• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

What's your country like??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Well i just noticed that most people on this website are Europeans, and i've never been there so i just want to know what it's like living wherever you live.

Well i live in Australia and so it's hot most of the times in summer, when i look through the window i see a stretch of desert, some cactus. i have kangaroos hopping around in my backyard, my house is a 5 minute drive from Uluru (Ayers rock) there's a gum tree in my backyard with a wombat living in it. Next to my house is a waterhole where crocs live. There's no civilization for kilometeres from my house....lol

Level 25
i live in Lebanon, my backyard may contain hidden mines from last war that's where my rabbit is hopping around all day, electricity come 12 hour a day or less, but the good thing is that i am surrounded by a small forest with a beautiful nature, and we have a bunch of dogs for when we go for birds hunting, all villages and small cities around are max 8min away

Level 7
are you serious about the mines... cause i don't really live in the desert, people just naturally assume that in Australia we have kangaroos jumping around in our garden and shit.

Level 12
Live in Sweden here, living in a house surrounded by a small forest with my closest neighbor about 300 metres away. I've seen wild boars, deer and a moose once(not outside the house, but inside the car when going somewhere). I also live in the suburbs when I live at my moms house, where there are houses almost everywhere within a kilometre or two, but there is a big forest outside of the community. Not too far away from the capital city, about 45 minutes by train depending on trafic. The difference in the proximity to nature is wierd :p

Level 35
I live in Hungary, central Europe. No matter what people say, the Soviet opression was good for our country, because we've been supplying the whole Soviet Union with grain and vegs. Since the Persetroika, all the former politicans were changed, and new, shittier ones came, who make stupid investments (if they could be called investments), steal the tax and fuck up our once good country. There are no jobs, taxes and prices are rising +50% every year, etc. etc.

I wanna move to Spain as soon as possible.

Move to Norway! Were a rich country, so the jobs here pay very well =P
Norway's an alright country =)
We have beautiful nature where I live, which is in a long valley, with a river in the middle. Trees and mountains all over the place! =P
Only problem here is; we live so far away from eachother :p From my village and up to the next one, it takes about half an hour with car...

Level 14
I live in Sweden very close to the next-to-biggest town Gothenborg, only about 10 meters away. The kids here and everything are mean and it's about -1 degrees C right now but at Summer it can go up to 20+

Level 17
I life in the Netherlands, a very small country west of Germany and north of Belgium and France.
I life in the northern part in a city called Leeuwarden, can't really complain when I see all of you guys talking but I'd rather life somewhere else.

Every month somebody in our city gets killed for something stupid like stealing a pen.
Still not much compared to Amsterdam... I heard people getting killed a lot out there.

Main things that suck about the Netherlands is the corrupt government, they actually forced us into meeting them to show off their power.. =/
Going to skip that lol.
Police is corrupt and use drugs themselves, they would hardly help somebody.
In our city there are only 2 internet providers and they both suck.

But it has good sides as well I guess... No war, you always have food, water and power.
I can go to school even though I hate it. I know it's a good thing to be educated or w/e.
Jobs pay average but it has become kinda shitty because of the economic crises that the Americans caused, but we are not the only ones I guess lol.

Overal it's oke if you are 17 years, I'd hate turning 18 though....
You'll most likely end up being corrupt like the government and police etc. Or you might be poor and die (hunger cause no income) or get killed.

Level 37
The land of ice and snow
Where the midnight sun blows
Hundred thousand lakes glow
In the land of ice and snow

Northern lights guide our way
Come whatever may
Forest god protects our day

Where Koskenkorva flows
Where the freezing wind blows
Summer nights are white and warm

Some might say that we are cold
Don't believe all that's been told
Our hearts are mad of gold

We didn't bow under oppression
We fought and we died
Redeemed in blood
The land of ice and snow

Here I was born and here I've lived
And one day here I will die
Under northern starry sky
In the land of ice and snow...

