• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Solved] Importing Data in Campaign Editor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
If I import object data and model/texture/etc. files via the campaign editor, are they usable by all maps within the campaign? Or do I have to import that data directly into the maps themselves?

(If there is a tutorial somewhere that covers this, I would be most appreciative for a point in that direction)

Level 14
If you use the campaign editor instead of the object editor you can import things to use throughout all the maps in the campaign. You can also use the campaign editor to make custom units, doodads, items, abilities, etc that will work for all maps within the campaign.

Once you make a campaign just right click in the Map Files space under the General tab of the campaign editor and add a map.

Keep in mind you can also edit things individually if you only need to import or edit things in certain maps. You can just use the regular importer or object editor for that. Unfortunately there is no trigger editor that allows you to use triggers for the entire campaign (this would be useful for hero abilities and stuff) Instead you have to open a map, make a trigger, copy the trigger, open another map in the campaign, and paste it. Luckily once you have opened the maps you can use the Window menu to quickly switch between them.

One more useful thing. You can use custom gameplay constants and game interface throughout the campaign. Just make sure you are on the General Tab of the campaign editor then in the Edit menu you can find them at the bottom.

Status
Not open for further replies.