread.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

bowser.jpg

Bowser

The biggest and the heaviest of fighters, Bowser has a slightly different flavor this time around!

To be honest, there are a LOT of characters that offer a slightly different flavor this time around. If you think they’re all going to be the same as they have been, it’ll be rough for you.
bowser_070703a-l.jpg

bowser_070703b-l.jpg

bowser_070703c-l.jpg

bowser_070703d-l.jpg

Ahhh yeeeh.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

<Giga Bowser Transformation>

What?! You can control Giga Bowser from Super Smash Bros. Melee?!

It’s Bowser’s Final Smash!!

bowser_070704a-l.jpg

Bowser grabs a Smash Ball! TRANSFORM!

bowser_070704b-l.jpg

Whoaaa! Talk about a change!

bowser_070704c-l.jpg

He’s huge! And tough!

What, you think just because he’s huge, you can needle him with lots of little attacks and keep him off balance? Heh heh... Yeah, you keep thinking that.

bowser_070704d-l.jpg

He must be invincible!

You can only be Giga Bowser for a short time, though, so you’d better take your enemies out while you can. Bear in mind, too, that while escaping from Giga Bowser, fighters might decide it’s a good strategy to pick off the stragglers in his wake...
Oh. My. God.

Level 36
Sweeeeeeeet. The bowser transformed reminds me of when he was a boss in that good old game called Super Mario 64. Good stuff. I need to buy a Wii. Really badly. I've been putting it off and putting it off, so now I have to buy one.

At first I was all like ".........."

Nintendo said:
You’re probably thinking that a Nintendog is a pretty poor assistant, since it blocks your view, too.

That’s fine. He’ll help calm your mental state.

But then I lol'd.

PS I have relatives working for Bungie, so please kindly stfu and stop trashing the company that they are employed by :p

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

I doubt those stack. But if they do...

Doomed, doomed I tell you..

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

This area appeared in the Wii game The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. If you’ve played that title, you ought to remember this place.

stage05_070706a-l.jpg

The terrain is flat. I mean, really flat.

And the enemy leader, King Bulblin, makes cameo appearances. Occasionally, he uses bombs to blast holes in the stage.

stage05_070706b-l.jpg

Run! It’s King Bulblin and Lord Bullbo!

stage05_070706c-l.jpg

Uh-oh! There’s a hole...

But don’t worry. The missing chunk will be magically transported via portal to fill in the gap.

stage05_070706d-l.jpg

Whoa! Just like the original game!

This is so cool, I just started playing Twilight Princess a few weeks ago, and this really looks great.

There’s a variety of attacks in Smash Bros., and they all involve some combination of strength and direction. Let me start here by talking about strength.

Standard Attack

basic04_070705a-l.jpg

If you just press the attack button, you’ll perform a standard attack. These are generally speedy.

Strong Attack

basic04_070705b-l.jpg

When you tilt the stick in a direction, you’ll do a stronger attack in that direction. These attacks usually have longer reach.

Smash Attack

basic04_070705c-l.jpg

Now, if you simultaneously tilt the stick and press the button, you’ll do a smash attack. These are powerful!

Since the name for smash attack is derived from the game’s name, you can assume they’re pretty important.

Swiftly tilt the Control Stick left, right, up, or down, and simultaneously attack! When you link the feeling of this control with the result of sending an opponent flying, I think you’ll start to see the crux of this game.

At first, don’t overthink things. It’s OK to just tilt the stick and mash some buttons. Ease yourself into it.

basic04_070705d-l.jpg

By pressing and holding the attack button during a smash attack, you can build up power. Power up and unleash it when the time is right!

Level 8
Swiftly tilt the Control Stick left, right, up, or down, and simultaneously attack! When you link the feeling of this control with the result of sending an opponent flying, I think you’ll start to see the crux of this game.

Wait so there are folow-up attacks to smashes, like combos.... sort of like Link's double smash in Melee?

But that TwilightP course looks EXELLENT

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Up until now, standard combos, or button-press combos, were done primarily by tapping the attack button repeatedly.

That won’t change in Brawl, but now you can also just hold down the attack button to automatically do consecutive standard attacks.

It will vary a bit by character, of course, but in the case of Fox...

technique02_070709a-l.jpg

Press and hold the attack button to do consecutive jabs.

technique02_070709b-l.jpg

Press the button repeatedly, or just start hitting your enemy to initiate the combo.

technique02_070709c-l.jpg

You’ll transition smoothly into his Rapid Kick!

The game will be compatible with a variety of controllers, so I’ve gone a tad easier on the button pressing.

Of course, each character will have variations. While some may do repeated rapid jabs, others may simply do three slow swipes with a blade.

Meta Knight is somewhat unique. His standard attack is an unbelievably rapid sequence of slices. Just press and hold the button to unleash a rampage.

technique02_070709d-l.jpg

Hee ya ya ya ya ya ya ya ya ya ya ya ya ya ya!

This guy needs to calm down.

Still waiting for Meta Knight's proper introduction..

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

...I know. It only showed up while I was sleeping last night.

What? You mean THAT Dr. Wright? The one from the SNES version of SimCity? Well, I guess Super Smash Bros. Brawl is the kind of game where anyone can show up and anything can happen!

assist03_070710b-l.jpg

"Hold on a second! What are you guys doing here?!"

assist03_070710c-l.jpg

"Starting today, you’re the mayor!"

assist03_070710d-l.jpg

Suddenly, skyscrapers pop up out of nowhere!

Fighters are completely blown away by the skyscrapers that just shot up underneath them.

Awesome. Now THAT’S what I call city-building.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Visit the site for a video.

www.smashbros.com

Yes, release date for North America is apparently December Third. I wonder what Europe will be.

It’s Donkey Kong, ruler of the jungle. The original giant powerhouse makes a triumphant return!

Looks like his giant punch is still the haymaker you remember. Don’t doubt his strength or you’ll end up with the ultimate headache!

donkeykong_070712a-l.jpg

donkeykong_070712b-l.jpg

donkeykong_070712c-l.jpg

donkeykong_070712d-l.jpg

What?! Is this... Could it be?!

It’s the Bumper from the Nintendo 64 version of Super Smash Bros.!
Back again after a whole nine years... Well, I’ll be.

item05_070711b-l.jpg

Ahh... That really takes me back.

This is the kind of bumper you might see bouncing a pinball around. So if a character touches it, he or she will get knocked around as well!

item05_070711c-l.jpg

Watch out for those bumpers once they’re set!

Now you can set them in midair as well. This might lend itself to a few new and interesting strategies.

item05_070711d-l.jpg

Of course, just keeping people from making it back to the stage should be the most obvious use.

And don’t just set it randomly and wait for an opponent to walk into it—try to use it wisely in combination with your own attacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.