• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Six player instances (intended?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

J-B

J-B

Level 1
Hello there,

I am currently on a LAN with some friends and we decided to play Gaias Retaliation ORPG.
We have played the map on two different occasions before but were both times with two or three players.
Now we convinced some friends to play along and our group of six went on a journey...

The first instance (The Bandit Cave) was no problem at all, we could reset the instance, could just as six, etc. but as soon as we found the Caverns of Tranquility, we could only enter as five, is that intended (the next instance in the main city across the bridge could also only be entered as a group of five)?

I couldn't find anything similar to my problem via the search function (Google) or scrolling through some posts, sorry if this has been asked before.

I am playing on the up to date WC3 patch, 1.30.1.10211 (same as my friends, we could all join without a problem). The Gaia Retaliation ORPG version is 1.2D (I downloaded from the hiveworkshop).

Thank you for helping, if this is a five player map for leveling, please tell me when we can expect to play as six again! :)

J-B

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 19
5 is max for instances in general. You can still do outdoor bosses 6 players, though. This means that you can do any end game bosses and Foothills bosses, ogre, shade, Sanev, etc. just fine with your full team. If you want to go Mytargas dungeon (Dungeon 3 aka. D3) you have to leave the 6th player outside the instance. This is a design choice made for balancing dungeons.

Level 10
To add on to Jumbo, the first dungeon is designed as a 6 person dungeon. Every dungeon afterwords are scaled around 5 people. There's also a randomly generated dungeon you can do, it's been a while since I've played I believe that may also be 5 people but it may allow 6.

J-B

J-B

Level 1
thank you for the responses, I have seen videos of people doing the Overseer with a six man group but that was pretty much it.
Thank you for the responses, we switched to other maps in the meantime and had a fun time.

khj

khj

Level 2
That randomly generated dungeon is for 5 people. I believe it was made just because of clunky wc3's UI that doesn't allow to have more than 6 icons in the top left corner (Your hero, backpack + 4 other characters). Just the presence of a sixth player makes the game harder for healers.

Status
Not open for further replies.