• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Which do you think is the worst and/or weakest Warcraft 3 hero?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
All I am saying is that the heroes are very balanced. Troll on, as you haven't raised any points, you're just laughing over mine. Learn to debate you troll.

No one reported this comment yet ^ pfft.

I gotta say I don't play WC3 that much, never really played the ladder... But...

Archmage (No DPS, Elementals, 1 AOE, Regen is ok, overall an alright hero.)
Potm (Some DPS, no good abilities except aura, and super is decent.)
Blood Mage (1 really gosu AOE, and everything else is shit.)
Crypt Lord (All around, tonnes of good abilities, but his speed makes the Chieftain look fast.)
Shadow Hunter (No DPS, Big Bad Voodoo is awesome, healing wave is aight, hex is a good ability, and his low hp and dps makes him suck imo.)

archmage is one of the best heroes in the game. strong attack, elementals are really good dps and tank, regen means unlimited mana which means unlimited slow from sorcs and unlimited bolts from mountain kings and unlimited holy lights from paladins. mass teleport is just op.... blizzard is good when combined with slow or spell breakers (since breakers dont get hit). watch ANY pro replay, archmage is the starter for humans.

blood mage and shadow hunter are good support.
for blood mage, aoe is shit, everything else is really gosu. banish is really awesome in mass casters or gryphons. siphon mana rapes enemy heroes. phoenix is another op ability if the enemy doesnt focus down the egg. blood mage is really good as second or third.
shadow hunter has been explained why its good as second.

Level 35
Needless to say, what denotes a good hero isn't HP and DPS alone, least of all when it's a support hero like the Shadow Hunter :3

Archmage is the most common opener for Humans and you know it, RiotZ :p

as for the Mass Teleport, i remember being told that players would generally combine the Sorceress' Invisibility spell with it to get the Archmage inside the enemy's base or whatever

Level 18
Paladin is a better opener in my opinion, Holy light is awesome, divineshield is OP aura is great and ultimate is boss. Water elementals give alot of XP and the mana aura is wasted on tier 1. I usualy pick him last at tier 3 so he and my Paladin can support the Mountain King.

You guys are right the Alchemist is pritty bad but i guess thats to compensate how powerful the Dark Ranger is.

Also howcome the Firelord, Thinker and Alchemist never appear in any of the campaigns? Maybe its because they're kinda bad...

Level 6
I've always thought the shadow hunter sucks. All he does is heal. The in big bad vodoo everyone just attacks him and the channeling stops. Yeah, healing wave is good and serpent ward somewhat good. But his sixth level spell is possibly the worse in the game. And hex could be useful if the unit you wanted to hex didn't have magic immunity and wasn't level 6.

Level 11
It's funny how people keep bashing good heroes only cause they don't know how to use them.

Shadow Hunter has the best heal in the game. And with his big mana pool he can keep spamming it without a problem. Hex is really awesome, expecially if enemies dont have disables. I ALWAYS use SH when playing Orc. Usually as secondary hero, but at some situations hes my primary hero.

And about PotM. She has really high DPS, maybe even higher than DH. And on top of this she has really good supportive spells. And her ultimate combined with the Anti-Magic Potion usually wins the game.

Level 35
I like how Xonok replaces half the points that disagree with him with 'oh this is just trollish stuff', but then takes the only unnecessary part of kala's points which could potentially be seen as 'trollish' and ignores everything else :p

Regarding the PotM, 'really good supportive spells' is one of the better jokes i've heard as of late, and i appreciate the humour :)

of course simplicity is attractive to some, xonok, you like the PotM, after all. only times you have to manually activate an ability for that hero is to activate Starfall. if you feel particularly professional, you may activate the Scout ability every now and again. doesn't get any simpler than that :p

i suppose next you'll be saying warden is a simple hero to use? :p
in which case i'd agree, what with ALL her passives :3

Level 21
I like how Xonok replaces half the points that disagree with him with 'oh this is just trollish stuff', but then takes the only unnecessary part of kala's points which could potentially be seen as 'trollish' and ignores everything else :p

Regarding the PotM, 'really good supportive spells' is one of the better jokes i've heard as of late, and i appreciate the humour :)

of course simplicity is attractive to some, xonok, you like the PotM, after all. only times you have to manually activate an ability for that hero is to activate Starfall. if you feel particularly professional, you may activate the Scout ability every now and again. doesn't get any simpler than that :p

i suppose next you'll be saying warden is a simple hero to use? :p
in which case i'd agree, what with ALL her passives :3

Read what Kala last said. I did not replace anything. I only removed the part that my statement had nothing to do with, instead of just quoting the whole post.

