• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Wii] Super Smash Brothers: Brawl Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 26
[8THGRADECHEMISTRYMETAPHOR]A mediocre compilation is like a solution, putting two elements together in a way that you experience both.

A truly great compilation is like a compound, not only combining two elements together, but making them truly work together, even to the point of creating an experience unique to the compilation itself.

At first, to me, SSBB looked like the latter, but now, it's beginning to look like the former[/8THGRADECHEMISTRYMETAPHOR]

This thread keeps getting neglected.

There are only a few nonsense stages in the only "slightly" nonsensical Smash. But there isn’t any stage more nonsensical than this.

PictoChat?! What is THIS?!

It’s a fun little sketch-and-chat software with wireless functionality that’s built into the Nintendo DS!

stage15_071022a-l.jpg

And if you turn it into a stage, it looks like this! BAM!

stage15_071022b-l.jpg

At first, there’s nothing there. It’s just flat.

stage15_071022c-l.jpg

If you wait a bit, terrain gets drawn in with a few stylus strokes!

Of course, you can climb up on the doodles.

stage15_071022d-l.jpg

You may get knocked about by side winds.

stage15_071022e-l.jpg

There may be things you want to ride on moving around.

stage15_071022f-l.jpg

Hot! HOT! Are these flames?

stage15_071022g-l.jpg

This looks solid! But it’s also flat?!

stage15_071022h-l.jpg

Wow! A whale!

The doodles that appear will disappear after a while, and then something else will get drawn.

Oh, and on this stage, you’ll also be able to enjoy Mii Channel music and Wii Shop Channel music, too.

stage15_071022i-l.jpg

Oh! That’s just divine.

Omg wtf.

And there's a video update for today.

Somebody else do the updates for thursday and friday; I won't be here.

A target-breaking mode has appeared in every game in the Smash series. It’s a mode that challenges you to break ten targets within a given time limit—basically, a game for those who salivate at the thought of speed runs.

various09_071024a-l.jpg

Break the targets!

It’s outdoors now, giving it a refreshing visual appearance. This time, there are five different maps of varying difficulty—challenges you can take on with your favorite character.

various09_071024b-l.jpg

Each of the five maps is distinctive.

Some levels have items as well, so you may be able to use them to cut your time even more.

Use all of your character’s skills to beat your own personal records!

various09_071024c-l.jpg

This is the pause screen.

If you fail, you can pause the game and try again. You can also confirm the overall layout by pausing.

There is another announcement I’d like make simultaneously...

This time, you can view replays. What this means is, the game records what you did in brawls or in Target Smash and lets you review it.

various09_071024d-l.jpg

You can record about three minutes worth of replay data.

And it’s even possible to send replays of your most amazing times to Wii Friends! If you compete against each other, things will surely heat up.

various09_071024e-l.jpg

Fire it off!

It feels great to use all of your knowledge and techniques to shave off a hundredth of a second. But you don’t have to do that to enjoy these features, so I hope you’ll give it a try regardless.

Level 7
entry_banner.jpg

King Dedede
kingdedede.jpg

The self-proclaimed king of Dream Land formally joins the brawl! Mechanizing his wooden mallet, he delivers a mighty, earth-shaking blow!

He joins as a member of the heavyweight class alongside Bowser and Donkey Kong. Can he defeat Kirby?!
kingdedede_071025a.jpg

kingdedede_071025b.jpg

kingdedede_071025c.jpg

kingdedede_071025d.jpg

Level 8
I think Ganondorf's final smash should be transforming into Ganon (His Giant Pig Form From Twilight Princess)

Level 34
Brawl looks like it may disappoint! More stupid looking levels! So many new characters, and I hate the controller. Although you can use the old cube controller right?

I love SSBM, they better make this one better.

Level 7
King Dedede: Special Moves

<Up Special Move: Super Dedede Jump>
kingdedede_071026a.jpg

Look! That’s a serious jump!
kingdedede_071026b.jpg

And he lands HARD!
King Dedede’s great jump is his specialty! But he doesn’t have much freedom while jumping, and his vulnerability when he lands is pretty significant.

That said, if things look bad, just tap down on the Control Stick.
kingdedede_071026c.jpg

You can flip over and cancel it in midair.

However, if you try to cancel just before landing, you’ll make a fool of yourself, and you’ll be vulnerable for even longer, so watch out.

<Side Special Move: Waddle Dee Toss>
kingdedede_071026d.jpg

Just toss them out there.

He pulls out Waddle Dees from who knows where and throws them. The Waddle Dees then waddle around afterward.
kingdedede_071026e.jpg

Occasionally a Waddle Doo appears...
kingdedede_071026f.jpg

And Gordo, too.

<Down Special Move: Jet Hammer>

This time, King Dedede’s hammer is actually mechanized. The head’s rotation is powered by a motor.

And it can do this.
kingdedede_071026g.jpg

Whoa! What is this?!?

If you hold down the Control Stick and the special-move button simultaneously, you can charge up his hammer. And you can unleash it in one blow!
kingdedede_071026h.jpg

he power of the jet multiplies the destructive force!

