• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Wii] Super Smash Brothers: Brawl Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 26
They can not add chocobos to it, if they did then the game would be ruined since then they would have to add other SquareSoft copy righted material in to it and I dought it would be very fair on soft core heroes like mario to fight things like Clouds and Sepheroth. Be lucky for what they are doing, since as soon as other company copy righted material is in then major troubles can start.
You mean like Konami?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
It will not look any better, and remember that it will be low res as well (no HD) since the wii can not support full 2000*2000 odd resolution like the new 360s and PS3 can. Also you can expect the FPS to drop to 15 odd when in heavy full hosue combat like they did in melee on the game cube.

Chocobos are part of the FF series and nentendo does not own that so they are more valid in a PS3 game (infact they are in FF13) than they are in super smash bros. The makers of Final Fantasy prefer sony so it is an impossibility.

Level 12
It will not look any better, and remember that it will be low res as well (no HD) since the wii can not support full 2000*2000 odd resolution like the new 360s and PS3 can. Also you can expect the FPS to drop to 15 odd when in heavy full hosue combat like they did in melee on the game cube.

Chocobos are part of the FF series and nentendo does not own that so they are more valid in a PS3 game (infact they are in FF13) than they are in super smash bros. The makers of Final Fantasy prefer sony so it is an impossibility.
actually, Nintendo doesnt own the Metal Gear series either, and still Snake is in.

The fact is, that the Character must have appeared on a Nintendo Console atleast once(and I havent played the Final Fantasy Games on Nintendo Consoles, so Im not sure the Chocobos are even in), but, if your meaning the Chocobo as an Item or anything else, i would also say its quite impossible, since we havent seen any 3rd Party Items etc.

mball05_070920a.jpg

This is one of the Pokémon you get from Professor Rowan in Pokémon Diamond and Pearl. It’s quite charming, so I’m sure there were quite a few people who chose it.

mball05_070920b-l.jpg

It emerges from the Poké Ball!

mball05_070920c-l.jpg

Suddenly, it starts sliding around using Surf!

The simpler the stage, the greater the effect of this may be. If you’re wondering why, it’s because anyone who gets caught up in that surf will get washed way with Piplup.

mball05_070920d-l.jpg

They’re getting washed away!

If you get washed away, do what you can to get back. Even simple characters like this really stir things up on stages.

Omfg that's the one I chose on pearl lol

Level 27
actually, Nintendo doesnt own the Metal Gear series either, and still Snake is in.

The fact is, that the Character must have appeared on a Nintendo Console atleast once(and I havent played the Final Fantasy Games on Nintendo Consoles, so Im not sure the Chocobos are even in), but, if your meaning the Chocobo as an Item or anything else, i would also say its quite impossible, since we havent seen any 3rd Party Items etc.
The owner of MGS's Snake (I forgot who they are now) lend out the Snake character a lot. He's made appearances in a bunch of other games. Most of them crappy :p
--donut3.5--

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
If Chocobos appear in it, then square soft would send their best fighters as well. And I dought mario or pokemon can stand up to omni slash and sepheroth or worse, a fully charged overdrive from FF10(999999*5-9). Also the makers of FF hate nentendo, thats why for their last 6 major releases they made for sony since sony did not fuck their names up.

Nentendo really should dump the pokemon from the fighting game, I mean how can a nosie squeak box oppose the might gannondorf and knock him off the stage. Makes no sense well expect MewTwo since he was meant to be the ultimate pokemon.

Level 26
The owner of MGS's Snake (I forgot who they are now) lend out the Snake character a lot. He's made appearances in a bunch of other games. Most of them crappy :p
--donut3.5--
konami.gif

If Chocobos appear in it, then square soft would send their best fighters as well. And I dought mario or pokemon can stand up to omni slash and sepheroth or worse, a fully charged overdrive from FF10(999999*5-9). Also the makers of FF hate nentendo, thats why for their last 6 major releases they made for sony since sony did not fuck their names up.
Balancing shouldn't be an issue. They have no problem combining different universes. But yeah, Square no like Nintendo.
Nentendo really should dump the pokemon from the fighting game, I mean how can a nosie squeak box oppose the might gannondorf and knock him off the stage. Makes no sense well expect MewTwo since he was meant to be the ultimate pokemon.
comicbulbasaur3.png

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

snake.jpg

Snake

The legendary mercenary makes his miraculous Smash debut! This law-breaking news roared around the world.

He comes fully loaded with cool and showy weapons that only he could possess. Couple them with these different worlds, and it will clear a path to new horizons.

snake_070921a-l.jpg

snake_070921b-l.jpg

snake_070921c-l.jpg

snake_070921d-l.jpg

And

It’s not just Snake’s special moves that use ordnance—so do his Smash attacks. Can that be?

snake_070921e-l.jpg

He’s shooting something up in the air!

snake_070921f-l.jpg

He’s planting something!

<Side Special Move: Remote Missile>

This is called a Nikita. It’s a remote-controlled missile.

snake_070921g-l.jpg

Missile fired!

