• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What's your country like??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 34
Well I live in Serbia in Nis city! Serbia is one country on Balkan in Europe! There in summer are hot, in winter are cold with snow weather sometimes! Well we have financial collapse always not just last year! But its because we are surrounded by many other bad countries!
Well our girls are just like that, if you don't believe me just tell me I have lot of girl! So i will have some for you (hoho people this was the biggest lying in my life but psss.. don't tell anyone) ! Okay our towns are not bad at all but they can be better lot. Kids are not good at all, they drink to much, smoke, drugs... Well most of them are monkeys! Yeah we have forests, we have fresh air there, in summer our country is rich lot with fruits and such... And what is the most important in Serbia we still have fresh water! Yes!
Anyway what more to say... No so much money.. but we have .. some.. little.... at least... yeah our government are all thieves! I would kill them all or throw one bomb at senat! I would executed them anyway. They are all liars! Thy lied people all time about many htings repeating same :,,DOn't worry it will be better!" better yes my ass, every day black more and more :haosis: Anyway it is funny to live in Serbia except like in every country, so here are so hard to find job. Anyway that's it .... for now...

Level 21
Romania :
I live in an apartament, nice and neat.
In my building's backyard is some1 else's property, surrounded by an electric fence and with guard dogs :grin:
In front of my building is a shop.
My neighbors are throwing shit at my window :razz:
I am never bored, dogs are crawling here and they are always making new dogs :wink:(dog sex...). They are wild dogs, no1 knows why but that dogs are breaking their natural law.
My hood is kinda nice, no railroads, no buses, quite a few cars.
The shop in front of my building is a victim of stealers about 2 times a month :razz:
What else can I say... I am too smart to be electrocutated by the electric fence, and I am also too smart to be a victim of the dogs. I feed them every day :wink:
My brother is a monkey for me, so I have "exotic" animals here, too :grin:
For more info, think about yourself :xxd:

Level 10
I come from Germany, parents from Romania/Serbia and I have moved to Australia a few years ago.

If I had to pick I'd pick Germany, no wonder there, because that is where I spent most my life. I like other countries too and no country is all good/bad.

Germany:
+ Smart people (at least those i hang out with, by smart I mean they read books, Nietzsche, Schopenhauer, etc.)
+ Very Active (people go on demonstrations and are politically active, everyone has a political opinion [in my group left :D])
+ Very fucking nice food (no, not sauerkraut and wieners)
+ Very productive country (we make good products, good music, good books, good games, thoughts)
+ Good booze, and you can drink when you are 16 legally
- Weather (rainy, cold)
- Asshole groups (Nazis [I haven't actually seen one yet, but I know they are there], Gangsters....)
- East Germany (no seriously, why did we pay for this?)
- Soccer Fanatics (omg, they are like zealots)

Australia:
+ Nice Weather
+ Beach
+ Diverse nationalities (made friends with chinese, japanese, ethiopian, etc people)
+ Chaser's War on Everything
- Shit School System
- Food is worst I have ever seen (Vegemite?? VEGEMITE!!)
- Really gay laws (wear a bike helmet? no bb guns? getting a license = fucked, etc...)
- A freaking island. Transport is a huge issue. I can't just drive 30 mins to cross the border, like I used to.
- US & Australia relations. Could there be any more ass kissing?
- Muzzas. I hate them. But I have a feeling they are everywhere, not just here.

Romania:
+ Omg, everything is so cheap! I can have like a feast for €10.
+ Nice people
+ Very lax laws (who cares if I buy a BB Shotgun when I am 12?)
- A poor country (it is nice to visit, but living there...)
I can't really say more, I only visited it in holidays.

Level 7
lol, just to let you all know i don't actually live on an uninhabited desert in WA. I actaully live in VIC Melbourne, it's quite cool actually, except my suburb, mornings are alright, but when it's dark you got gangs and shit hanging around at the train stations. There's already been a couple of shootings i think and some one who was killed. Not a safe place at night...

