• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Front Mission series

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Yeah, Front Mission has always been my favourite turn based RPG. I was wondering is this game well known with you guys? Seems like there's fairly less mecha fans in this forum. (I may be mistaken, since there's hardly any mech-related maps being discussed here)

Level 34
Yeah, Front Mission has always been my favourite turn based RPG. I was wondering is this game well known with you guys? Seems like there's fairly less mecha fans in this forum. (I may be mistaken, since there's hardly any mech-related maps being discussed here)
I want to see some new stuff besides Armored Core. AC 4 was awesome, but I'd like to see some Mech Warrior and perhaps something new.

Front Mission was a cool game, but I only got a small taste of (I think it was number 4) it at my cousins house a long time ago.

Level 2
Hmm I'm not too fond of AC4's controls. The previous versions is much more, technical and requires skills to really really pilot well. In the new series, the movements is fairly too simple and arcade-ish. Being a hardcore fan myself, I thirst for realistic mecha-piloting games. AC4's just too, arcade-ish. Made the gameplay suck as hell :(

I mean, you don't need to aim ANYMORE in AC4. As long as you have visual over your enemy you can shoot. I know technology helps and all, but this makes the gameplay suck @@;; Not to mention the quick boosts are a bit too hax. With proper energy consumption controls, you can dodge all attacks. -All- And it's not too hard to master at all.

FM4 huh XD That was the first series I played lolz. After that I continued with FM1 - 3 and lastly played FM5, even though it was Japanese version only. Geez they should've translated it. Stupid squeenix. I suppose Front Mission isn't too popular at all over at the states or generally anywhere except Japan.

Do you guys know of Front Mission Online? Nifty mecha piloting game, FPS/Armored Core styled MMO. I never had the chance to try it out though, since it was only released in Japan. And the game stopped it's service since May if I'm not mistaken. Meh...

Level 34
Hmm I'm not too fond of AC4's controls. The previous versions is much more, technical and requires skills to really really pilot well. In the new series, the movements is fairly too simple and arcade-ish. Being a hardcore fan myself, I thirst for realistic mecha-piloting games. AC4's just too, arcade-ish. Made the gameplay suck as hell :(

I mean, you don't need to aim ANYMORE in AC4. As long as you have visual over your enemy you can shoot. I know technology helps and all, but this makes the gameplay suck @@;; Not to mention the quick boosts are a bit too hax. With proper energy consumption controls, you can dodge all attacks. -All- And it's not too hard to master at all.

FM4 huh XD That was the first series I played lolz. After that I continued with FM1 - 3 and lastly played FM5, even though it was Japanese version only. Geez they should've translated it. Stupid squeenix. I suppose Front Mission isn't too popular at all over at the states or generally anywhere except Japan.

Do you guys know of Front Mission Online? Nifty mecha piloting game, FPS/Armored Core styled MMO. I never had the chance to try it out though, since it was only released in Japan. And the game stopped it's service since May if I'm not mistaken. Meh...
I hated the old controls. It was like piloting a robot from the 70s. Only a hardcore fan would want the old controls back. :p

I'll see if I can find anything about FM online.

Status
Not open for further replies.