• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help with importing object data?

Level 4
Hi guys.
So I'm currently trying to create a campaign and I've already created the first map, using new icons inplace of Footman. So I then export all my object data and Imported files - then I create my 2nd map.

On the 2nd map, I import all the object and imported data (F12) and everything is imported well. But I have to re-assign all the icons and models. Am I doing something wrong where I need to manually reassign everything again? I tried doing this on the Campaign data as well, hoping it'd help since its under the Campaign data but it doesn't work. The 2nd map I will still need to manuall assign each of the new icon.

In the end, I can do this this but it's really time consuming. Is there a method that I should be doing when it comes to exporting object data and their imported files and not having to manually configure the path in a new map?

Level 20
All your imports should be done via the Imported files section of the Campaign editor, you shouldn't need to import anything in F12 at all. Same things goes for the F6 editor, do everything in the Campaign editor instead otherwise you'll need to re-create stuff on every map