• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Wii] Super Smash Brothers: Brawl Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

metaknight.jpg

Meta Knight

It's Meta Knight, whose introduction was delayed for some reason. He's Kirby's...rival?

Despite being almost all head, his mask and cape exude coolness. He overwhelms enemies with his mach-speed sword!

metaknight_070905a-l.jpg

metaknight_070905b-l.jpg

metaknight_070905c-l.jpg

metaknight_070905d-l.jpg

Yeah.

Level 25
Forget Waluigi. I want Dedede and Ridley. Waluigi is a lanky Luigi clone. Dedede is a flying penguin with a massive hammer, and Ridley is a space dragon with an epic theme song

But really, that's just making it Super Smash Bros. Melee 2. The graphics aren't much better, it's adding a bunch of new characters, and some new modes.

No, they're making it Super Smash Bros. 3, but they, unlike you, are immagenitive when it comes to names and aren't just going to throw numbers on the ends of things

And yes, the graphics are much better. Even the Kirby model is updated

Also, the motion sensing would probably be problematic. It's better this way

Oh, and I hope that when Gannondorf comes back (Cause, come on, it's not like he won't be in) he gets a new moveset rather than just copying Falcon's. I want him to use that sword he swings in his victory stance

Level 26
Because "Brawl" rolls off the tongue like salt, and it takes overwhelming imagination to thing up a name like that.

http://thesaurus.reference.com/browse/melee
You really like to unnecessarily accuse things of being obvious, don't you? We know brawl and melee are synonymous with fight and such. They just sound nicer and more original than "three". Yes, it is more imaginative. It's not overwhelming, but neither is your argument.

Level 9
You really like to unnecessarily accuse things of being obvious, don't you? We know brawl and melee are synonymous with fight and such. They just sound nicer and more original than "three". Yes, it is more imaginative. It's not overwhelming, but neither is your argument.

Indeed, I'm just pointing out the names aren't imaginative, and the game resembled Melee much more than Melee resembled the original. Also, he was quoting me on something I said days ago. I looked at some of the videos, and the graphics flow really well, and look much better than the screenies.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

<Down Special Move: F.L.U.D.D.>

It appears Mario has a new special move! It’s F.L.U.D.D.

mario_070906a-l.jpg

He really is carrying F.L.U.D.D. on his back!

mario_070906b-l.jpg

Tilt the Control Stick down and press the B Button to charge up...

mario_070906c-l.jpg

Hose ‘em down! Blast those enemies away.

It does absolutely no damage—it’s just for sending opponents great distances. You can even charge it up while shielding. It’s best used in critical moments.

Huh? What happened to the down special move he’s had up until now—the Mario Tornado?

mario_070906d-l.jpg

He still seems to have this move, though.
Eh? Is it a normal attack?!

The previous game, Super Smash Bros. Melee, featured Pokémon Stadium, but it’s been upgraded for this game into Pokémon Stadium 2.

This time around, you’ll see guest Pokémon appearing in the background.

stage11_070906a-l.jpg

Ordinarily, it’s a fairly orthodox stage when nothing special is happening.

But as time passes, the terrain transforms into four different types:
"Electric," "Ground," "Flying," and "Ice."

stage11_070906b-l.jpg

When it transforms into Ice, things get extremely slippery!

stage11_070906c-l.jpg

A mountain of earth appears in the middle of the screen for the Ground stage!

stage11_070906d-l.jpg

On the Flying stage, everyone’s jump abilities get boosted!

For these four transformations, we’ve chosen types that were not present in Melee.

Terrain that changes suddenly makes fights excitingly unpredictable.

Level 36
Fludd seemed so out of place for me... I never was a fan of Sunshine, as I thought it was a disappointment compared to the immeasurable Super Mario 64. Although, the ability does seem pretty neat, and it just adds more strategy, and ultimately, fun, to the game, so I don't mind.

The Flying Pokemon Stage looks really awesome though.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Music updates and this:

With the "My Music" feature, you can enjoy the music of our many musicians any way you like. Choose freely from our diverse selection of famous songs!

music08_070907a-l.jpg

This is "My Music" in action!

