1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Choose your ride to damnation in the 5th Special Effect Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The winners of the 13th Techtree Contest have been announced!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The 13th Music Contest Poll has begun! Vote for the best tracks in this symphony of frost and flame.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

What's your country like??

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by redragex, Jan 10, 2009.

1. 3rgytr54

3rgytr54

Resources:
    Models:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I live in a town. Its a nice town its a suburb of New York City, why I have no clue. (2hrs away is considered a suburb). Kingston is the name- British tried burning it, original seat of the New York state government. Major crime is a slight problem that is on the decline. This is one historic town, I mean, hugely. The High School is old- they just keep adding buildings to a non-expanding campus. Here is the Wikipedia page on it Kingston, New York - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Not a thing you want to say to some people, can you explain the again?

Do you people really hate him that much? Some of the tax breaks he did are healing the economy not hurting it-

Inflation- it happens.

2. redragex

redragex

Resources:
    Resources:
    it looks like a really old place... but nevertheless it could be a great place to vist when i travel to America again

3. Airandius

Airandius

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    While I prefer warmer climates as well, it is sucky not to have snow in the winter.
    It just removes the whole winter feeling especially at X-mas.

And yes we have a C-climate, water changes temperature slower it will make summers a bit less warm and winters a bit warmer.

EDIT: @ 3rgytr54

I said again because the Americans caused an economical crisis before.
    This was at 24 October 1929, a economical crisis that affected the whole world.
    It was mainly caused by the back then popular way of life called: "live now, pay later".

4. reza sword2

reza sword2

Resources:
    Resources:
    I live in a land, where there is cockroaches. It's called "Indonesia". Noobinjass and I are neighbours. Our house are so close. He lives like...100 km (perhaps more) from my place. How awesome is that?

I also use to live in Melbourne where we have a magical place full of stores and shops called "The City". Awesome place. There are poles, with lights. There are boxes on wheels. Magical.

Note: I'm not very sanguine at the moment.

5. nastyboy_44

nastyboy_44

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    My country, Philippines, is a beautiful archipelago with rich resources.
    It has 7,107 islands and islets but we only consider 3 main islands; Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao.
    It is a third world country only because our citizens can make great work individually but makes crap when all together. We are democratic republic, but somehow our president want to change that.
    We have beautiful tourist spots, but because of crapmanship and pollution, Philippines is now CRAP with our POLITICS.
    Somehow, the government preserved some spots and they are still beautiful.
    And I still love the country, the people and the food. (Coconut Pie \m/, Pandesal \m/, Dried Fish \m/!!)

But if I found that Philippines is inhabitable already for me, I would go there and leave Qatar.

Qatar is now where I live, it is extremely hot at summer and extremely cold at winter.
    Qatar is a very rich country, nuff said.
    Qatar is not my home, I miss Philippines.

6. Kimbo

Kimbo

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Australia, Victoria, A small town.

The weather is fine, surprising this Summer is the coldest we have ever had, usually its melting hot and I would faint pretty much daily.
    Towns are nice, i live in a small one, never lived in a big city so im abit more isolated than most. If you want to know how Aussie schools are like then go watch "Summer heights high".

I use to live in QueensLand (another state in Australia) where it was very hot and very wet, hot sticky days and the air was filled with the stereotypical Aussie way of life.

We have alot of snakes here, not so much in the city/towns but if you live away from there be sure to find a snake, heck just go fishin' and you may see a snake swimming down the river. I rarely seen Kangas around these parts, sometimes when I go to NSW (another state) which is afew minutes away, whole gangs of them leaping across the farms and paddocks. Farmers see them as a pest, shoot them and eat them even if they are one of our most iconic critters.

Cant say iv lived in the more Aussy Outback places of Australia, but I have heard it is deadly hot.

Our government is moderate, our justice system for criminals is pathetic (5-15years jail for a murder, famous gangland murderer killed 4 people and has 35years in jail). I like the fact we have welfare here in between jobs for support so you arnt eventually left homeless.

Ehh..the rest, not much else to talk about....but we did have a case of a large group of Anonymous rioting at the Church of Scientolgy nearby somewhere.

7. 3rgytr54

3rgytr54

Resources:
    Models:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Sounds like an uneventful place Kimberly

Ok, Thought was what you meant- "live now, pay later" life style had resumed, but not just here.