Level 21
I am from Serbia, city of Kragujevac.It is right in the middle of Serbia.
We have problems like everybody else in this world.Corrupted politic is normal thing here.People usually vote for guy who seems less corrupted.I am wandering why do we even vote?
Nature is great here I like to go for holidays on mountains....
People are OK I guess.But there is to much of hatred here.We hate almost all of our neighbours and of course big countries.I try not to be raceist and I have nothing against Croatia and such.
Prices are skyhigh because of the small pay.
But still we are patriotic country and we live no mater what.

I live in France in Nancy at the very eastern part of France after alsace.
It's European wide town because it's border zone of many contry (Belgium,Germany,Luxembourg)?
I've hung up with some nice libertarian/ecologist/altermondialist group crossing there.
They're very soldaire in trouble.

Rent is rather cheap in France.
Criminal rate is average.

Oh and it's polluted at some part because mountains block the wind and trap the pollution so it can't get carried away by the wind.I guess windy country is not that bad after all.

Although geopraphicaly talking France has much to be envyed.
Talking about mountains thery're nice when it comes to skiing.
We also have nice beach.
There's also a swamp in Camaaaargh...I mean Camargue.
So no need to go too far for holiday.
I think I'm a lucky bastard on that part.
We also have one shitty president.
I just hope he'll die on a domestic accident.
Less lucky on that part.But whatever almost every governement suck.

Paris is what they call a megalopolis so it's a worldwide citytown.
Everything tend to be centralized to Paris.Sometime you have no choice but to go to Paris like for studying.

blablabla....

oh and did I mention that we have an Eiffel tower?

Level 4
Hi, I'm from Croatia, a neighbour country of Serbia where VeljkoM (two posts up) lives. As he says our nations hate each other becouse of a war 18 years ago. I must say my country is very beautiful concerning landscape and nature. I live in a small village but don't think of cows and chickens right away. We are a very modern village and I love it. Very green in spring and very white in winter. Main entertainment for me and my friends is joining our PCs in my room for Dota and CNC3.

Level 27
About my place where I live, it's kinda nice and quiet, you know, the average-nice town. Going to school 12km up north in a city, no sweat. I cycle through the wind, rain, snow and other kind of crap. Living in a 2-under-1 roof house in a nice little quiet street a bit outside of the town (but still in the town's border).

I got chickens too.

I also require like a half-hour drive to reach the damn building.

Dunno if that's 12km though.

Level 21
I come from Germany, parents from Romania/Serbia and I have moved to Australia a few years ago.

If I had to pick I'd pick Germany, no wonder there, because that is where I spent most my life. I like other countries too and no country is all good/bad.

Germany:
+ Smart people (at least those i hang out with, by smart I mean they read books, Nietzsche, Schopenhauer, etc.)
+ Very Active (people go on demonstrations and are politically active, everyone has a political opinion [in my group left :D])
+ Very fucking nice food (no, not sauerkraut and wieners)
+ Very productive country (we make good products, good music, good books, good games, thoughts)
+ Good booze, and you can drink when you are 16 legally
- Weather (rainy, cold)
- Asshole groups (Nazis [I haven't actually seen one yet, but I know they are there], Gangsters....)
- East Germany (no seriously, why did we pay for this?)
- Soccer Fanatics (omg, they are like zealots)

Australia:
+ Nice Weather
+ Beach
+ Diverse nationalities (made friends with chinese, japanese, ethiopian, etc people)
+ Chaser's War on Everything
- Shit School System
- Food is worst I have ever seen (Vegemite?? VEGEMITE!!)
- Really gay laws (wear a bike helmet? no bb guns? getting a license = fucked, etc...)
- A freaking island. Transport is a huge issue. I can't just drive 30 mins to cross the border, like I used to.
- US & Australia relations. Could there be any more ass kissing?
- Muzzas. I hate them. But I have a feeling they are everywhere, not just here.

