• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Whats your favourite RPG game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
Nothing can beat the Legend of Zelda!
The legend is too great and good no other games can match it. The music owns. The items owns. The enemies are tricky. Every dungeon gives your brain a tease. Not only is it a good challenging game its also good for the mind structure! I can tackle crosswords and puzzles easily thanks do that.

Level 22
Zelda is good, but one problem I found with it was replay value. With games like Diablo 2 and Final Fantasy, you can spend hundreds of hours finding new ways to power up your characters, other then just gaining levels, to beat some super strong monster or whatnot that they threw in just for that purpose. With Zelda, once you beat it, (and the "second quest") there's not much incentive to go back....well, that's just my opinion.
-VGsatomi

Level 4
My favorite is.....

World of Warcraft hahahha!
Ragnarok Online
Knight Online
Mu Online
Matrix Online
and The Sims Online hehehehe

Level 11
/screech of doom

Thread ressurection!!:shock:

My favs are:

WoW
Zelda 64(OoT and MM)
FFVII(never actually finished it, it was too long :roll: )
FFX
FFX-2

Level 8
ZELDA! ZELDA OWNS NOTHING CAN BEAT ZELDA!!!!!!

my fav would have to be Majoras Mask!

others would include: All Final Fantasy's (especially the 2D ones)

and Fable!

Level 22
Well, FF 1,2,3 are hard to come by if you don't have an old famicom emulator... 6 by far had the best story and music of any Final Fantasies in my opinion... It was far ahread of its time in terms of graphics and special effects, but not anything special anymore in those aspects. If only they would remake it with modern graphics...
-VGsatomi

Level 23
Famicom? I thought they were released on the NES..

Anyway.. :p

My favorite RPG's. My list is better than your list. Yes, it is. No arguing now.

- Chrono Trigger
- Terranigma
- Super Mario RPG
- Zelda, a Link to the Past.
- Seiken Denetsu 3

The 16 bit era had the best RPG's available. Nothing, absolutely NOTHING in the 3D era sofar has surpassed the RPG's of that time.

ESPECIALLY not the pieces of anime vomit they call the 'new age' Final Fantasies.

Also, D2 is not an RPG, it's a hack'n'slash adventure-cowgrind.
WoW isn't an RPG either, it's a MMORPG.

Level 7
:p I've tried the 2nd Final Fantasy, lol, yes it was cute, and quite funny - although afterwards, I do blame the early 2d rpg's to have somewhat explicit content at times, and certainly comments! xD

VGsatomi - certainly yes, the sixth game is somewhat more "mature" appearing, than any of the following - why it is my second preffered of the series 8) (Sorry, people but I have yet to see why 7 is the better of it? :? )

@GreyArchon - about D2.... exactly

Level 23
skaterjcp said:
final fantasy 7...duh...and i say it is the best game of all time...cool characters, good story line, and graphics that, at the time, amazed people all around the world, even though now we look at the graphics of ff7 and laugh i think its awsome... 8)

No, even now you look at the graphics at FF7 only to look at Tifa's polygon BEWBS.

ALL FF7 PLAYERS ARE PERVERTS. >:[

Level 7
@lorothrigs - lol, hardly, but probably gonna get accused for being prejudgemental, since nobody is gonna believe you tried it :roll: - that is, if you at the same time say you like rpg....

@LORD -Vindic@tor- - aye, I Agree 8)

Chrono Trigger (SNES Version) it tops all of squares other products...In fact any RPG products, some of your may be before the SNES era, or after it iono but if u played Chrono Trigger, you'd know that sooo many games have [tried] to take ideas from the battle system.

Also, its inspired countless "remake" projects, if u type "Chrono Trigger Remake" on google im sure you'd get about 500 about some remake.

Level 9
-Vindic@tor- said:
lol, yeah, right! :lol:

If SpellForce can be called RPG (I think, it's more like a RPG/Strategy-hybrid), I'd like to name this.

Spellforce is a great game & played it though its written in the box the word "STRATEGY" but i think theres a bit of RPG in it. I voted for that game. Sometimes its very hard to play this game w/ only 256 MB memory.

Level 2
I liked mario & luigi superstar saga gameboy rom, very funny game rpg I thought & and diablo 2 xpac since 4 years, I already quit soft and hardcore quite boring after all these years. Come on WOW hope its good when I get it.

Level 5
Zelda
FF series
Mario RPG's

Ozma was easy after fiquring out his pattern, the weapon in FF8 was easy, never really cared about the weapons in FF7, FF10 was too easy, but the super bosses are fun, FFX-2 is sort of easy, FF3 was easy, FF2 was easy, Paper Mario 1 and 2 were very fun, Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars was fun, the WHOLE Zelda series is fun.

Level 5
omg! Morrowind! and NWN! so addictive games!

of course, i would say WoW, but since it is a mmorpg.. ah, i love it anyway. it's a great game and got me hooked. and now with the beta down, and the game being released here on friday.. I'm bored to death >_<

Level 2
probably ...
1. final fantasy VII
2. LoZ: OoT
3: tales of symphonia
4: final fantasy IX
5. u could say the missions in warcraft 3... they are kinda rpg style.
6: final fantasy X
7: Icewind Dale II[/img]

Level 23
CorpseFire said:
GreyArchon said:
Also, D2 is not an RPG, it's a hack'n'slash adventure-cowgrind.
WoW isn't an RPG either, it's a MMORPG.

in D2 u have a role that you play as a hero in a game[/b]

And in Bricks, I play the roll of the magnificent Slider, who bounces the ball back when it comes down, thus hitting more bricks.

Silence!

No.

Shh.

Ah!

Hush.

Status
Not open for further replies.