8. sirevil

sirevil

Resources:
    Resources:
    I live in the US (yes i know, boo) and i'm from around LA. and if you call 90F (32C)+ summers, and 50(10)-60(15) winters nice then this is where you want to be

and here part of the area, and we have beaches (but water often cold)
    My Stomping Grounds by ~Sirevil on deviantART

9. Paladon

Paladon

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Well, i am from Germany.
    Germany is located in the middle of europe, and i´m living in the northern part,
    in the Free and Hanseatic City of Hamburg!
    I like Hamburg, what may i leave here about Hamburg...it´s very green (many parks), it´s very rainy aswell, but the constructive attitude of us is still somehow optimistic and relaxed.
    Hamburg has been (and still is) an important commercial town, relying mostly on our harbour which is one of the largest ones worldwide.
    Hamburg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Germany offers a laaaarge variety of attitudes which differ from region to region.
    I lived in the southern part of Germany (Bavaria, Viechtach) for a year, and i really have to say that the people there are simply more...communicative and receptive than in the north.
    The northern part of germany is very flat. There are nearly no hills or mountains whileas there is the "Harz" in the middle of Germany, a couple of mountains.
    Travelling into southern direction we slowly but steadily notice the Alps.
    The biggest agglomeration of cities and inhabitants is located in the "Ruhr area", the (north-)western part of germany (Check it out with Google Maps and zoom in ^.^).

Can´t think of more currently. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Well, i post some pics from Hamburg:
    Hamburg

[​IMG]

Moar Hamburg
    [​IMG]

Much moar Hamburg
    [​IMG]

10. Belgarath

Belgarath

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Blenheim, New Zealand, one of the most beautiful countries left alive (/boast :D). End of last year, I went to the West Coast on a school trip to do one of "The Great Walks of NZ", the Hollyford. It was damn awesome, not just the experience, but also the nature and the beauty of it. Blenheim is a small-ish town in the Northern part of the South Island, about 30,000 inhabitants. I moved here about 3 weeks ago - damn hot, cooling down now - we had 40 degrees C earlier last week.
    New Zealand is a great country, beautiful in the nature, unpolluted, with some of the most amazing sights of the world - Mt Cook, Central Otago, Abel Tasman National Park, Golden Bay, Fiordland. All sorts of stuff.

And some pictures:
    Mt Cook(ie): http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/29/Aoraki-Mount_Cook_from_Hooker_Valley.jpg
    Abel Tasman National Park: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/47/Abel_Tasman_National_Park_beach_autumn.jpg
    Milford Sound: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/42/MilfordSound.jpg

11. MasterHaosis

MasterHaosis

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well I live in Serbia in Nis city! Serbia is one country on Balkan in Europe! There in summer are hot, in winter are cold with snow weather sometimes! Well we have financial collapse always not just last year! But its because we are surrounded by many other bad countries!
    Well our girls are just like that, if you don't believe me just tell me I have lot of girl! So i will have some for you (hoho people this was the biggest lying in my life but psss.. don't tell anyone) ! Okay our towns are not bad at all but they can be better lot. Kids are not good at all, they drink to much, smoke, drugs... Well most of them are monkeys! Yeah we have forests, we have fresh air there, in summer our country is rich lot with fruits and such... And what is the most important in Serbia we still have fresh water! Yes!
    Anyway what more to say... No so much money.. but we have .. some.. little.... at least... yeah our government are all thieves! I would kill them all or throw one bomb at senat! I would executed them anyway. They are all liars! Thy lied people all time about many htings repeating same :,,DOn't worry it will be better!" better yes my ass, every day black more and more :haosis: Anyway it is funny to live in Serbia except like in every country, so here are so hard to find job. Anyway that's it .... for now...

12. Vercas

Vercas

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Romania :
    I live in an apartament, nice and neat.
    In my building's backyard is some1 else's property, surrounded by an electric fence and with guard dogs :grin:
    In front of my building is a shop.
    My neighbors are throwing shit at my window :razz:
    I am never bored, dogs are crawling here and they are always making new dogs :wink:(dog sex...). They are wild dogs, no1 knows why but that dogs are breaking their natural law.
    My hood is kinda nice, no railroads, no buses, quite a few cars.
    The shop in front of my building is a victim of stealers about 2 times a month :razz:
    What else can I say... I am too smart to be electrocutated by the electric fence, and I am also too smart to be a victim of the dogs. I feed them every day :wink:
    My brother is a monkey for me, so I have "exotic" animals here, too :grin:
    For more info, think about yourself :xxd:

13. Hoernchen

Hoernchen

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I come from Germany, parents from Romania/Serbia and I have moved to Australia a few years ago.

If I had to pick I'd pick Germany, no wonder there, because that is where I spent most my life. I like other countries too and no country is all good/bad.