Also, about the POTM. I do not play as her. She can be good for some things, but not the way I play.
And yes, I do use the warden, but definitely not for the passives which she doesn't have.

I get it that you want to mock me, but at least be intelligent when you do so. Trolls are very boring when they just spout whatever comes to their mind.

Level 35
And yet you didn't do it just now? :p
Sure, you're right, nobody else is, no need to get off your high horse ^^

Actually, I don't want to 'mock' you. That's a very egotistical attitude. This is a thread where we are debating with regards to which heroes are the worst, and you argue against which heroes are genuinely the worst with one lined statements followed by 'you're a troll so your opinion is wrong'.

Very poor debating skills, I must say. I did address this earlier, but you dismissed everything on the topic as 'semi-trollish stuff', probably because you knew I was right and you're too young to be mature about the topic.

Cease and desist or I will be forced to contact authority.

Level 21
And yet you didn't do it just now? :p
Sure, you're right, nobody else is, no need to get off your high horse ^^

Actually, I don't want to 'mock' you. That's a very egotistical attitude. This is a thread where we are debating with regards to which heroes are the worst, and you argue against which heroes are genuinely the worst with one lined statements followed by 'you're a troll so your opinion is wrong'.

Very poor debating skills, I must say. I did address this earlier, but you dismissed everything on the topic as 'semi-trollish stuff', probably because you knew I was right and you're too young to be mature about the topic.

Cease and desist or I will be forced to contact authority.

I've never said that I'm more right than others.

I do assume however, that you are mocking me or are just dumb(no offence intended).
This is why:
You claim that I change other people's posts.

What I think about it:
I do not respond to things that can't be responded to, such as the first paragraph of a certain post which basically said "You're stupid, get over it"
That's the semi-trollish stuff.
I kept in all information that was about the topic, that is, the in-depth explanations of the heroes and why they are good/bad.

"you're a troll so your opinion is wrong" - this was in response to an unexplained post full of things in the style of "every point is just ur fucking exaggerated opinion."

Btw, I didn't know that you are GhostThruster and I also didn't know that multiple accounts are allowed in the hive.

Level 35
No, it wasn't 'semi-trollish' stuff, and it wasn't that at all, you chose to interpret it as such. Dismissing something as 'semi-trollish' is a 'trollish' action in itself.

You have, on multiple occasions, implied that you are 'more right than others'. You dismiss other people's opinions with lines following the trend of 'you're just a troll, shut up, your opinions are wrong' rather than providing a counter opinion, and when people do state an informed opinion, you restate them as if to say 'yep i was right all along'. Then you tell other people that they're just repeating things that were already said. I really loved the irony of that group of posts.

Btw, I didn't know that you are GhostThruster and I also didn't know that multiple accounts are allowed in the hive.

That's a fail attempt at trolling. Please leave the hive and never return.

Level 21
No, it wasn't 'semi-trollish' stuff, and it wasn't that at all, you chose to interpret it as such. Dismissing something as 'semi-trollish' is a 'trollish' action in itself.

You have, on multiple occasions, implied that you are 'more right than others'. You dismiss other people's opinions with lines following the trend of 'you're just a troll, shut up, your opinions are wrong' rather than providing a counter opinion, and when people do state an informed opinion, you restate them as if to say 'yep i was right all along'. Then you tell other people that they're just repeating things that were already said. I really loved the irony of that group of posts.

That's a fail attempt at trolling. Please leave the hive and never return.

This thread is starting to get annoying. Thank you.

