• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Wii] Super Smash Brothers: Brawl Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
ohnoes_by_ohnoesplz.png

Wonder what random and unexpected character they'll stuff in it next?

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

The original Sonic the Hedgehog game used only one button. I think its simple yet exhilarating play was its virtue.

And given that this game’s controls are also simple, I think it personifies his distinct characteristics.

<Side Special Move: Spin Dash>

sonic_071011a-l.jpg

Yeah, you have to have this.

Hop into a supersonic Spin Dash. If you charge it up just a bit, your speed will increase.

It’s also possible to rise up while spinning.

sonic_071011b-l.jpg

Spin Dash, jump. A two-hit combo.

sonic_071011c-l.jpg

Then keep pursuing with a midair attack!

sonic_071011d-l.jpg

And do a Spin Dash in midair to return.

That, too?

<Down Special Move: Spin Charge>

By holding the Control Stick down and tapping the special-move button, you charge up your spin and do a Spin Dash. This may feel better for some—there’s no pop.

sonic_071011e-l.jpg

KEEEEEEEEEE!

<Up Special Move: Spring Jump>

And his up special move is the Spring Jump. That spring launches you wayyy up in the air.

sonic_071011f-l.jpg

That’s high!

You might not use it on the ground much, but rumor has it that if you do, the spring that remains can be used by other characters.

sonic_071011g-l.jpg

Ah! It’s true.
Seems fun .

Because it's a lame excuse for a jump move, I guess. Well let's see you come up with different ideas for all of these tons of characters?

Today I have some good news and some bad news. Let's get the bad part out of the way first, shall we?

As many of you may have already heard, we have had to delay the launch of Super Smash Bros. Brawl by just a little bit—it will now be launching on February 10th in the Americas. I know that many of you will be disappointed by this news, but please understand that the extra development time will enable us to make the game the best it can be. It is my earnest hope that you will all be enjoying this game for many years, and we are all working very hard toward that goal.

Phew. Now for some good news to tide you over.

The forthcoming E for All event will be held at the Los Angeles Convention Center beginning October 18.

And it appears that this event will display the first ever public playable version of Super Smash Bros. Brawl! I am planning on having people play the game—but with limited character selection.

The problem is Sonic. What to do... I suppose if we’re going to all this trouble, perhaps we should make him playable.

Oh, yes. And for those of you who come to play, please remember—you tap the Control Stick to do Smash attacks.

Have fun!
Noooooooooooooooooooo!

While playing the game, you might encounter an interesting situation. At times like this, you must PAUSE!

various07_071012a-l.jpg

Stop the action and look at the scene from all different directions.

If that pause in the action makes for an interesting shot that you wish you could keep, then by all means, do so. Take a SNAAAAAAAPSHOT!

various07_071012b-l.jpg

If you’re on the pause screen, you can snap a photo anytime!

various07_071012c-l.jpg

Like this.

various07_071012d-l.jpg

Take funny snapshots...

various07_071012e-l.jpg

As often as you like!

You can take snapshots like the images we’ve shown here on Smash Bros. Dojo.

We had a snapshot mode in the past, but you couldn’t take a snapshot anytime in the middle of a match. And they were saved to a GameCube Memory Card—it wasn’t like you could save several dozens of photos.

However! This time there are SD cards! With those, you’ll have room to save plenty of snapshots!

various07_071012f-l.jpg

Just give it a name and save it to either location.

But wait! There’s more!

various07_071012g-l.jpg

"Send"???

This feature allows you to send your snapshots to people you’ve registered as Friends for Nintendo WFC play. So you can give them funny little screenshots as presents. You can view them in the Album.

Don’t you think you’d be happy to suddenly get a funny photo from a friend? Perhaps online brawling isn’t the only way to compete.

Uh, as for that thing that’s blurred out, that’s still a secret. We’re still in development, so I apologize in advance if it gets dropped, but we are thinking of one more trick for this mode.

This is an old update, but someone missed it. So I'm adding it anyway.

This stage recreates the structure in front of the helipad on Shadow Moses Island.

stage13_071002a-l.jpg

High walls on the left and right?!

Walls tower over the stage on the left and right, giving it a caged death-match feel.

stage13_071002b-l.jpg

The searchlight spots someone, and the"!" icon appears!

You can destroy the walls on the left and right with attacks. Those who aren’t skilled at launching foes upward may want to be proactive about attacking them.

stage13_071002c-l.jpg

The walls come tumbling down.

Oh, and occasionally a Metal Gear will appear from the background.

stage13_071002d-l.jpg

Metal Gear REX!

stage13_071002e-l.jpg

Metal Gear RAY!

Apparently one other kind appears, too. It’s supposedly a slightly newer model.

On this stage, Snake communicates with his team to learn the key characteristics of his rivals... Whoa... Seriously?

We’ve intercepted some of these communications and we’re delivering those to you now.
The videos are on here, but they're pretty gay.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
WTF, I can not believe this is happening.

How dare sonic be put in with such crap as mario. Sonic does not belong in a game like this. And the only reason they do not put Shadow the Hedgehog in it is thatit would bring up the age requirements by 20 years. Shadow would fit in much better, the big ass rapid fire anti tank guns and imba chaos controle. After seeing this I feel that microsoft should make their own super smash bros but for the PC / 360 with the real kick ass characters and actual graphics and not just last gen crap.

This time nentendo really has gone a bit too far. And most people did not want him in anyway.

Level 36
Actually, Bungie is now an independant coproration, seperate from Microsoft. This happened last weekend.

Mind you, Microsoft still does own a minority stake in the company, and Bungie says it's still commited to releasing games for 360/Windows and not anyone else.

Why do you think nothing Goldeneye has shown up? After all, it was one of Nintendo's biggest successes with the 64. Because Goldeneye is owned by Rare, and Rare is owned by Microsoft. MS is VERY VERY iffy about their property, and why the hell would they license their property to be used by a competing corporation?!

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Chocobos are property of Square Enix, the makers of Final Fantasy.

Status
Not open for further replies.