Romania:
+ Omg, everything is so cheap! I can have like a feast for €10.
+ Nice people
+ Very lax laws (who cares if I buy a BB Shotgun when I am 12?)
- A poor country (it is nice to visit, but living there...)
I can't really say more, I only visited it in holidays.

"so cheap"?!
"nice people"?!
TRUE! I have 2 guns already :D
True, poor country!

Things are really expensive here, compared to how much people are paied.
Maybe YOU met nice people here but i meet only motherfuckers and shallow worms...

I saw a lot of different nationalities here, from americans to japanesse, and most want to visit Dracula's Castle or sink in the Black Sea(I love that name! :wink:).

My mother is from Germany and my father is from...(well) Romania...
That explains my characteristics.
(Not only)German people are intelligent and educated.
Romanish people are crap of rednecks...
Earlyer, Denmark added restrictions for Romanian people...
Some persons here(Italians and Palestinians) make a lot of kids and send them in outher countries to murder and steal, and they don't say "gypsies" or "tigans", they say "romanians", and this destroys a lot of people.

People from romania are (usually) great programmers, and almost all romanian people with the IQ over 30 are less than 51% romanian.

What else can I say... Hoernchen, i can tell you anything about my crap of country :mwahaha:

Level 6
Im going to talk about my country portugal:

I dont like my country very much :\... It has very good people, but they are flowers in a desert, because most people there are drug addicted and stupid. I think there is much drug in this country because of outsiders (seriously its TOO FUCKING EASY to get in this coutry :\), the presidents are dumb and we spend allot of money in things like football (We have more than 6 stadiums... WHATS FUCKING THAT FUCKING FOOOR... if a 15 years old kid can understand it, so why cant the presidents???????) here a football player gains 8 times a policeman's money (you must kidding me D:) in Pinhal Novo (where i live in), we dont see policeofficers everyday and you know what????? THAT SIMPLY SUCKS.
People say this is the most crime free country in europe and i say: Thats not enough, there should be no crime at all (i know thats dificult).
Luckly we have no wars and only a few crises because this is a pacific country.

Yes we rulled the seas and the earth in the middle ages... we where rich and powerfull in the pass, and thats why i admire old people so much, but look in what have we become...

And thats because i say: I HATE THIS COUNTRY (but i know there are worst)

I just wanted to share a little of my idea about my country ^^

Level 8
I live in Quebec City (Canada) and at this time of year there is only snow (it's winter!) and it's cold (-34˚C ( -29°F ) tomorrow :bored:). We have good summer ±30˚C ( 86°F ). It's a good place to live and I don't have manny thing to say about it.

photo-quebec-vue-aerienne.jpg
Quebec%20la%20ville%20(10).JPG

Level 40
It appears that this site is infested with Quebecois (as Gilles said, you'd have to be Canadian to understand)!

Anyhow, Kingston, Ontario, Canada here. Not much to complain about, except that there's only a lake (albeit a large one) separating us from the states. It's too hot in the summer (30oC or so) and lovely in the winter (-10 to -20oC or so), spring being the best (5 to 10oC). I'm the kind of person who wears a T-shirt at 5 below.

West Europe seems cool (been to Spain and France), but I can't say I'm a fan of the population. After all, Quebec alone is the size of a large chunk of Europe, and the total population of the province doesn't even come close to reaching the population of some of the smaller "large" countries like Spain. Hell, speaking of population, about one in every six or so people live within an hour or two of Toronto (2.5 hours drive here).

For reference: Pop about 33,000,000

Land mass: Second largest country in the world, smaller than Russia (#1) and larger than China (#3). Not sure about the exact size, but way too big would fit.

Greater Toronto: est 5,000,000.