"No, it wasn't 'semi-trollish' stuff, and it wasn't that at all, you chose to interpret it as such. Dismissing something as 'semi-trollish' is a 'trollish' action in itself." - The way I interpret things is nothing that matters here. The reason why I did so is. The whole first paragraph of that post was simply badmouthing me, which has absolutely nothing to do with the topic. Which is why I regard it as trolling.

I took that paragraph as what it is. If you didn't mean it as such, then that's not my problem, as the tone it was written in implies arrogance.

I do take back the last line of my previous post. I didn't bother to remember that it was you who made the post.

Kindly, leave me alone. I don't really care what you think about me nor should I. Also, if you're the great good force here, then why are you still posting unrelated things to this thread? If you want to convince me in something, then just do it in a PM so we could talk things out. Now lets both shut out about this and leave this thread for valid posts only. I intend not to deal with your ego in this thread anymore.

Level 35
Actually, if you take offense to something, then it is entirely your problem and nobody else's xD

This thread hasn't been annoying to me, if anything, it's been rather entertaining. You are somewhat annoying, but manageable.

You say 'now lets both shut out about this' as though you deserve the final word xD
Cute :3
Not bad for a 12 year old :p

Level 21
Actually, if you take offense to something, then it is entirely your problem and nobody else's xD

This thread hasn't been annoying to me, if anything, it's been rather entertaining. You are somewhat annoying, but manageable.

You say 'now lets both shut out about this' as though you deserve the final word xD
Cute :3
Not bad for a 12 year old :p

I take offense in people attacking me. Doesn't matter if physically or with words. Look up the first page of this thread. GhostThruster simply stated that some heroes are shit. I told how to play them and that he probably hasn't played them.

I don't care about having the final word, I do care about the fact that you are attacking me like this, with is always a personal thing.
"Not bad for a 12 year old :p" - Never have I said my age anywhere and as thus, you do not know it. However, it is common trolling practice to call someone younger than he is. As thus, I take this post of yours as trolling. Especially because it's still not on topic.

Why do I post this here? - Because I am responding to you.

Take this to a PM. As I told you to do already.

Level 35
That's actually the first time you mentioned a PM ever xD

See where that gets us? And it's not me 'trolling' you, I would guess you to be a fairly young person, either that or you got held back a few years, based on your level of maturity being incredibly low :p

I didn't attack you at all, if anything, you attacked GhostThruster xD

Maybe if you stopped being all high and mighty about 'being offended' you might actually shut up and learn a little something :p

Level 21
"That's actually the first time you mentioned a PM ever xD" - Really? Oh well, I was going to edit my previous post when you responded, so I might have forgotten it.

"See where that gets us? And it's not me 'trolling' you, I would guess you to be a fairly young person, either that or you got held back a few years, based on your level of maturity being incredibly low :p" - Again, as I said. You assume something about me that you simply can not know. Maturity hasn't got anything to do with it. I know that I am sometimes bossy, but that doesn't make my points less valid.

I didn't attack you at all, if anything, you attacked GhostThruster xD - And then why is this your business at all? I think I and GhostThruster reached a common understanding already. At least I understand where he is right, beyond that I don't care.
And yes, you are attacking me. You are trying to make me seem like what I am not.

Once again, take it to a PM. If you don't then I will simply ignore you in this thread.
I just got a funny idea - Make a thread in Off-topic if you want to discuss it with me in public. I mean it.

Anyways, I will ignore any further posts by you in this topic, unless they are about warcraft3 heroes.

Level 35
Actually, you attacked both GhostThruster and myself, I pointed out your logical fallacies at the start in the hopes that you would be mature enough to realize 'oh right, I shouldn't just call people trolls as a 'debating technique''.

It's funny how you say that I sound arrogant and how it isn't your problem if you're the one getting offended by what other people say. If that is the case, that would mean it's your problem if you offended someone else, correct?

I guess you just haven't learned to play any of them.

Offensive.

Learn to debate you troll.

Offensive.

Semi-trollish-stuff
/Valid points

Offensive.

Re-read please. That's what was said.

Offensive and ironic.

Heroes are all balanced, but some are not really useful

lolwat xD

I remember how dreadlords used it to surround me in Footman Wars. I assume this tactic also works in classic.

