• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What's your IQ?

What is your IQ level?

• > 140 Genius

Votes: 34 25.0%
  • 120 - 140 Superior

Votes: 38 27.9%
  • 110 - 119 High

Votes: 20 14.7%
  • 90 - 109 Average

Votes: 10 7.4%
  • 80 - 89 Low

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 70 - 79 Inferior

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • < 70 Retardation

Votes: 12 8.8%
  • Don't Know

Votes: 22 16.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
MY IQ IS >9000

Level 6
I haven't read through the entire thread because my internet is slow as hell and hardly loads.

But I just wanna point out a few simple things:

First off, I've done a real IQ test, and I have about 130-140 IQ, which is insanely high (Which is explained by my neuropsychiatric disorder called Aspergers Syndrome which usually generates high IQ at the expensive of not being able to perform simple tasks in life. Common with people of high IQ).

Second, Both Einstein and Stephen Hawkings haven't taken any IQ tests. But the best guesses are that they both have/had about 140+ IQ, which doesn't sound very high, but by human standards that's well high enough to generate the creative thinking those people display.

Real IQ tests cannot be taken by one person alone, it always requires an observer who determines the actual IQ of the person and not the IQ based on how well you answer the questions on the test.

The IQ of a person is determined not only by how well they answer the questions of an IQ test, because as someone stated, you can practice to be good at those, and then it's not about intelligence, but knowledge rather.
Intelligence is logical thinking, reasoning, and creative thinking. For instance;
All humans are creative, but few of us are Creative by thinking outside the box. People who are known for thinking outside the box are people like Einstein, Hawkings, DaVinci, and so on, who have high enough IQ to break the boundries of common thinking.

My own personal high IQ derives from my incredibly efficient ability to learn new things (Amongst other things). But the downside to having a perk like that, is that I have a very very poor short term memory, so alot of the things I learn go straight out the window because my brain decides for me what it think is worth knowing.

For an observer of an IQ test, it's alot about reading the ACTUAL answers of questions and not the answers you write down.
Ie. 1+1=3 (Reasoning behind that, is that the person who answered it believe everything is made out of fibbonachi sequences) so whilst the answer is mathematically wrong, it by no means indicates low IQ. So determining IQ based on questions solely, cannot be done, which is why online/tv/book-IQ Tests are all bollocks.

If you want to take a real IQ test, contact a psychiatric analyst.

But in essence; High IQ could commonly be referred to as "having a better foundation to be intelligent." Same with people who have better metabolism aren't necessarily strong and bulky, but rather having an easier time getting there, aka. "Better foundation to be athletic".

You could say that the higher IQ you have, the higher handicap you have in life, if you think in golf-terms. :smile:

-Sewora

Level 24
Quantifiable intelligence as a concept is one I find ridiculous.

. 1+1=3 (Reasoning behind that, is that the person who answered it believe everything is made out of fibbonachi sequences) so whilst the answer is mathematically wrong, it by no means indicates low IQ.

If you are presented with 1+1, and answer three you are wrong. If you cannot understand that question, phrased like that you are not very smart.

eal IQ tests cannot be taken by one person alone, it always requires an observer who determines the actual IQ of the person and not the IQ based on how well you answer the questions on the test.

And what, pray, does the observer do? Record the time per-question? Examine their hand-writing?

The IQ of a person is determined not only by how well they answer the questions of an IQ test, because as someone stated, you can practice to be good at those, and then it's not about intelligence, but knowledge rather.

So what the hell is this magical IQ figure determined by?

As a fun fact, IQ was in-fact first used as a method of separating Paris school children into different schools, and was purely question based.

Level 24
People who are known for thinking outside the box are people like Einstein, Hawkings, DaVinci, and so on, who have high enough IQ to break the boundries of common thinking.
Or they just have a high ability to think abstract, also it usually takes a crazy person to create something genious. Oh and its also possible to learn to be creative.

Also the poll smells fishy...

