• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Whats up guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
yo. I'm brad.dude03 and I make maps. I've been playing warcraft 3 for ages now, and even though I play WoW, I still make more time for warcraft. I've made a lot of different maps, but my latest is Family Guy Maul 8.5 I improved greatly upon the previously existing family guy mauls, most noticably adding a lot more spawns. You should be able to find it on here soon. Anyway, I play warhammer 40k td and thats how I got here. I like waffles. Great isn't it?

Level 36
wow, overwhelming response from everyone. I make time for BOTH WoW and wc3, unlike some of my friends who got stuck on WoW and never came back :D On WC3 I play on Azeroth (US East) on WoW I play Horde on the Durotan server, but since it is full now, I think I'm going to create a character on Akama, one of the new PVP servers. Waffles are the greatest ever, and it's always nice t be appreciated for being a mapmaker :D

Level 5
:eek: Are you part of a clan on Azeroth? If you arent you may consider to look on our forums or in our channel on azeroth (channel Clan WCM or if it is empty in our friendly clan TDG channel(forum link in signature)) (o if it is illegal to advertise my clan here, then feel free to edit this post sir moderator)

Level 36
hehe. I have an account on all of the realms (mainly just for browsing to see if anybody is hosting a map I like if I can't find it on one server, I'll check the others) but I ted to stick to Azeroth, as it's closest to home= reduced lag. Not that I need it. It's like EVERYONE else that needs it.

PST WTB a server that doesn't have at leas 8 dotas being hosted at once /t with offers kthnx

xD

Level 12
So then are you more of an editor than a maker? Reason I am asking is because you mentioned the Family Guy mauls which came originally from the map that Jacob and made a long time ago.

Level 36
I've made a few maps myself, but yes, i'm mainly a editor. This is only because There are maps that I like (such as family guy maul) that I wish were balanced and fun to play, but just aren't, so I edit them to my liking and add to them in any way I can in order to make them better and more enjoyable to play for me and everyone else. I do have several original map ideas in the works, so look out for them soon :D

Level 12
Well thank you for the honesty in that reply. It always nerves me when pure editors claim to be makers and that their edited (usually hacked) version was their sole idea and that they created it. I am glad to hear that you do know how to make maps and look forward to aiding you at a later point.

Level 36
:D i'm as annoyed of those people as anyone else is. If someone sets protection on their map, I wont ever hack it because it's their decision that they don't want their map to be modified by others. I always make sure the player knows that I did not create the idea and that I do not take credit for the authors work, I merely made it better. I like plain waffles best as well, but blueberry and chocolate chip waffles are good to. belgian waffles are VERY good!

Level 6
That sounds absolutely disgusting -- probably because I hate mushrooms.

I see that you come from an excellent country brad.

Level 18
Yeah, I am. Just like the guy who invented the Caesar salad, my favourite version of it is with chicken. Anywho, sometimes I have other breakfast, lunch and dinner combos but that was my most recent one (Had it at the morning after a party last Sunday, actually).

Level 12
*sighs*
Countires are all a matter of perspective. For those of you claiming yours is the best, do you know why? Have you ever lived in other countries? Do you pay attention to their polotics and news?

Level 18
I think perhaps he was being a touch sarcastic, although on forums this can be hard to pick up. It is one of the many reasons I ended up buying an expensive headset and setting up a teamspeak server. Anyway, what is wrong with a bit of patriotism? As long as one does not take it too far it does no one any harm. For myself, I wouldn't want to live anywhere but Australia, in specific Melbourne. I love my home city, with all it's faults. I'm fairly well traveled, too, so you cannot just put it down to not having been anywhere else.

Level 36
eh i like the aussies. they bring a kind of flavour t the world that is their brand. and if you meant me, yes i was being sarcastic :p there are plenty of countries that are just as good or better then canada, but i love it anyway :D

but besides that, BREAKFAST FOOD FTW!!!11!11!1ONE!!!1

Level 24
Yes I was being sarcastic. Actualy I do pay attention alot to politics (stupid Peter Beatie and John Howard). Yea well I don't really have much for breakfast because I have to catch the bus and waking up at 7:00am is not something I like doing.

Level 18
And Bob I meant brad was being sarcastic, and if i may ask, whats with the 3? And the 27 on your name bob?

ragingspeedhorn said:
Bob27 said:
I know, Australia rocks. Way better then Denmark as well :p

Australia consits of nothing but the decendants of prisoners who were sent there instead of rotting up in jail, therefor I come to the conclusion that Australia hardly rocks more than Denmark or any other country for that matter.

Yes, and we reserve a special smile for the English, all the time they were huddling in their gray, overcast, foggy, wintry country when they were sending their bread-thieves into a nice, sunny place like Australia (lol).

Level 12
Wow, I have been playing MMORPGs since I beta tested the original EQ and I have not ever once heard that acronym once before.

Level 36
well it's a more recent expression, but it originated in the MMORPG world and has carried on to many other internet related activities, just like l33t and haxz0r and all of te other modified words that hackers have made over the years to get through chat filters. anywho, the 3 is there because, i like the number 3. yep. thats really all there is behind it. and i was being sarcastic and i do take interest in other countries politics, pfft like i don't have enough to worry about with our government (thats in the past now though, new government FTW!) see there it is again lol. yep.

Level 12
Interesting.

Ok, not really because I remember when "leet" speak began and I do not like it but it was educational. Thank you for the information, it is much appreciated.

Level 36
i know it isn't the same as l33t speak, i was using l33t speak as an example. it's an acronym created to minimize the use of words. of course it catches on and it's now a catch phrase, half the people using it don't even know what it stands for. anywho, i just used l33t speak as an example of words that were used for one purpose completely unrelated to gaming (hacking, well MOSTLY unrelated to gaming, not including game hacking) and as soon as it began to spread, people use leet speak all of the time. now, FTW wasen't unrelated to gaming, but it's use as an acronym caught on and now it is a constant in raid or general chat on WoW.

Status
Not open for further replies.