Level 19
i live i romania the country that resembles a fish in baia mare (google earth is your friend) land of Count Dracula and beautifull women and and... well thats it xD
baia mare in translation means the big bathroom xD
@180.000 inhabitants its small and surounded by hills ;)

Level 34
Well why should that be gay? xD Is that whole France thingy so bad? :p
Cus it's Quebec. You have to be Canadian to understand. Although I hate to say, Montrealers know how to party! The festivals there are way cooler than anything we have in British Columbia. Good thing BC is just way nicer. :p

I live about an hour or two from Vancouver, the big city in BC. It's pretty rural here, lots of farms and such. We've got mountains 360 around us, and a lot of forest. Actually this is one of the nicest areas in the world.

The land of ice and snow
Where the midnight sun blows
Hundred thousand lakes glow

Northern lights guide our way
Come whatever may
Forest god protects our day

Where Koskenkorva flows
Where the freezing wind blows
Summer nights are white and warm

Some might say that we are cold
Don't believe all that's been told
Our hearts are mad of gold

We didn't bow under oppression
We fought and we died
Redeemed in blood
The land of ice and snow

Here I was born and here I've lived
And one day here I will die
Under northern starry sky
In the land of ice and snow...

Statovarius FTW! I didn't know that they have also songs about their country.

Level 6
I live in the UK. We are a popular tourist destination for people from India and Pakistan. The problem is they purposely miss their return flight. Our population density is massive, we have tower blocks 10 stories high and 10 stories underground. We are currently experiencing hyper-inflation, the average employed person gets paid £100 000 a month but a loaf of bread costs £20 000. Things are getting desperate, even the immigrants are starting to lose their jobs.

Can I come live where you live? :sad:

Level 17
I live in the UK. We are a popular tourist destination for people from India and Pakistan. The problem is they purposely miss their return flight. Our population density is massive, we have tower blocks 10 stories high and 10 stories underground. We are currently experiencing hyper-inflation, the average employed person gets paid £100 000 a month but a loaf of bread costs £20 000. Things are getting desperate, even the immigrants are starting to lose their jobs.

Can I come live where you live? :sad:

Almost all countries have it, as far as I know only the euro is one of the few that is not suffering from hyper inflation due to the economical crisis caused by the Americans.
Prices here might have gone up 10 cent for regular food and stuff.

Anyhow, it's not your country, the Americans are to blame (again).

Level 18
I live in Croatia, in the suburb of Zagreb, the capital. It used to be a village and most of the people are old fashioned. Besides the ones who moved in. There are a lot of vine yards and animals. The village/suburb is surronded by a a forest. Church mostly dictates the life here.

I can see the forest in my back window and in the front is the road.

Level 27
I live in holland, in the town Almelo.

It's near the german border in the north-east of holland in the province of Overijssel.

It's quite an asshole town actually... i don't really live on an interesting place.. our house is bigger than any house of my friends btw.

Level 17
I live in holland, in the town Almelo.

It's near the german border in the north-east of holland in the province of Overijssel.

It's quite an asshole town actually... i don't really live on an interesting place.. our house is bigger than any house of my friends btw.

Just like my town! =:D So we agree our country is boring and stupid? xD

Level 30
My land, Belgium is an anarchy for over a year now.
Everything got expensive since then (and I blame Bush for it).
Everybody fears the crisis and the anarchy. We live in a world of fear, trying to forget those things, living a lie. We have internet for 70 euros a month here. Overall, Belgium is a shithole of corrupt asshole-politicians. I hate em, i hate em all. They screw the world by filling their pockets. Everybody is up for some bribery. The smart people can see that. The dumb people just don't see it.
Racism ... Not us, orginal habitants of belgium, but the ones that moved in, beat up belgian boys and girls, Beat up the boys that came with a girl to a party "all the girls are ours". Seriously, When they attack you, you wish you never were born. Trust me, I had it twice. Drugs, Go to a random party ... When the police drops by, they just put the drugs in your hood and you're dead. Kids get raped here and aren't seen in 3 years or more. Belgium is divided in two parts: Flanders (dutch speaking) and wallonia (french speaking). I'm flemish and my dad has to pay twice as much taxes as a guy from wallonia because they don't even work. They don't do fucking SHIT all day and they get payed for it, from our money. I hate the current system. I hate it. I'd rather have an anarchy than living this crappy life of mine. I do realise that other people are in war and such, our country isn't the worst but after all, when the first nuke is dropped, the rest of the world is next.