Hilarious.

Also, the Warcraft 3 Heroes disagree with your statements (which are generally wrong and/or baseless) on everything.

Level 21
I hereby ignore Wazzz, as I haven't received a PM and the last pages of this thread have mostly been about trolling.

Anyways, now to the original topic.

I think that all heroes are balanced, but some are really hard to use or only work against specific situations. Simply put, they are balanced, but usually not useful. ("Too balanced"?)

There is a reason why some heroes do not work against good players, despite being balanced. That is, warcraft seems to have been built around offensive tactics. Why do I think that? - We don't have walls and making a mass of towers is easy to counter, as siege weapons got more range(as far as I know).
How should it make some heroes less useful? - Lets bring in the example of thorns aura. It is completely passive. You can not throw your units into the enemy to damage them with thorns. It relies on them attacking you.
In competitive play people tend to maneuver a lot and one of the most basic things to realize is that if you take more damage than your enemy, then it's not probably worth it. A simple tactical retreat can fix it, as the warcraft 3 general AI(the one that handles things like moving) is too dumb. When you order your units to retreat, then the enemies start chasing you and lose formation. In SC2 this has been fixed.

I assume that blizzard didn't factor those things in when creating WC3 and that is why some heroes are not favored in competitive play.

Level 35
funny how you choose to ignore me after i provide evidence of your hypocrisies ;)

'heroes are balanced, but usually not useful'

this has to be the most uninformed opinion you've presented so far xD

thorns aura relies on the opposing player using melee attacks, i think you're just obsessed with KotG, tbh xD

i thought you were going back to the original topic, not starting one of your own. this is supposed to be about which heroes are the worst, not your thesis on how heroes in warcraft 3 work. we MOD warcraft 3, we already know how the heroes work xD