Level 6
Bleh. My country is like.. the best xD
(but i still want to go somewhere near ocean and warm weather *sigh*)

Level 9
I live in holland, it basicly looks like a sandbox terrain made by a noob... Flat, the same.
And altough it rains alot.. i kinda like living here. Then.. i live in a typical row-housein a small village about 4 miles from the nearest city, were i go to school, and have fun. Thats all :)

Level 4
I forgot to mention, my country (Croatia) sucks at TV shows and TV program in general. Our comic series that are supposed to be funny are so painful to watch. We've fallen so low that we have our own version of "Married with children". Before we separated with ex Yugoslavia we were side to side with Hollywood in film industry, now after the split all the humor went to our neighbours Serbs an we've got nothing. By the way my country has around 4,500 000 population and has the weirdest shape in the world, like a broken wing. If you don't know where it is, find Italy on map an cross the Adriatic sea. 1880 km of the shore on the other side is ours. We have more than 1000 islands and we are very popular touristic destination becouse of a very beautiful and clean sea.

Level 9
Well, I live in the U.S.A but since the U.S. goes from dry deserts to lush forests I'll say I live in the state of Louisiana.

I live in a rickity old dusty wooden shack on a patch of land in the middle of a big swamp. I have 2 pet alligators and I see wild ones about every 2 days. nobody has cars we just walk everywhere, and everybody is home schooled. also I only know one white person. whenever I put a cup of water out over night it fills rather than evaporates and the only cold day all year round is in the very middle of winter, it's all of the way down at 50f. ...lol

But seriously, I live in a normal suburban neighborhood with simi-green grass (because its winter) and normal brick and painted wood houses. I look outside and see my neighbors house and behind it a large field where the neighborhood is about to be extended into. I have never seen a real alligator and my pets are 2 cats 2 dogs and 1 hamster. though the city is mostly black many people that I know are white. we do have hurricanes/tropical storms every year but not very big ones usually. I'm told it is humid here but it's not much more humid than texas (which I visit yearly). when I turn on the TV to the news I see stuff about actors and stuff and pres. elect Obama. on the rest of the channels are stupid sitcoms, stupid cartoons, or the science channel. about the winter weather well occasionally it snows (once every couple of years) but usually it just gets down to around 26f-50f and stays in there all winter.

as a side note, the average person in texas is not a 'Cowboy' nor do they look/act anything like one.

Level 3
I'm Italian.
Unfortunately,Italy and Italians seems to be two different things. I’m proud to be Italian but I’m not proud that no one cares about the future of my country.
My country is great for what concerns art,places to visit,and cuisine.
We've also very talented dubbers,and strong soccer teams...

Level 17
I live in Sweden, and it's okay to live here, even though the language we speak probably is the ugliest and geekiest(i know that's probably not even a word) language ever.
Also i don't like our culture, and it's pretty cold.

We haven't had more than 4 snowy days where i live for all of winter though, yay!

Level 17
Yes, if you are gay.

Couldn't agree more.

Swedish can for example never sound epic, which means that we will never EVER have a good movie in swedish.

Take Arn & Wallander for example. Those movies could be great if they wouldn't have talked swedish, which ruins the whole drama.

Try to say (i'll just take a famous quote) "This is Sparta!" in Swedish. What do you get?

"Det här är Sparta!"
...Epic...

Level 21
sounds so boring :xxd:
tell me how the romanish version soungs like:
"Asta este Sparta!"
:xxd: Reading it sounds really epic in our language :xxd:
Our dramas are really DRAMA, DEPRESSIVE, so i don't watch romanish dramas, just japanesse dramas like Death Note movie 3, and more :razz:
Learn romanish and move here :razz:

Level 40
I forgot to mention, my country (Croatia) sucks at TV shows and TV program in general. Our comic series that are supposed to be funny are so painful to watch. We've fallen so low that we have our own version of "Married with children". Before we separated with ex Yugoslavia we were side to side with Hollywood in film industry, now after the split all the humor went to our neighbours Serbs an we've got nothing. By the way my country has around 4,500 000 population and has the weirdest shape in the world, like a broken wing. If you don't know where it is, find Italy on map an cross the Adriatic sea. 1880 km of the shore on the other side is ours. We have more than 1000 islands and we are very popular touristic destination becouse of a very beautiful and clean sea.
Define islands. There are some islands on the west coast of Canada which are only visible at low tide.