Level 34
That's why that Napoleon wanted to fuse BEL and NL with eachother, too bad you eggheads revolted against it. I still suggest we do it, combining the Benelux to one.

Well I live in Holland too, in some small village in the North-Holland. Lowest part is like 1,5m below sealevel, and yes, we are probally one of the first who'll notice the rising sealevel. We also maintain the best land reclamation stuff on the planet since we are kinda battling with the water for like, a thousand years? Now to a different subject: Economicly seeing (from my point of view) I see no inflation or moneyproblems here. But on the political side.. man, it's horrible. Not that we got corrupt politicians or something, but some of them just suck. Militairy speaking we suck because we are just too damn lazy, but we don't care. Blitzkrieg us and you got us in a few days, just wiki it. See those things you got in your room? Your Acer screen, your Sony radio or your Japanese TV? They all came via Rotterdam.

It's windy here, rainy, but when winter comes you would expect we would notice it as first. Well.. no. Probally because of the salty ocean next to our country, we got less winter than in the south or something, it's gay.

About my place where I live, it's kinda nice and quiet, you know, the average-nice town. Going to school 12km up north in a city, no sweat. I cycle through the wind, rain, snow and other kind of crap. Living in a 2-under-1 roof house in a nice little quiet street a bit outside of the town (but still in the town's border).

I got chickens too.

Level 7
doesn't it suck having to live in the cold all the time??
in australia most of the days are hot, if you live in the centre of Western australia...which i don't cause most of it is desert and kangaroos

Level 11
I live in a town. Its a nice town its a suburb of New York City, why I have no clue. (2hrs away is considered a suburb). Kingston is the name- British tried burning it, original seat of the New York state government. Major crime is a slight problem that is on the decline. This is one historic town, I mean, hugely. The High School is old- they just keep adding buildings to a non-expanding campus. Here is the Wikipedia page on it Kingston, New York - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

the Americans are to blame (again).

Not a thing you want to say to some people, can you explain the again?

DevineArmy said:
Everything got expensive since then (and I blame Bush for it).

Do you people really hate him that much? Some of the tax breaks he did are healing the economy not hurting it-

Inflation- it happens.

Level 7
it looks like a really old place... but nevertheless it could be a great place to vist when i travel to America again

Level 17
doesn't it suck having to live in the cold all the time??
in australia most of the days are hot, if you live in the centre of Western australia...which i don't cause most of it is desert and kangaroos

While I prefer warmer climates as well, it is sucky not to have snow in the winter.
It just removes the whole winter feeling especially at X-mas.

And yes we have a C-climate, water changes temperature slower it will make summers a bit less warm and winters a bit warmer.

EDIT: @ 3rgytr54

I said again because the Americans caused an economical crisis before.
This was at 24 October 1929, a economical crisis that affected the whole world.
It was mainly caused by the back then popular way of life called: "live now, pay later".

Level 8
I live in a land, where there is cockroaches. It's called "Indonesia". Noobinjass and I are neighbours. Our house are so close. He lives like...100 km (perhaps more) from my place. How awesome is that?

I also use to live in Melbourne where we have a magical place full of stores and shops called "The City". Awesome place. There are poles, with lights. There are boxes on wheels. Magical.

Note: I'm not very sanguine at the moment.

Level 11
My country, Philippines, is a beautiful archipelago with rich resources.
It has 7,107 islands and islets but we only consider 3 main islands; Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao.
It is a third world country only because our citizens can make great work individually but makes crap when all together. We are democratic republic, but somehow our president want to change that.
We have beautiful tourist spots, but because of crapmanship and pollution, Philippines is now CRAP with our POLITICS.
Somehow, the government preserved some spots and they are still beautiful.
And I still love the country, the people and the food. (Coconut Pie \m/, Pandesal \m/, Dried Fish \m/!!)

