• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Which version turns the sharing control system off ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello everyone,

My girlfriend and I love Gaia's Retaliation, we've only been playing this for weeks now.

We really like playing just together in lan but since this RPG is impossible with 2 heroes, we use a third computer. It's still harder but sharing control allows the tank to play the healer too.

Since we started playing the 1.1n version, we're disappointed that we can't share control anymore, and playing with two computers at the same time is even worse than impossible. I got a headache after trying less than a minute.

We jumped from the 1.1e version to the 1.1n, so I'm not really aware of the time when sharing control was disabled. Could someone tell me?

Thank you for your answer, great job for the map by the way!

Level 6
As far as im aware share control was locked so people would stop buying best items for others and other kind of things, i know its useful for people who are afk or like you who wana drive more than 1 hero but i doubt todez removes share control lock

Level 2
I'm not saying it was a bad idea, I understand both opinions :)

What I'm asking for is a version of the map without that system. I know it's between 1.1e and 1.1n, but which one?

Edit: By the way, where do you people find other players for this map? I've been on Garena but could find only people playing TKOK or DotA...

Level 5
Sharing control was in fact disabled since 1.1e version. People were abusing too much bugs that came up from sharing control. Hence the reason why it was disabled. You can always try playing on Garena or Battle.Net.

Level 1
Hello everyone,

My girlfriend and I love Gaia's Retaliation, we've only been playing this for weeks now.

We really like playing just together in lan but since this RPG is impossible with 2 heroes, we use a third computer. It's still harder but sharing control allows the tank to play the healer too.

Since we started playing the 1.1n version, we're disappointed that we can't share control anymore, and playing with two computers at the same time is even worse than impossible. I got a headache after trying less than a minute.

We jumped from the 1.1e version to the 1.1n, so I'm not really aware of the time when sharing control was disabled. Could someone tell me?

Thank you for your answer, great job for the map by the way!

If you would like, we wouldn't mind playing with you and your girlfriend ("we" = my loved one and I). We've been playing for a couple of years though, on rare occasions, due to few people being interested in actually finishing the RPG...well, taking it as close to completion as possible, that is...

So, in short: would you like to add another couple to your party, or is your adventure a private one? ^^

Level 13
Aw, kl3sk on a double gaias date that is so cute.

Also Parojo, the game isn't impossible with two players, by all means ask questions and we'll help where we can in getting you guys as far as possible.

Are you using mercenaries currently?

Level 2
Gasqueen > Thank you!

AncientNova > Ok, I'll check that room someday :)

Kl3sk > That could be great. We've been playing alone or almost (sometimes, friends of mine join in lan) but we never play online for the same reason, it's hard to find serious people nowadays. Is there a way to contact you easily? I use gtalk/gmail. What are your favorite classes in Gaia?

Vestra > Maybe you are right, but it's hard to enjoy the game that way. We need to be level 10 to beat the giant crab boss, lame when you think of the quest level... So we actually need to exp a lot to finish early quests...

We like to play squire + ranger, maybe the problem comes from that. I like the cleric too but I don't know if missing a DPS or a tank will make it any better.

What are the mercenaries?

Thanks for your answers guys!

Level 17
yes, it is possible with 2 players. some versions ago, zwiebelchen added mercenaries to the game.. exactly for that reason, you can get healer, damage dealer, tank and so on. with 2 players you can receive 2 mercenaries so it shouldnt be a problem. you can get them as xonok said in riversdale (i think its the room where you can buy your abilities) or in mytargas (at entrance)

Level 2
I just checked, I find the hiring system really great! On one hand, it's not like before, as we aren't able to completely control them, but on the other hand, it's even better cause we don't need the use of another computer and we can have 4 characters.

Can the ranger have a mercenary with the wolf?

Thanks again for your answers!

Kl3sk, still looking for playing together anyway :)

Level 4
Yeah you can have pets and mercenaries, you can have as many mercenaries until you have 5 people (mercs and players count as people).

Level 13
Also, remember the -pet command, it makes your mercenaries/summons attack whatever unit the controlled hero is attacking.

Another useful command is -qi but as you're not healing that isn't too important.

The mercenary system is as follows

1 player - 1 merc
2 players - 2 mercs
3 players - 2 mercs
4 players 1 merc
5 and 6 players - no mercs

Level 1
Gasqueen > Thank you!

AncientNova > Ok, I'll check that room someday :)

Kl3sk > That could be great. We've been playing alone or almost (sometimes, friends of mine join in lan) but we never play online for the same reason, it's hard to find serious people nowadays. Is there a way to contact you easily? I use gtalk/gmail. What are your favorite classes in Gaia?

Vestra > Maybe you are right, but it's hard to enjoy the game that way. We need to be level 10 to beat the giant crab boss, lame when you think of the quest level... So we actually need to exp a lot to finish early quests...

We like to play squire + ranger, maybe the problem comes from that. I like the cleric too but I don't know if missing a DPS or a tank will make it any better.

What are the mercenaries?

Thanks for your answers guys!

We both have Skype and Steam accounts. I prefer the Thief and Squire, and my partner mostly plays Ranger. Feel free to PM me if interested.

You should be able to beat all the outdoor bosses at the designed level with two players and two mercs until current endgame content.
I think it is possible to beat the third dungeon and The Shade / Ogre Cave encounters with just 2 players and 2 mercs, but it probably requires a lot of skill or some gear farming. Nonetheless it is possible (Some players managed to 2-man The Shade encounter even without mercs, which is currently the hardest boss battle in the map).

Level 2
Guy, I have to say the mercenaries are extremely efficient. They react really quickly and stay balanced. That's a serious work you got there, and I'm not even talking about the beauty, the general balance and the system of the map.

I'm convinced there wouldn't exist any better mercenaries system!

Level 18
You should be able to beat all the outdoor bosses at the designed level with two players and two mercs until current endgame content.
I think it is possible to beat the third dungeon and The Shade / Ogre Cave encounters with just 2 players and 2 mercs, but it probably requires a lot of skill or some gear farming. Nonetheless it is possible (Some players managed to 2-man The Shade encounter even without mercs, which is currently the hardest boss battle in the map).

with full items max level

Status
Not open for further replies.