1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Units have been turned into heroes in our latest Icon Contest! Vote for the best icon set at the Icon Contest #18 Poll!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The raddest synthwave tracks were chosen - Check out our Music Contest #12 - Results and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

What's your country like??

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by redragex, Jan 10, 2009.

1. Airandius

Airandius

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Well why should that be gay? xD Is that whole France thingy so bad? :p

2. NoobinJass

NoobinJass

Resources:
    Resources:
    what the gay part of that???

3. Linaze

Linaze

Resources:
    Models:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I live in Sweden. The rumors about ice bears and spit freezing before hitting the ground is so, so true.
    Not!

4. xXMephistoXx

xXMephistoXx

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    It does in Norway =P
    If your high enough up in the mountains, thou... :p

5. raid1000

raid1000

Resources:
    Resources:
    i live i romania the country that resembles a fish in baia mare (google earth is your friend) land of Count Dracula and beautifull women and and... well thats it xD
    baia mare in translation means the big bathroom xD
    @180.000 inhabitants its small and surounded by hills ;)

6. Super-Sheep

Super-Sheep

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Fin.

We has Santa.

7. Gilles

Gilles

Resources:
    Resources:
    Cus it's Quebec. You have to be Canadian to understand. Although I hate to say, Montrealers know how to party! The festivals there are way cooler than anything we have in British Columbia. Good thing BC is just way nicer. :p

I live about an hour or two from Vancouver, the big city in BC. It's pretty rural here, lots of farms and such. We've got mountains 360 around us, and a lot of forest. Actually this is one of the nicest areas in the world.

8. Kwah

Kwah

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Yes!

Anyhow, Canada here. It's nice.

9. Mechanical Man

Mechanical Man

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Statovarius FTW! I didn't know that they have also songs about their country.

10. Emperor_Jackal

Emperor_Jackal

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I live in the UK. We are a popular tourist destination for people from India and Pakistan. The problem is they purposely miss their return flight. Our population density is massive, we have tower blocks 10 stories high and 10 stories underground. We are currently experiencing hyper-inflation, the average employed person gets paid £100 000 a month but a loaf of bread costs £20 000. Things are getting desperate, even the immigrants are starting to lose their jobs.

Can I come live where you live? :sad:

11. Airandius

Airandius

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Almost all countries have it, as far as I know only the euro is one of the few that is not suffering from hyper inflation due to the economical crisis caused by the Americans.
    Prices here might have gone up 10 cent for regular food and stuff.

Anyhow, it's not your country, the Americans are to blame (again).

12. bounty hunter2

bounty hunter2

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I live in Croatia, in the suburb of Zagreb, the capital. It used to be a village and most of the people are old fashioned. Besides the ones who moved in. There are a lot of vine yards and animals. The village/suburb is surronded by a a forest. Church mostly dictates the life here.

I can see the forest in my back window and in the front is the road.

13. The_wand_mirror

The_wand_mirror

Resources:
    Resources:
    I live in holland, in the town Almelo.

It's near the german border in the north-east of holland in the province of Overijssel.

It's quite an asshole town actually... i don't really live on an interesting place.. our house is bigger than any house of my friends btw.

14. Airandius

Airandius

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Just like my town! =:D So we agree our country is boring and stupid? xD

15. Super-Sheep

Super-Sheep

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Mohaha our prices have only lowered. Expecially the gas.

16. Airandius

Airandius

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Gas lowered everywhere? It did here as well. It's just that I don't drive a car yet.

17. Super-Sheep

Super-Sheep

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Me neither but I just wanted to say that btw.

18. Devine

Devine

Resources:
    Resources:
    My land, Belgium is an anarchy for over a year now.
    Everything got expensive since then (and I blame Bush for it).
    Everybody fears the crisis and the anarchy. We live in a world of fear, trying to forget those things, living a lie. We have internet for 70 euros a month here. Overall, Belgium is a shithole of corrupt asshole-politicians. I hate em, i hate em all. They screw the world by filling their pockets. Everybody is up for some bribery. The smart people can see that. The dumb people just don't see it.
    Racism ... Not us, orginal habitants of belgium, but the ones that moved in, beat up belgian boys and girls, Beat up the boys that came with a girl to a party "all the girls are ours". Seriously, When they attack you, you wish you never were born. Trust me, I had it twice. Drugs, Go to a random party ... When the police drops by, they just put the drugs in your hood and you're dead. Kids get raped here and aren't seen in 3 years or more. Belgium is divided in two parts: Flanders (dutch speaking) and wallonia (french speaking). I'm flemish and my dad has to pay twice as much taxes as a guy from wallonia because they don't even work. They don't do fucking SHIT all day and they get payed for it, from our money. I hate the current system. I hate it. I'd rather have an anarchy than living this crappy life of mine. I do realise that other people are in war and such, our country isn't the worst but after all, when the first nuke is dropped, the rest of the world is next.

19. TheDivineBoss

TheDivineBoss

Resources:
    Resources:
    That's why that Napoleon wanted to fuse BEL and NL with eachother, too bad you eggheads revolted against it. I still suggest we do it, combining the Benelux to one.

Well I live in Holland too, in some small village in the North-Holland. Lowest part is like 1,5m below sealevel, and yes, we are probally one of the first who'll notice the rising sealevel. We also maintain the best land reclamation stuff on the planet since we are kinda battling with the water for like, a thousand years? Now to a different subject: Economicly seeing (from my point of view) I see no inflation or moneyproblems here. But on the political side.. man, it's horrible. Not that we got corrupt politicians or something, but some of them just suck. Militairy speaking we suck because we are just too damn lazy, but we don't care. Blitzkrieg us and you got us in a few days, just wiki it. See those things you got in your room? Your Acer screen, your Sony radio or your Japanese TV? They all came via Rotterdam.

It's windy here, rainy, but when winter comes you would expect we would notice it as first. Well.. no. Probally because of the salty ocean next to our country, we got less winter than in the south or something, it's gay.

About my place where I live, it's kinda nice and quiet, you know, the average-nice town. Going to school 12km up north in a city, no sweat. I cycle through the wind, rain, snow and other kind of crap. Living in a 2-under-1 roof house in a nice little quiet street a bit outside of the town (but still in the town's border).

I got chickens too.

20. redragex

redragex

Resources:
    Resources:
    doesn't it suck having to live in the cold all the time??
    in australia most of the days are hot, if you live in the centre of Western australia...which i don't cause most of it is desert and kangaroos