Germany:
    + Smart people (at least those i hang out with, by smart I mean they read books, Nietzsche, Schopenhauer, etc.)
    + Very Active (people go on demonstrations and are politically active, everyone has a political opinion [in my group left :D])
    + Very fucking nice food (no, not sauerkraut and wieners)
    + Very productive country (we make good products, good music, good books, good games, thoughts)
    + Good booze, and you can drink when you are 16 legally
    - Weather (rainy, cold)
    - Asshole groups (Nazis [I haven't actually seen one yet, but I know they are there], Gangsters....)
    - East Germany (no seriously, why did we pay for this?)
    - Soccer Fanatics (omg, they are like zealots)

Australia:
    + Nice Weather
    + Beach
    + Diverse nationalities (made friends with chinese, japanese, ethiopian, etc people)
    + Chaser's War on Everything
    - Shit School System
    - Food is worst I have ever seen (Vegemite?? VEGEMITE!!)
    - Really gay laws (wear a bike helmet? no bb guns? getting a license = fucked, etc...)
    - A freaking island. Transport is a huge issue. I can't just drive 30 mins to cross the border, like I used to.
    - US & Australia relations. Could there be any more ass kissing?
    - Muzzas. I hate them. But I have a feeling they are everywhere, not just here.

Romania:
    + Omg, everything is so cheap! I can have like a feast for €10.
    + Nice people
    + Very lax laws (who cares if I buy a BB Shotgun when I am 12?)
    - A poor country (it is nice to visit, but living there...)
    I can't really say more, I only visited it in holidays.

14. DarkIron Dwarf

DarkIron Dwarf

Resources:
    Resources:
    Now this makes you think of what country you might want to live in and it gives you some peoples opinions from the people who live there.

15. redragex

redragex

Resources:
    Resources:
    lol, just to let you all know i don't actually live on an uninhabited desert in WA. I actaully live in VIC Melbourne, it's quite cool actually, except my suburb, mornings are alright, but when it's dark you got gangs and shit hanging around at the train stations. There's already been a couple of shootings i think and some one who was killed. Not a safe place at night...

16. Hoernchen

Hoernchen

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    It isn't about the country, it is 100% about the people in it. The country matters too, but given that the country has a certain standard of living quality, then the only thing that matters are the people.

17. VeljkoM

VeljkoM

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I am from Serbia, city of Kragujevac.It is right in the middle of Serbia.
    We have problems like everybody else in this world.Corrupted politic is normal thing here.People usually vote for guy who seems less corrupted.I am wandering why do we even vote?
    Nature is great here I like to go for holidays on mountains....
    People are OK I guess.But there is to much of hatred here.We hate almost all of our neighbours and of course big countries.I try not to be raceist and I have nothing against Croatia and such.
    Prices are skyhigh because of the small pay.
    But still we are patriotic country and we live no mater what.

18. Callahan

Callahan

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I live in France in Nancy at the very eastern part of France after alsace.
    It's European wide town because it's border zone of many contry (Belgium,Germany,Luxembourg)?
    I've hung up with some nice libertarian/ecologist/altermondialist group crossing there.
    They're very soldaire in trouble.

Rent is rather cheap in France.
    Criminal rate is average.

Oh and it's polluted at some part because mountains block the wind and trap the pollution so it can't get carried away by the wind.I guess windy country is not that bad after all.

Although geopraphicaly talking France has much to be envyed.
    Talking about mountains thery're nice when it comes to skiing.
    We also have nice beach.
    There's also a swamp in Camaaaargh...I mean Camargue.
    So no need to go too far for holiday.
    I think I'm a lucky bastard on that part.
    We also have one shitty president.
    I just hope he'll die on a domestic accident.
    Less lucky on that part.But whatever almost every governement suck.

Paris is what they call a megalopolis so it's a worldwide citytown.
    Everything tend to be centralized to Paris.Sometime you have no choice but to go to Paris like for studying.

blablabla....

oh and did I mention that we have an Eiffel tower?

19. Ingwar

Ingwar

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hi, I'm from Croatia, a neighbour country of Serbia where VeljkoM (two posts up) lives. As he says our nations hate each other becouse of a war 18 years ago. I must say my country is very beautiful concerning landscape and nature. I live in a small village but don't think of cows and chickens right away. We are a very modern village and I love it. Very green in spring and very white in winter. Main entertainment for me and my friends is joining our PCs in my room for Dota and CNC3.

20. VeljkoM

VeljkoM

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Just to remind I don't hate anyone because of his nationality.So I don't hate Croatians.