Level 21
Actually, IQ is nothing else as your potencial you can reach in case of thinking, it is NOT AT ALL about your current intelligence, there are people which have IQ of 150 but are not able to use him, if you are highly creative, or you can do maths like easy, it means not that you have high IQ, it just means that you can learn easily (which means not that you have a high IQ), if you have high IQ, you can get solutions for things you never have learned, just by logical extractations of yours, so IQ is just the ability to solve complicated tasks without knowing them before, it is like the potencial of your brain to solve problems.

Level 6
A common question in IQ tests doesn't have a right or wrong answer, like.. Showing you a picture, asking you to find 5 things that are wrong with it. If you have an average IQ, you'd most likely find the 3 easy ones right away, but having trouble finding the 2 difficult ones. Whilst the person with very high IQ finds the 2 difficult ones right away, but just can't find the 3 easy ones.
And that's essentially how you check the IQ of people, by asking a ton of questions, related to both knowledge, and intelligence. And analyzing the way you solve issues. It's not a math test you'd take in school, it's a very carefully crafted "test of ability", and not a "test of knowledge". And it's not "You answered 10 outta 10 questions right, so you get 140 IQ!".
Like most of you most likely imagine it. Because it's not a test to see hwo many right answers you can give, it's a test to see how you solve the issues, even if you give the wrong answers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 6
In all honesty, not that great. 1 in 40 has an IQ over 140. 140 sounds good on paper, but isn't really all that awesome.

Not saying it's awesome, just saying it's high. Some of the world's most intelligent people had/have around 140 IQ. Also, to be part of MENSA you need 140+ IQ.

I'm not surprised if what you say, that 1 outta 40 has an IQ of 140, is true. Because high IQ is becomming more and more common as humanity evolves.

And I just wanna point out what I said earlier, that IQ doesn't make you intelligent, it just means that you have a greater foundation for being intelligent.

Just because you have 140 IQ doesn't mean you're smart enough to actually USE that to your advantage.

I don't think IQ is relevant to anything really, there's no limit to what you can accomplish, no matter what IQ you have. :smile:

PS. Here's a creativity test, it doesn't directly relate to intelligence, but rather your creative ability. Whoever solves it first and PM me with the solution will get a drawing of him/her, made by me, in MS-Paint! (For those who knows my art, knows that I'm at least somewhat good at drawing in MS-Paint :p).

TEST:
Connect all 9 dots with 4 straight lines, without lifing the pen from the paper (Or in this case, releasing the mousebutton.).

Good luck!

Attachments

• CreativityTest.JPG
    CreativityTest.JPG
    9.8 KB · Views: 93
Level 6
Asking people for their IQ is a rather touchy subject. If anyone says "I have high IQ", others read that as "I'm better than you", and if anyone attempts to admit low IQ, people will read that as "I'm a retard".

There's no way a subject like this can be discussed with people who lack the appropriate knowledge of what IQ really is and extends to in reality.

Level 24
I dunno to be honest.
Guess I'm at 70 or lower..
Not that clever to be honest..
Having an IQ of 70 means that you are actually retarded. Not retarded as in stupid as hell, retarded as in you have trouble learning and getting along in life without someone basically babysitting you, even as an adult.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Quantifiable intelligence as a concept is one I find ridiculous.

If you are presented with 1+1, and answer three you are wrong. If you cannot understand that question, phrased like that you are not very smart.

And what, pray, does the observer do? Record the time per-question? Examine their hand-writing?

So what the hell is this magical IQ figure determined by?

As a fun fact, IQ was in-fact first used as a method of separating Paris school children into different schools, and was purely question based.

True, on a maths test you'd be wrong, because they test your skills in mathematics. On a logic test you might be right. Nevertheless, you'd never even get that kind of question on an IQ test, because the questions are universal. Interpretation of patterns is not something that is unique to say Germans - even some uncivilized barbarians would be able to understand it. Though, as I've said before, it is possible to teach oneself to be good at IQ tests, so I don't support IQ as a correct representation of one's intelligence.

Pardon the delayed reply.

Relax, people. I've been reading this thread and the result was that everyone here has high IQ. Just because you consider yourself smart, it doesn't mean that you have higher IQ than most people. Certain tests can approx. extract a value for you.
I have never heard of this term before, but I can tell among these effects the following: inability of organising your thoughts with words.