You can control the missile yourself! But since Snake is so focused on controlling the missile, he’s completely defenseless while he does so.

snake_070921h-l.jpg

If things get dangerous, press the shield button to stop controlling the missile.

<Standard Special Move: Hand Grenade>

snake_070921i-l.jpg

Try walking around with the pin out.

Press your special-move button to pull out the pin. The grenade will explode after a few seconds, so be aware of the time and press the special-move button again to toss the grenade.

snake_070921j1-l.jpg

Strong throw!

snake_070921j2-l.jpg

Mid throw!

snake_070921j3-l.jpg

Soft throw!

There are three ways to throw the grenade.
Tilt the Control Stick forward, not at all, or backward.

In some cases, grenades you drop may get returned to sender.

And his recovery special move is...

<Up Special Move: Cypher>

snake_070921k-l.jpg

Oh! Watch out! In times like this...

snake_070921l-l.jpg

Shoosh-shoosh-shoosh-shoosh-shoosh!

Use his flying reconnaissance camera, the Cypher, to recover. Snake can’t fly, but he’ll do what he must.

He’ll use anything in the battlefield. That’s the crux of survival.
Pretty different character than usual, I'd say.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Actually, all new major final fantasy releases have been on playstation based systems.

Final fantasy 6 was the last one on nentendo but also was on PS1.
Final fantasy 7 was PS1/PC
Final fantasy 8 was PS1/PC
Final fantasy 9 was PS1
Final fantasy 10 was PS2
Final fantasy 11 was PS2/PC/360
Final fantasy 12 was PS2
Final fantasy 13 is going to be PS3

There was 1 Final Fantasy made for gamecube, but that was not part of the main release chain. All the ones for GBA also were eithor not part of the major chain or they were ports from nentendo consols. The DS one was a remake but still all major ones have appeared for PS1/2/3.

I think adding snake was a bad idea but meh, since making a new pokemon with simlar engine was also a bad idea and that did not bother nentendo.

Somebody forgot monday's.

What are trophies? These are solid objects that appear as prizes and offer explanations of characters!

You can check out the poses and learn the background of a variety of characters.

various05_070924a-l.jpg

Characters in solid form, complete with explanations!

various05_070924b-l.jpg

You can view them from a variety of angles. Whirrrrrreeee...

You’re going to get a lot of these, so we’ve added images of them to the list to make them easier to identify.

various05_070924c-l.jpg

You can arrange them by series.

various05_070924d-l.jpg

And you can line them all up. This can’t be outdoors, can it?

Take a look at these, for example, if you want to learn more about a character you saw in the background in Smash. Or when your interest in a particular character’s back story has been piqued and you want to learn more about them.

Having trophies that explain your characters is quite useful.

And, in a bonus mode, you can even create something like this.

various05_070924e-l.jpg

Choose several trophies and place them however you like!

various05_070924f-l.jpg

You can even change the background. It’s all up to you.

Since we’ve gone to the trouble of gathering all these universes together, I hope you’ll enjoy gaining a deeper understanding of these characters. It’s with that intent that we’re all working so hard.
Diddy Kong - Final Smash

<Rocketbarrel Barrage>

The weapons Diddy Kong wields are his Peanut Popgun and his Rocketbarrel Boost.

His Final Smash makes superb use of both of these weapons!

diddykong_070925a-l.jpg

He has popguns in both hands! And his rocketbarrels are firing!

diddykong_070925b-l.jpg

He flies majestically through the sky!

Wow! The controls make it feel like you’re flying with a rocket pack! It’s really fun. Tilt his body left and right to move.

diddykong_070925c-l.jpg

It’s a popgun barrage! Explosions everywhere!

The Peanut Popgun fires straight down, so you change the peanut firing angles by tilting Diddy left to right. I highly suggest mastering this.

diddykong_070925d-l.jpg

When time runs out, the rocketbarrels explode!

diddykong_070925e-l.jpg

Plus, you can gobble up the peanuts that fall to the ground.

Will you be enjoying some? No? Well, your opponents can eat the peanuts, too. So when your shots don’t hit, your opponents end up recovering damage instead of taking it.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

assist08_070926a.jpg

Mr. Resetti

It’s Mr. Resetti from Animal Crossing. At long last he makes his appearance!

assist08_070926b-l.jpg

Th-there he is!!!

I’m just going to come out and say it: when Mr. Resetti appears, all he does is lecture you. Whether you’ve reset the game or not, he just lectures...

Huh? What’s that, Mr. Resetti?

assist08_070926c-l.jpg

Oh! Umm... Sorry about that...

assist08_070926d-l.jpg

Uh... Umm... I suppose you would. My mistake...

assist08_070926e-l.jpg

assist08_070926f-l.jpg

(...This is so long...)

With Mr. Resetti, you can enjoy these terribly appreciated lectures even in Smash. He’s an Assist Trophy like no other.

assist08_070926k-l.jpg
Yay, more Animal Crossing.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

But you still fight while he talks.... I think...

Status
Not open for further replies.