• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Import] Campaing imported path data problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there...
Well, I'm creating a campaign... Things were easy and smooth until now.
However I got a really annoying problem with the path of imported files in the campaign maps.
I used only the campaign import tool to import models ands stuff to preserve file size in the maps... But... I just added a new map to the campaign and when a clicked to edit it and opened the map all the custom data paths were set to 'mapImported' and not 'campImported', this way they won't show in the editor, and I think not even in the game. Why the hell the editor is trying to read map imported data when the custom doodoad/unit is from the campaing editor?

The question is...
-It is needed to set manually all the paths to campImported? For the map to read from the campaing import manager.
-Or the editor should really set the campaign custom data as campImported already? If yes... What's wrong then? Why the path are set to mapImported?

It's a bit hard to edit a map with all of those green boxes xD

Yes, all the imported stuff are from the campaign import manager
Yes, all the custom data are also from the campaign
Yes, the map is already in the campaing and I used the 'Edit' button in the campaign editor

here is the campaign file if anyone want to take a look (don't mind the third map)

Attachments

• WATB - A Path to Ruin.w3n
    30.5 MB · Views: 81
Yes, in the campaign editor it works fine... There are the "campImported" path in all the objects.

The problem is about the map... In the map the campaign custom stuff have the "mapImported" instead the "campImported"
This makes the object editor try to use custom stuff from the map import manager (that is empty) instead of the campaing import (where everything is)... This way, all the customized unit/doodoads appear as a green box inside the editor.

Anyone?
Please, I really need help with this
It will be hard to keep the project on without knowing what to do.
D:

Ahm, found out what was going on.
Thanks Darkgrom for trying.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.