1. Are you planning to upload your awesome tool to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    July 9, 2018: The rules for the Tool Section have been revised. Please be sure to read the revisions.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Ride into the sunset with the 32nd Modeling Contest. The contest is optionally paired. Best of luck, people!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. This adventure has come to an end. Congratulate our heroes in the 16th Mini Mapping Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. From the gates of hell, the 5th Special Effect Contest Results have emerged.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Widgetizer 1.9.0.3

Submitted by PitzerMike
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
This tool originates from here

The Widgetizer converts the object data files in Warcraft maps to SLK tables and TXT files. Additionally the WTS strings of the map are internalized. This will result in a remarkable decrease of loading time (on maps with many customized objects).

Simply unzip all files to a folder and start the tool. The readme explains in detail how to use the Widgetizer.

If you are missing a dll or the VB 6 runtime files, you can get the runtime pack here.

If you want to get as much out of the Widgetizer as possible I recommend you dive into the hidden and advanced features of the tool by reading this tutorial.

Keywords:
Widgetizer, Loading Time, Speed, Dota, Optimize
Contents

Widgetizer 1.9.0.3 (Binary)

Reviews
Dr Super Good: Very good tool, can really decrease map loading times.
  1. pyropk95

pyropk95

Resources:
    Resources:
    probraly..in fact you are..but im sensing a bad vibe from this.. let run squiggy...run away from this toool!

2. Deaod

Deaod

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    If you just stop and read the ReadMe, you wouldnt complain.
    What this does is basically converting some tables with information about custom Units/Abilities/... to .SLK files which are bigger in size but are loaded much faster by W3.
    You should use this tool in conjunction with Vexorians Map Optimizer. This ensures you get minimum loading time, but your map will be slightly bigger than the same map only optimized with Vexorians Optimizer.

3. pyropk95

pyropk95

Resources:
    Resources:
    i did optimize it, and it was protected, then i did the widgetizer and it made all my units on the map black cubes, making it so i can do no more customization to it

4. Deaod

Deaod

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    RTFM.
    Hell, if you really cant read the ReadMes coming with this tool, you shouldnt be using it at all.

It's clearly stated everywhere, that you should use widgetizer FIRST and THEN Optimize the map.

5. pyropk95

pyropk95

Resources:
    Resources:
    i did!!!! because if you optimize first the widgetizer thinks that theirs like something wrong with the map

6. Squiggy

Squiggy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    see.. bad vibes ;)

7. pyropk95

pyropk95

Resources:
    Resources:
    ya bad vibes... end of story

8. Deaod

Deaod

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    youre contradicting yourself.
    You cant widgetize an optimized and protected map because Widgetizer cant find the (listfile).

9. pyropk95

pyropk95

Resources:
    Resources:
    just testing you...

10. Rikardo

Rikardo

Resources:
    Resources:
    Can this protect maps too? :)

11. PitzerMike

PitzerMike

Resources:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    The only thing it protects in a way is your object editor data.
    Otherwise no. You should use Map Optimizer in combination with this if you want your map protected too.

12. M_Vegeta

M_Vegeta

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Can u lock map with this & wx3 map optimizer made by vexorian? cuz quickly read some text and i saw that u could but wich program do it ?and where in the help or read me file i can find this info... would be useful cuz my map get hack and i wanna put a lock on it a strong 1

13. ZlatniLav

ZlatniLav

Resources:
    Resources:
    PitzerMike you made best optimize tool!!!!
    5/5!!!!!!!!!

EDIT:
    yes, you can! I tested

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2009
  14. Raziel_br

Raziel_br

Resources:
    Resources:
    How I use this??

15. Storyyeller

Storyyeller

Resources:
    Resources:
    This tool is awesome. I use it on every map.

16. NeverDeath

NeverDeath

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    This tool seems to be great for what it is intended to do, it does exactly that; However, I am having an issue in my map, where I have roughly 350, give or take a few, custom hero abilities, most of which have 5 ranks. The problem is that when I compile the ability data, 3 of these abilities no longer have tooltips for ranks 1 and 2, they are replaced with a ".", and at ranks 3 and 4 they show parts of the tooltip, but not the whole thing, making it incoherent, and at rank 5 the whole tooltip is finally there.

In addition to those three abilities, 1 ability doesn't show up anymore at all. Obviously, I can't release a map with an improved load time but some broken/nondescript abilities - So does anyone know how I could manually exclude these 4 select abilities from being compiled? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I read the readme, but saw nothing referencing this, or whether or not it could be done. Thanks in advance.

-NeverDeath.

Edit: Regardless of my problem, I am going to give this resource a 5/5, because I'm fairly certain there is a solution to my problem, and the load time reduction through data compilation to SLK files is amazing.

Edit 2: Figured it out. Nevermind, great program. +rep.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2009
  17. Noobsmoke

Noobsmoke

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    i have NOD32 and he detects a TROJAN

18. PitzerMike

PitzerMike

Resources:
    Tools:
    Resources:
  19. ikillforeyou

ikillforeyou

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    This.. tool.. is.. one... word....

Epic! My 2nd fav mapping tool (after vexorians map protector) This is amazing, such a faster map time, i used this on a map, and guess what, 80% faster load time, thats INCREDIBLE!

Good job! 5/5

20. Trollkopp

Trollkopp

Resources:
    Resources:
    Problem with widgetizer

i used the widgetizer for reduce loading time,
    then i optimize the map
    but after that all doodads in the map where invisible.
    still there (can move on the places)
    but not even 1 doodad can be seen.

what make i wrong ?
    can someone help me ?