1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Secrets of Warcraft 3 have revealed interesting works. The RESULTS for Abelhawk's Mini-Mapping Contest #15 have come out!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Night Rider gained several songs for his journey. The poll for the 12th Music Contest has started. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Join other hivers in a friendly concept-art contest. The contestants have to create a genie coming out of its container. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Six player instances (intended?)

Discussion in 'Gaias Retaliation ORPG' started by J-B, Dec 30, 2018.

1. J-B

J-B

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hello there,

I am currently on a LAN with some friends and we decided to play Gaias Retaliation ORPG.
    We have played the map on two different occasions before but were both times with two or three players.
    Now we convinced some friends to play along and our group of six went on a journey...

The first instance (The Bandit Cave) was no problem at all, we could reset the instance, could just as six, etc. but as soon as we found the Caverns of Tranquility, we could only enter as five, is that intended (the next instance in the main city across the bridge could also only be entered as a group of five)?

I couldn't find anything similar to my problem via the search function (Google) or scrolling through some posts, sorry if this has been asked before.

I am playing on the up to date WC3 patch, 1.30.1.10211 (same as my friends, we could all join without a problem). The Gaia Retaliation ORPG version is 1.2D (I downloaded from the hiveworkshop).

Thank you for helping, if this is a five player map for leveling, please tell me when we can expect to play as six again! :)

J-B

2. Jumbo

Jumbo

Resources:
    Resources:
    5 is max for instances in general. You can still do outdoor bosses 6 players, though. This means that you can do any end game bosses and Foothills bosses, ogre, shade, Sanev, etc. just fine with your full team. If you want to go Mytargas dungeon (Dungeon 3 aka. D3) you have to leave the 6th player outside the instance. This is a design choice made for balancing dungeons.

3. S0ulseeker

S0ulseeker

Resources:
    Resources:
    To add on to Jumbo, the first dungeon is designed as a 6 person dungeon. Every dungeon afterwords are scaled around 5 people. There's also a randomly generated dungeon you can do, it's been a while since I've played I believe that may also be 5 people but it may allow 6.

4. J-B

J-B

Resources:
    Resources:
    thank you for the responses, I have seen videos of people doing the Overseer with a six man group but that was pretty much it.
    Thank you for the responses, we switched to other maps in the meantime and had a fun time.

5. khj

khj

Resources:
    Resources:
    That randomly generated dungeon is for 5 people. I believe it was made just because of clunky wc3's UI that doesn't allow to have more than 6 icons in the top left corner (Your hero, backpack + 4 other characters). Just the presence of a sixth player makes the game harder for healers.

6. Jumbo

Jumbo

Resources:
    Resources:
    Oh Yeah, a good point by Khj. Perhaps player cap will be increased with the new editor (I certainly would love bigger dungeon parties).