P.S.: Don't mess around with values of type IQ, since they are not values that exist as pure ones in the physical world. It's an artificial number, a term under convention for most scientists, a trial of the people to detect their egoism, e.g. a "me vs. you".

Level 9
That's pretty much what IQ is about, yup. <.<

True,and i voted "I dont know" because i am to lazy to took the official IQ test,and if i took an ordinary random IQ test from internet it wouldnt help me because those IQ tests from internet are worthless and you can just repeat them until you get 100% correct.

Level 25
True,and i voted "I don't know" because i am too lazy to take an official IQ test, if i took an ordinary random IQ test from the internet it wouldn't help me because those IQ tests from the internet are worthless and you can just repeat them until you get 100% correct.
fixed the grammar errors for you :p

as for the internet IQ tests, people don't usually repeat them, the first one decide the outcome :/ and people can compare their level (you can call it IQ) with other friends on the basis of that test, not the national IQ test one.

Level 13
Well most IQ tests start with an ad like "PARIS HILTON'S IQ IS X I BET YOU ARE NOT THAT SMART." Not very tempting.

Besides, internet tests will always be question based - usually math. So if you suck at math you are, apparently, a retard.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Well most IQ tests start with an ad like "PARIS HILTON'S IQ IS X I BET YOU ARE NOT THAT SMART." Not very tempting.

Besides, internet tests will always be question based - usually math. So if you suck at math you are, apparently, a retard.

It's not maths, you'd never get an algebra equation as a question on an IQ test. Neither addition, subtraction, division or multiplication. It's mostly simple logic, patterns and generally how fast you think (as they run on time).

Level 27
Yeah, I belive there are superior ones (I really have 131-135, I acctually don't remember more acurate now since it was long time ago), and I'm sure there are smarter people than me. But geniouses are really rare and they are too smart for damn internet. Same with retards. we don't have retards at THW. Nor we have geniouses.

Level 24
I took an online IQ test once, it gave me 130ish. The actual IQ test that I took was significantly different.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Meh, I've taken one serious IQ test, issued by the military. In Norway, you're evaluated around the age of 18, in order to determine if you fit in the military or not, and in that case, what divisions would benefit from having you. I had an IQ of 146, and I was perfectly fit for military, apart from my sight, which was slightly bad. (No, I didn't vote genius.)

Level 4
Well, if you want to put things on the same scale (even tough I don't know how accurate the test is, and it's merely orientative), here is a link to a test a mensa guy from denmark has made (or at least, it says that). The test consists of 39 items you have to reply in up to 40 minutes (everything is expained on the page).

Level 4
Well, here goes the result for my test (also I think it is not quite difficult to fake the image, I know I did the test, so think whatever you want)
10gb8kh.jpg

Now, using a normal distribution, it would be

Norm((133-100)/15)=Norm(2.2)=0.9861

normal01.jpg

so it should mean I'm more inteligent than about 98.6% of the world's population, but there's also the deviation and the acuracy of the test (and of course, it's not a know test). So, to take in acount deviation it would be about 95% at bottom and I think 98.6 would be almost the top.

But whatever, I'm still inteligent tough I will never be a genius (test are just useful to compare or classify).

Last edited:

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Spare it for the triple-post when he realizes the image he described did not make it to his post.

Level 4
:mad:
THERE'S AN
edit.gif
BUTTON AT THE BOTTOM OF ALL YOUR POSTS FOR A REASON.

DOUBLE POSTING IS BAD
AND YOU SHOULD FEEL BAD
I assume you haven't ever made a mistake in your whole life then, congrats!

As for all those who posted as if I was a retarded who can't see the
edit.gif
button, I know it's there and why it's there. I just thought it would be clearer that way, a first short post for those who actually want to take the test and a second longer one with a lot of blah, blah about the results and how to make some calculations with them.

Well, it seems I thought wrong, so I apologize for the awful mistake (also for my sarcasm and the fact that I broke this rule: DO NOT post more than once in row. Double, triple etc posters will recieve negative reputation).

And, yeah, it could have gone in a single post anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.