The battle stages of Super Smash Bros. Brawl feature a diverse line-up of game worlds. For example, there are stages based on the Mario universe.

Basically, there is only one song that plays on each stage. But even among the myriad songs of the Mario universe, people probably have different favorites.

Plus, while there may be people who stepped into the Mario universe in the original Nintendo Entertainment System days, surely there are some who first experienced Mario on the Nintendo DS.
With that in mind, I think it’s a bit of a waste to limit that whole universe to just one song.

So we’ve prepared many songs and will let you choose the likelihood that any given song will be played.

music08_070907b-l.jpg

This is "My Music" for Delfino Plaza.

For songs you’re particularly fond of, you can increase the likelihood those songs will appear. Then, when you brawl on that stage, the chance of your preferred songs being played increases.
Of course, if you want to, you can limit a stage to only one song, or make every song in the game equally likely to appear.

I’ve asked our reputable list of musicians to provide many songs for this particular game. But that’s certainly not because I just wanted to cover all these songs.

I’ve asked them to choose the songs that match their personalities and tastes!
Here you will find the best of the best—something you can very rarely get a chance to savor.
If your motivation behind your song selections is simply because you like them, then that’s just fine. Choose your settings as you like.

Just so you know, there may be songs from other games that are left as is, without any new arrangement.

Oh, and by the way, there’s an item in the game called a CD.

music08_070907c-l.jpg

This is a CD.

Regardless of which mode you’re playing, if you see one of these, be absolutely sure to grab it. If you want to know why, it’s because CDs are the way you add to your music selection.

Level 9
Mario's clothing is looking less cartoony. Why not complain about that?

He has cartoony proportions, even if his overalls are skinned like denim.

Chriz., two questions. One, where do you get all this info from? I read the first page, but it offered no insights...are you some sort of admin on ign.com, or are you linking this from somewhere else?

Also, do you know what game the Zelda theme "The Hidden Mountain and Forests" is from? Because if it's the Dark World Death Mountain/Forest from Link to the Past, that would be insane gnarly...

Level 26
If by "pixil" and "pixle", you mean "pixel", i will reply like so:

The game has multiple backgrounds from multiple stages from multiple games utilizing multiple types of graphics. The pixels isn't exactly much of a black sheep.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Chriz., two questions. One, where do you get all this info from? I read the first page, but it offered no insights...are you some sort of admin on ign.com, or are you linking this from somewhere else?
www.smashbros.com

Also, do you know what game the Zelda theme "The Hidden Mountain and Forests" is from? Because if it's the Dark World Death Mountain/Forest from Link to the Past, that would be insane gnarly...

I have no clue whatsoever, I assume it's from Twilight Princess.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

I personally had nothing against Twilight Princess's music.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Well I must admit, there weren't any memorable melodies, like in Majora's mask and Ocarina.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Oh yeah, I preferred it in TP, the little xylophone music for small things, but the normal treasure music for the big items, made more sense to me and was less annoying.

Level 4
i really enjoyed the music for twilight princess, i'm a twilight person myself you get tired of the same fluffy stuff all the time, lets focus on reality here, you're actually facing danger. On a side note i must say i liked the music for the windwaker, it was really nice, it wasnt fluffy, somewhat piratey but kinda cool... well theres my random, off topic thuoght.

Level 4
I love the deathly music when Midna is close to dying. That was my favorite tune out of all the others. The medley for SSBM on Super Smash Bros. Dojo is awesome too. Saria's Song + The Ranch Song + The Plains Song is good enough for me.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

mball04_070910a.jpg

Munchlax

Munchlax is the pre-evolved form of Snorlax.

mball04_070910b-l.jpg

It slowly walks around

It’s extremely carefree, but it’s said to be the glutton of the Pokémon...

mball04_070910c-l.jpg

An item appeared!

mball04_070910d-l.jpg

Don’t eat that!

I guess Munchlax is a bit of an item hog. Any item it gets, it eats! It’s kind of hard to tell it to stop, though.
Screw you, munchlax.

Status
Not open for further replies.