please stay on topic, or stay out xD

~~~

Priestess of the Moon is on the list of 'weakest heroes' because in 1v1 it is generally not that useful. It is viable in team games, but even then not so much. It's ultimate, Starfall, is easy enough to work around, and you'll be lucky to have enough mana to use it in the first place if you've been using Searing Arrows.

Dreadlord is one of the weaker heroes in and of itself as well, although some people might argue that it could be viable with a Ghoul Rush. Every time I see a Ghoul Rush, however, Death Knight is always the hero of choice, as Unholy Aura is far superior to Vampiric Aura.

Crypt Lord is also on the list due to it being silly. Its best ability would probably be Impale, but it doesn't exactly have the mana to support using it a whole lot. Which is fine, the Tauren Chieftain has a similar problem, but the Tauren Chieftain has a better passive for your army.

Tauren Chieftain is questionable, as there are much better options. Endurance Aura is always nice, War Stomp is great for AoE stun and Reincarnation isn't too bad for an Ultimate, but unfortunately the TC is incredibly slow and doesn't have the greatest mana pool. One might say Boots of Speed and Pendant of Energy, which is true, but all the same, you can use those items on any other hero that has better initial stats in those fields. Blademaster generally out does the TC in terms of being a melee Orc hero.

Keeper of the Grove is silly. It really is. Thorns Aura relies on your fragile army of Night Elves being hit in melee, which is questionable, so Frozen Throne's Mountain Giants are a decent addition in that regard. Even so, Mountain Giants are just too expensive for what they are. You'd be better off using Dryads. Dryads are good against just about everything. Especially Mountain Giants.

We've covered all these heroes, same applies to Goblin Alchemist and Pit Lord. But because somebody (xonok) disagrees with the argument 'you're just mocking me T.T', we will probably have to restate these points a few hundred times.

Level 21
"thorns aura relies on the opposing player using melee attacks, i think you're just obsessed with KotG, tbh xD"
Wow, you can make it work against ranged units? Awesome!
/Endsarcasm
You didn't provide a counterargument.

"i thought you were going back to the original topic, not starting one of your own. this is supposed to be about which heroes are the worst, not your thesis on how heroes in warcraft 3 work. " - I did not start my own, I said what I think about good/bad heroes in this game.
"we MOD warcraft 3, we already know how the heroes work xD" - This is a false assumption, as there's still lots of modders who wonder about the mechanics of this game. Besides, you don't have to know everything to mod it.

Level 35
I guess not knowing everything may be your philosophy, but it is not mine, nor GhostThruster's :p

That was a counter-argument, if you actually get off your high horse and learn a little something for a change. Thorns Aura only works against melee units, meaning it's easy to get around and bypass.

As for me not 'providing a counter-argument', you never seem to have to do that, hmm? Unless you count baseless opinions formed around your years of success in Footman Frenzy as counter-arguments with regards to the melee game xD

Level 21
"I guess not knowing everything may be your philosophy, but it is not mine, nor GhostThruster's :p" - It is not a philosophy, it's a fact that not every single person who makes warcraft maps is an absolute genius in computer science and knows EXACTLY how to do everything and use all engine exploits.

"That was a counter-argument, if you actually get off your high horse and learn a little something for a change. Thorns Aura only works against melee units, meaning it's easy to get around and bypass."
Saying what I said is not a counter-argument. I hope you didn't mean "Use only ranged units".

"As for me not 'providing a counter-argument', you never seem to have to do that, hmm? Unless you count baseless opinions formed around your years of success in Footman Frenzy as counter-arguments with regards to the melee game xD" - I always do that, while you simply try and pick every single mistake I find.

Also, the part where you edited your post to include what had already been said a hundred times is pointless. You just restated what I said a post ago.

Folks, I assume you see that you are going down a road that leads to nowhere.
Unsettling each other with personal attacks is doing no good - neither to both of you nor the thread.

I am keeping a close eye on this from now on and will moderate anything off-topic appropriately.
Get this back to an objective discussion, or withdraw from it.

Level 21
That is what I have been attempting to do, but xonok has been somewhat offensive while avoiding the on-topic discussion :/

I'm still waiting for a counter-argument as to why the Keeper of the Grove is not one of the worst heroes. Preferably a valid one.

Basically I think that no heroes are explicitly bad, but I do think that Keeper is one of those that simply doesn't fit any professional playstyle, as the aura can be outmaneuvered. Logically everyone that can do it will do it.

Level 35
Then his Summoning Spell requires trees, leaving Entangling Roots as the only really redeemable asset of the KotG prior to level 6

Tranquility is one of the best methods of HP regeneration for the Night Elves, as Moon Wells generally sit back in the base and run out of mana frequently, Rejuvenation being the other option should you decide to use Druid of the Claws.

It's not a matter of finding a 'bad' hero, it's a matter of finding the heroes that are comparatively worse to the other ones. It doesn't mean they're bad in or of themselves, it means that they are just generally out-classed.

Level 21
Then his Summoning Spell requires trees, leaving Entangling Roots as the only really redeemable asset of the KotG prior to level 6

Tranquility is one of the best methods of HP regeneration for the Night Elves, as Moon Wells generally sit back in the base and run out of mana frequently, Rejuvenation being the other option should you decide to use Druid of the Claws.