Anyhow, on another note, 1000 islands isn't a huge amount :p

There are over 1000 or so decent sized islands in the area of Lake Ontario/St Lawrence River where I live, several of which are quite large, and the others still significant. Thus, our seat in parliament is "Kingston and the Islands" and there are several tours of "the Thousand Islands" available.

Level 7
holy shit -31C!!!! That must suck so bad, it's like 30-40 degrees over here, completely hot all day. That's why we have the beaches

Level 12
For me, my country could be Australia or Japan.

Technically I live in Australia, but I have a Japanese citizenship and I visit Japan regularly (My dad lives there).

In Australia, its got damn weird weather, at one moment its hot and humid, the next, its raining heavily, and I've hate the train system here. Lots of nice beaches though, and all kinds of people spread all around.

In Japan, its pretty cold, especially when compared to Australia, and tends to rain a bit. Tokyo was a great place to visit, lots of places to go and lots of stuff to do, but people in Japan aren't laid back, that's for sure. A lot are really hard-working and serious people there.

Level 11
I live in south central Sweden, and I kinda' like it. The weather sucks, though. In the winter, it rarely snows, so we have nothing to do but to sit inside our houses while it rains outside... In summer it rains semi-constantly as well. We have only about four warm days per year (above 20C)
Swedish movies suck. Like it has been said before, Swedish can never sound epic.
Swedish music is kind of neat though. Swedish never sounds epic, but it can sound pretty poetic.
The Swedish landscape is completely amazing. Especially where I live, where the landscape is very variated, with fields and forests everywhere. I live close to the sea between Sweden and Finland (don't know its English name), and there are many little islands by the coast. You would have to go due east for hours before you really see open sea.

Level 34
Believe me, I would keep our players in Sweden if i could. But seriously, I'm not interested in ice hockey.

Scandinavia has all the best skiers, anyone to oppose this statement?
I dunno about skiiers, but we have better mountains.

Level 10
I live in Wellington, New Zealand. It's okay, yeah?
We have... pretty moderate temperatures, I think. The weather does change a lot though. From rain to different rain :/ and Wellington can be quite windy. Due to the good ol' friendly ozone hole, when it's sunny (heck, sometimes when it's slightly cloudy) you can easily get sunburnt if you're not careful. Northern hemisphere is cold at the moment, we're quite toasty down here (at least in New Zealand terms). Summer at Christmas and all that.
New Zealand has a whole bunch of hills, mountains, volcanos etc. It's essentially made out of them. As has been mentioned, it's quite green. New Zealand used to be covered in trees, at least until they got cut down by humans and used for civilisation and farmland and the like. When you do go into the forest here, it's quite good. We have all sorts of interesting trees (god I sound dull) and a whole bunch of native birds, due to New Zealand's natural development away from other places.

And there are other things I could say, but I'm lazy. But yeah, I like New Zealand.

Level 11
New Zealand must suck. I mean, you have all holidays in summer, when you can have fun without eating a lot, but in winter, you can't celebrate a thing. You know, the westerm holidays are concentrated to the cold half of the year to give the people something to do, other than becoming completely depressed.

Let me just emphasize on the word cold again.

My ski class was canceled.
My thumb froze in about 4 minutes.
When I sneese, it goes CLUNK.
My garage door stopped working.
And most importantly, my nuts have retreated back into my body.

My dad's car registered a whopping -40C this morning on the road. This is not cold. This is murder. I could die slower and more comfortably in the freaking desert.

Level 7
shit man, i'm so glad i'm not you. I always thought of snow and coldness as fun but that just scares the living shit out of me!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.