• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What's your country like??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I live in São Paulo, southeast of Brazil. I live in the suburbs, on the east part of the city. the metropolis is 10 miles from my house. The temperature varies from 10°C in the winter, and 35°C in the summer. The city is plently of green parks to pratice sports. The streets are full of gangsters, drugdealers, punks, skinheads, emos and other shit, but it is still a coll place to live.

Level 26
I live in the small village of California in the poor, suburban country of America. I have to take my SUV a whole mile before I get to a supermarket where I can get water. Sometimes, it rains. Sometimes, it becomes mildly humid in its warmth. A few days ago, we experienced our hottest winter ever. I had trouble surviving in the community swimming pool.

Level 34
I live in the small village of California in the poor, suburban country of America. I have to take my SUV a whole mile before I get to a supermarket where I can get water. Sometimes, it rains. Sometimes, it becomes mildly humid in its warmth. A few days ago, we experienced our hottest winter ever. I had trouble surviving in the community swimming pool.

Since when did they lower the minimum age for a driver license?

Level 10
I live in the USA. Yeah yeah, Bush sucked, but now with Obama coming into office I really hope America is liked again. Specifically I live in California Bay area where it is really nice. Summer temperature goes to about 90º farenheit (is that how you spell it :p) and in winter it is 65-70º farenheit so its really nice.

Level 1
I live in the USA. Yeah yeah, Bush sucked, but now with Obama coming into office I really hope America is liked again. Specifically I live in California Bay area where it is really nice. Summer temperature goes to about 90º farenheit (is that how you spell it :p) and in winter it is 65-70º farenheit so its really nice.

But it must be nice, here in the Hudson Valley, our summers are 105 degrees (rather hot) and winters can be sub-zero. With feet upon feet of backbreaking snow.

~3rgytr54 (my other account is uhh e-mail-less, still working on it.)

Also- Obama should not be held to different standards-

Level 11
lol, whats so bad about it?

Well...
1017.jpg

bucharest-romania-driving-is-a-challenge.jpg

Level 27
I live in a small pleasant town in Washington, USA. We all live together swell. We help each other out of our snowy driveways and we swap around washing machines and dryers without so much as a swear word. We eat well enough and most of us have what we really need, even if we don't have everything we want, but we manage to have fun nonetheless. Yes, it is quite a good place to be.

Don't fag it up with your bad attitudes by coming here. :mad:

Pessimists Not Welcome.

Level 18
Sofia, Bulgaria, Balkan peninsula, Southeastern Europe.

Right now, the country is a mess. During the first half of January it was snowing intensively, but even in our beloved capital city noone (not even the municipality) cared for stuff like cleaning up the snow. For 3 weeks part of the snow used to melt during the day and freeze during the night so there was a strong possibility that you fall while walking on the street or have a car crash while driving.

If it was just that, "с мед да го намажеш" as we say ("all would feel sweet like honey"). But it's not.

Since the Communist reign formally fell in 1989, they are still on the top. First, the Communst Party passed their money to some muscular sport player guys with shadowy intentions that became "мутри" (gangsters) ("мутра" originally means ugly face) and built up the mafia. There was an attempt of the newly formed opposition to establish a democratic government which was shortly thereafter sabotaged by the communists and eventually the country was driven to economic crisis in 1996 (the average salary was like 5 dollars). Then a democratic government was established again and its members did much to pull Bulgaria out of the crisis, repair the economics, switch the political orientation from pro-Russian to pro-European and improve the living standard. After that, the former King returned (he was banished as a child by the Communists in 1946) and was awarded with enormous trust on the next elections for government. As a result the democratic party (United forces of Democracy) fell in disarray and its leader Ivan Kostov (the former Prime Minister) split off. The politics of the former King's government disappointed the nation and lead to further spreading of corruption and the "gangster war" in the mafia. However the negotiations for joining the European Union, began by the democratic government, proceeded and the country became a member of NATO as well.
In 2005, because of disappointment and lack of voting activity, the Communists were elected and together with the King's party and the Turkish ethnical party (!) established the so-called Triple Coalition. This was an unfortunate turn of the events because although we joined the EU in 2007, corruption and the outrageous behavior of our politicians towards the opposition AND the European observers (there were several great scandals about corruption and the government openly stated that the EU is trying to strike at Bulgaria's economics without a real reason) lead to a number of warnings that Bulgaria will be expelled from the Union.

If you're asking about the situation right now and did read everything above, the following will sound logical:

1. Because of disappointment from the previous governments few people are voting but the senior members of the society that only sit in their homes and do nothing still cast their vote for the Communist party as they always have.
2. Ahmed Dogan, the leader of the Turkish ethnical party (ДПС, "Movement for Rights and Freedoms ") is in charge of all corruption schemes and basically he is the one who rules the country. ДПС's structures are almost as secretive as Cosa Nostra.
3. The remaining gangsters have established their own small kingdoms in the various regions with the country and even the local authorities just sit and watch.
4. With the recent gas crisis which we suffered in January as Russia and Ukraine have a scandal over gas deliveries, there is a pressure on the government to review the energetics of the country so we're not dependent on just one source. This results in protests in front of the Parliament where football fang go just to thrash someone and the cops do the same with the others.
5. Young population is getting dumber and dumber, you are considered a nerd if you don't look like this.
6.Out of disappointment, the majority of juniors want to leave the country after graduating. I, for one, wish to try to improve the situation. Yeah... Sounds like I'm high.

Level 18
Oh, and I forgot the most important. While the Communists are constantly winning elections after elections because of the senior generation (the members of which were workers and former party members and were living well during the Communist reign) the ДПС does the following: first, all Muslims and Turks vote for them; second, they buy the votes of the gypsies and drive them with busses to MULTIPLE places so they vote multiple times.

And tell me, is that a democracy?

Level 15
VeljkoM and Haosis said pretty much everything. But the life in Serbia ain't that bad.
As Haosis said we have clean drinkable water, hot girls and so on...
Prices are high for us but for people from richer countries are not.
We have "Meeting in Guca","EXIT","The Ibar slide"(who knows how to translate this right?),"Kopaonik montain"...
Our food is ownage, not as good as giros but its ok. We have "Sarma","Kacamak","Kiseli Kupus","Prebranac","Karadzordzeva kobasica" and so on you can find all these on the google image search, I can translate most of these(none suitable words).
We never have gay parades which is why I love our football fans.Last time some americans organised a gay parade in the center of Belgrade, guess what happened?
They ran into our football fans. Well they details should be censored, but let me just say there are no gays in Serbia after that event. And we are almost not afected by the economical crysis.
We have 2.5L Pepsi. Summers are hot (up to 40C) and winters are ... well I haven't seen decent snow in years.(ussualy above 5C never below -5). Piracy is very active.
No people I know, hate croatians or anyone from ex YU.
Bad things: Slow net but decent, worst educational program ever made, bad bands, bad goverment.

Level 15
Ok I'll translate the food.
Sarma: Grinned meat rolled in cabbage.
Kiseli kupus: Acid cabbage.
Kacamak: no idea
Prebranac: Beans but a bit different.
Karadzordzeva kobasica: the best sausage in the world.
Well what is so wrong with having active piracy in your country?
Angry gay people, oh noez!
Greek Giros is pwnge.

Level 11
CEVAPI!!!!!

I dont know how to translate that. Its the best food ever!!

I am from Serbia also. VeljkoM, Haosis and velm sed everything there is.

But about economic crisis did touch us. But its not that noticable because goverment "cash infunzions". Ceaps euro/dinar value in normal bounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.