• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Custom RoC Campaing difficult issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello guys, I'm glad to be around with the community. First of all, excuse my english, I'll try to make me understand:

So I'm "remastering" or "rebooting" RoC and TFT Campaings, using custom models and trying to be more loyal to Wow history, adding some known characters and surprises here and there.
Right now I just finished "Exodus of the Horde" with the whole 5 missions. When I test them in Hard Difficult they all run fine; but when I play the campaing as a Custom Campaing and start playing Hard Difficult, the next mission seems to be in Normal Difficult instead of Hard Difficult. My question is, why this happens? is there any way to fix it? Or I need to finish the mission, go back to menu, pick Hard difficult again and select the next one every time?

Level 28
The difficulty resets automaticaly to Normal when you click "Continue" on the victory dialogue for custom campaigns afaik. You'll need to go back to the menu to reset the difficulty every time you finish a level.
Another solution, is to use a difficulty dialogue to let the player select the difficulty at the start of each level.

Take a look at Turnro's campaigns for example.

Level 3
did you try picking hard difficulty in the start? or is it still normal?

Yeah, as Warseeker says, I pick "Hard difficult" but when continue to the next level, the next one seems to be in Normal difficult

The difficulty resets automaticaly to Normal when you click "Continue" on the victory dialogue for custom campaigns afaik. You'll need to go back to the menu to reset the difficulty every time you finish a level.
Another solution, is to use a difficulty dialogue to let the player select the difficulty at the start of each level.

Take a look at Turnro's campaigns for example.

Well, yeah, I guess that's a solution. Thanks fr replay. Is there any other option?

Level 28
Is there any other option?
Yes, there is another solution, but it's more complicated.

What you need you to do is to store the game difficulty using Game Cache :

First of all, you'll need to create a variable of type "Real" and name it "DifficultyLevel" or whatever you like.

Then you store the difficulty like this :

• Save Difficulty
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Difficulty level) Equal to Easy
        • Then - Actions
          • Set DifficultyLevel = 1.00
        • Else - Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • (Difficulty level) Equal to Normal
        • Then - Actions
          • Set DifficultyLevel = 2.00
        • Else - Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • (Difficulty level) Equal to Hard
        • Then - Actions
          • Set DifficultyLevel = 3.00
        • Else - Actions
      • -------- Save Game Difficulty --------
      • Game Cache - Create a game cache from Difficulty.w3v
      • Game Cache - Store DifficultyLevel as Difficulty of Difficulty in (Last created game cache)
      • Game Cache - Save (Last created game cache)
Now that the difficulty is being stored. You'll need to reload the difficulty in other chapters/levels
  • Reload Difficulty
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Game Cache - Create a game cache from Difficulty.w3v
      • Set DifficultyLevel = (Load DifficultyLevel of Difficulty from (Last created game cache))
        • If - Conditions
          • DifficultyLevel Equal to 1.00
        • Then - Actions
          • -------- DO YOUR STUFF HERE --------
        • Else - Actions
          • Do nothing
        • If - Conditions
          • DifficultyLevel Equal to 2.00
        • Then - Actions
        • Else - Actions
          • Do nothing
        • If - Conditions
          • DifficultyLevel Equal to 3.00
        • Then - Actions
        • Else - Actions
          • Do nothing
And so on...

Beware though, you can't change anymore the game difficulty in the menu of the campaign once you save the game difficulty with Game Cache. The difficulty will remain as it is no matter what difficulty you select in the menu.

Edit : Here's a test campaign that might help you :

Attachments

• TestCampaign.w3n
    36.6 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.