You can even walk around with it charged up, but you can’t save the charge by pressing the shield button. Also, if you charge it up too much, it will increase your own damage, so be careful.

JYEAAAAAH.

/random yelling

Level 4
despite all the negativity about brawlers adn how it will be worse i doubt any of you guys will really be upset when you play it, and the point about graphics guys, was not that that they're outstanding but that they're better on the wii. King DeDeDe was actually forseen if you look at alot of member polls, Sonic, King DeDeDe, and actually Midna top the polls of most requested characters for brawlers. Though Midna would be interesting to see as a smash bros character. I'm actually still waiting to see what they'll be doing with Zelda this time around, they've said practically nothing about her because they are probably still debating about making her transform into shiek. ANd if they choose to seperate both characters that means zelda will get some new stuff. I was dissapointed that they still gave her din's fire, its a cool ability but the damage and casting time still dont make it even worth using, unless they gave it more damage or aoe specs. And did anyone notice that despite zelda being a princess and wearing a beautiful dress, shes wearing a 4 buckle set of brown boots underneath?

Level 7
LADIES AND GENTLEMAN, I PRESENT TO YOU THE MOST AMAZING UPDATE SO FAR FOR BRAWL! YOU WILL CREAM.

Stage Builder
You can create your own stages this time?! No way. REALLY?! With a feature like that, won’t I be able to play this game forever?!
various10_071029a.jpg

Apparently it’s true...!!!

Those who enjoy a little effort may be able to enjoy this stage builder for the rest of their lives.
various10_071029b.jpg

First, start from the initialize setting.

You start by choosing the size of the stage, the background pattern, and the music that will play. Oops! Sorry. For music, you’ll only be able to choose from the songs you have available.
various10_071029c.jpg

This is the edit screen!

Basically, you choose parts from the palette on the side and place them in the field.
various10_071029d.jpg

Just place terrain however you like. Chuckity-chuckity-CHUCK!
various10_071029e.jpg

Then try it out!

Modify it and try it... Repeat as necessary. Make your own ideal stage!
various10_071029f.jpg

Mmm... That’s amazing.
various10_071029g.jpg

And you can save a name and a comment for the stage.

You can change the music on the save screen. Choose something that matches the mood of your stage.

And I’m happy that this is compatible with SD cards. You don’t have to worry about size, so make as many stages as you like.

Also, if you’ve finished registering someone as both a Wii Friend and a Smash friend, you’ll be able to send custom stages to each other.

Now, for those who hate putting effort into such things, we’ve also prepared something you can enjoy as well.
various10_071029h.jpg

"Submit" ...?

That’s right! You can use your Wi-Fi connection to send stages you’ve made to Nintendo! (However, you can’t submit repeatedly. Maybe just once per day?)

And a stage selected from the entire daily collection will be sent from Nintendo to your Wii. A stage made by someone else will come to you over the Internet once per day!

DUN DUN DUNNNNNN! That’s the shocking truth. This means you’ll be able to experience a new stage every day—the flavor of the day, if you will. However, the plan is for that stage to vanish once one day has passed. It’s a once-in-a-lifetime encounter.

You can submit in both the Snapshots mode and the Stage Builder mode, allowing everyone to enjoy the creations of others. The fun of sharing is one of the ways that I wanted to take advantage of Wi-Fi for something other than pure battling.
various10_071029i.jpg

Today’s stage has lots of traps...

This is our ideal current plan. We still don’t know the exact service period. And future tuning may result in changes to the spec.

But for now, please look forward to it!

I'M SPRAYYYIING IT EVERRYYWHEEERRE!!

Level 7
Classic
This is the classic single-player mode—hence the name, Classic.

In this mode, you try to clear each stage as you go.
various11_071030a.jpg

Choose your favorite character and a difficulty level, then start the match!
various11_071030b.jpg

Fight whoever appears!

The world you fight in is pretty much determined based on stage number. Stage 1 is based on The Legend of Zelda. Stage 3 is based on Pokémon. And each time, the characters are chosen randomly.

You’ll also find the status of enemies and rules of the match vary slightly to include things like Giant matches, Metal matches, and Team battles.
various11_071030c.jpg

Heart icons indicate your allies.
various11_071030d.jpg

You cleared the stage!

So... You just keep playing until you reach the end. Easy to understand, right?

Huh? You’re wondering what the coins on the Stage Clear screen are for? Um, you think they’re there to make it look more lively?

No, no. You earn and save these up little by little as you play. And supposedly you can use them somewhere. But no—you don’t use them to shop.

A new update. Classic ftw.

Level 7
Well, in melee, the coins were used for a trophy slot machine of some sorts. It will probably be just the same for brawl.

Level 8
Well, in melee, the coins were used for a trophy slot machine of some sorts. It will probably be just the same for brawl.

I know, but look:

No, no. You earn and save these up little by little as you play. And supposedly you can use them somewhere. But no—you don’t use them to shop.

I don't know if the trophy machine counts as a store, but seeing as you buy random trophies from it I would count it as a store. Who knows?:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.