It's not a matter of finding a 'bad' hero, it's a matter of finding the heroes that are comparatively worse to the other ones. It doesn't mean they're bad in or of themselves, it means that they are just generally out-classed.

Requiring trees isn't really a problem alone, as most melee maps seem to have lots. However, I think that the main problem about many summons in general is that their bonuses are mostly negligible.
"2 extra units to tank? So what, I already have 10 that tank three times as well. And don't even mention the damage"
The lava spawn is a better one in this case, as it at least has the potential to spread like a wildfire.

Out-classed? Yep, that's what I mean when I say that "but some are not really useful, because their abilities are too passive/covered by something else/too situational/not synergizing with stats or other abilities"

Level 35
Mm, then there's heroes like the Tinker and the Dark Ranger that are brilliant when you know how to use them, but I'd say Tinker is the harder one to use properly as the Dark Ranger is fairly easy in terms of Silence. Other than that, it's mostly Black Arrows you'll be focusing on in the most common scenarios.

Using Sylvanus in the campaign in combination with the Dreadlord who has Doom as his final abilty, I was able to learn that if you use Doom on a unit and then use Charm on that same unit, it removes the Doom buff, which is supposed to be impossible to remove :p

Charm is always a welcome ability in 1v1, when income is low and you're down to your final armies. Every unit you can take from the enemy helps :p

Saw an Undead player who was otherwise losing to a Human player opt for mass Banshees, turned the game around by possessing all the Human's Knights. Was pretty brilliant :p

Level 21
Mm, then there's heroes like the Tinker and the Dark Ranger that are brilliant when you know how to use them, but I'd say Tinker is the harder one to use properly as the Dark Ranger is fairly easy in terms of Silence. Other than that, it's mostly Black Arrows you'll be focusing on in the most common scenarios.

Using Sylvanus in the campaign in combination with the Dreadlord who has Doom as his final abilty, I was able to learn that if you use Doom on a unit and then use Charm on that same unit, it removes the Doom buff, which is supposed to be impossible to remove :p

Charm is always a welcome ability in 1v1, when income is low and you're down to your final armies. Every unit you can take from the enemy helps :p

Saw an Undead player who was otherwise losing to a Human player opt for mass Banshees, turned the game around by possessing all the Human's Knights. Was pretty brilliant :p

I haven't really tried tinker, but the dark ranger is just awesome. I usually keep black arrow on, although I understand it's not a good idea. With dark ranger the regeneration really isn't a problem. Mana is though, at least when overusing black arrow.

That thing about doom? Awesome, I had no idea. I guess it works like that because charm removes all buffs(or maybe just negative ones, I dunno).

The last strategy I knew for some time, but haven't tested in melee.
When playing the last mission of the RoC undead campaign I figured out, that banshees are cheaper than half of the enemy units and since in that map they don't have much of a chance to get killed while possessing, then this turned out to be a nice idea.

sorry blackdeath, but i dislike kids talking shit about me (even after i wrote a fucking essay, and he dismissed as "/semi trollish stuff"). xonok, if we have reached an understanding, then why the fuck did you imply i share an account with wazzz, and (again) call me a troll? its really fucking obvious the flamebait ur shitting out. not once have i insulted ur wc3 knowledge or skill (which uve done several times to me). ive only attacked your arguments in retaliation to this "I guess you just haven't learned to play any of them".

ive only responded in a trollish/angry manner in response to xonok's shittalk towards me.

Level 21
sorry blackdeath, but i dislike kids talking shit about me (even after i wrote a fucking essay, and he dismissed as "/semi trollish stuff"). xonok, if we have reached an understanding, then why the fuck did you imply i share an account with wazzz, and (again) call me a troll? its really fucking obvious the flamebait ur shitting out. not once have i insulted ur wc3 knowledge or skill (which uve done several times to me). ive only attacked your arguments in retaliation to this "I guess you just haven't learned to play any of them".

ive only responded in a trollish/angry manner in response to xonok's shittalk towards me.

This is not relevant to the thread. If you want to discuss it, then turn on PMs. I can't even send you one...

i liked

how chemical spray did jack shit, and i actually used healing salves a lot more.

force of nature is bad for numerous reasons; you need to be near trees, the treants dont summon close to you unlike water elementals/lava spawns, summoning two units half the strength of one is actually bad as they have lower hp and are more susceptible to dispells. not to mention the absurd mana cost for such a crap ability, as well as the treant's poor stats (low melee dps, low move speed, low hp and armor). maybe if it was lowered to like 100 mana cost and the treants had higher movement speed it would be more viable.

Level 17
I've always thought the shadow hunter sucks. All he does is heal. The in big bad vodoo everyone just attacks him and the channeling stops. Yeah, healing wave is good and serpent ward somewhat good. But his sixth level spell is possibly the worse in the game. And hex could be useful if the unit you wanted to hex didn't have magic immunity and wasn't level 6.

thats why you buy him potion of invulnerability or make him invisible

Level 6
I would have to say the naga sea witch.
First of all the tornado ability SUCKS, (yes i would like to toss all the enemies in the air so i cant attack them) and also i would have given the mana shield ability to a hero that i would actualy want to to take damage like the mountain king or tauran chieftain

Status
Not open for further replies.