But if I found that Philippines is inhabitable already for me, I would go there and leave Qatar.

Qatar is now where I live, it is extremely hot at summer and extremely cold at winter.
Qatar is a very rich country, nuff said.
Qatar is not my home, I miss Philippines.

Level 45
Australia, Victoria, A small town.

The weather is fine, surprising this Summer is the coldest we have ever had, usually its melting hot and I would faint pretty much daily.
Towns are nice, i live in a small one, never lived in a big city so im abit more isolated than most. If you want to know how Aussie schools are like then go watch "Summer heights high".

I use to live in QueensLand (another state in Australia) where it was very hot and very wet, hot sticky days and the air was filled with the stereotypical Aussie way of life.

We have alot of snakes here, not so much in the city/towns but if you live away from there be sure to find a snake, heck just go fishin' and you may see a snake swimming down the river. I rarely seen Kangas around these parts, sometimes when I go to NSW (another state) which is afew minutes away, whole gangs of them leaping across the farms and paddocks. Farmers see them as a pest, shoot them and eat them even if they are one of our most iconic critters.

Cant say iv lived in the more Aussy Outback places of Australia, but I have heard it is deadly hot.

Our government is moderate, our justice system for criminals is pathetic (5-15years jail for a murder, famous gangland murderer killed 4 people and has 35years in jail). I like the fact we have welfare here in between jobs for support so you arnt eventually left homeless.

Ehh..the rest, not much else to talk about....but we did have a case of a large group of Anonymous rioting at the Church of Scientolgy nearby somewhere.

Level 11
Sounds like an uneventful place Kimberly

I said again because the Americans caused an economical crisis before.
This was at 24 October 1929, a economical crisis that affected the whole world.
It was mainly caused by the back then popular way of life called: "live now, pay later".

Ok, Thought was what you meant- "live now, pay later" life style had resumed, but not just here.

Well, i am from Germany.
Germany is located in the middle of europe, and i´m living in the northern part,
in the Free and Hanseatic City of Hamburg!
I like Hamburg, what may i leave here about Hamburg...it´s very green (many parks), it´s very rainy aswell, but the constructive attitude of us is still somehow optimistic and relaxed.
Hamburg has been (and still is) an important commercial town, relying mostly on our harbour which is one of the largest ones worldwide.
Hamburg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Germany offers a laaaarge variety of attitudes which differ from region to region.
I lived in the southern part of Germany (Bavaria, Viechtach) for a year, and i really have to say that the people there are simply more...communicative and receptive than in the north.
The northern part of germany is very flat. There are nearly no hills or mountains whileas there is the "Harz" in the middle of Germany, a couple of mountains.
Travelling into southern direction we slowly but steadily notice the Alps.
The biggest agglomeration of cities and inhabitants is located in the "Ruhr area", the (north-)western part of germany (Check it out with Google Maps and zoom in ^.^).

Can´t think of more currently. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Well, i post some pics from Hamburg:

hamburg_luftbild.jpg

Hafenpanorama_Hamburg.jpg

Hamburg4.JPG.jpg

Blenheim, New Zealand, one of the most beautiful countries left alive (/boast :D). End of last year, I went to the West Coast on a school trip to do one of "The Great Walks of NZ", the Hollyford. It was damn awesome, not just the experience, but also the nature and the beauty of it. Blenheim is a small-ish town in the Northern part of the South Island, about 30,000 inhabitants. I moved here about 3 weeks ago - damn hot, cooling down now - we had 40 degrees C earlier last week.
New Zealand is a great country, beautiful in the nature, unpolluted, with some of the most amazing sights of the world - Mt Cook, Central Otago, Abel Tasman National Park, Golden Bay, Fiordland. All sorts of stuff.

And some pictures:
Mt Cook(ie): http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/29/Aoraki-Mount_Cook_from_Hooker_Valley.jpg
Abel Tasman National Park: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/47/Abel_Tasman_National_Park_beach_autumn.jpg
Milford Sound: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/42/MilfordSound.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.