• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What's new in warcraft 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hey guys, it has been a very long time since I logged in in Hive. I want to know what's up in Warcraft 3 now. Are the Night Elves finally capable of soloing against Humans or Orcs? Are there new interesting maps being made now with unique designs and terrainning? Melee maps to be precise. Is Anti-magic shield still removeable through the Abolish Magic spell?

You make me feel old. You say it's been a long time since you logged in, and yet your account was created after the release of the Warcraft III: Reforged game. Seems to me like Reforged released only yesterday.

Here at Hive Workshop, from my understanding, money is hard to come by so everything that people do lives on motivation rather than funding. As a result, I think that very little has changed as far as Warcraft III intellectual property. I am less familiar with melee balance than you are, I gather, but I am doubtful that the melee balance changed substantially since the time when your Hive account was created (Apr 21, 2020). However, we do have technology to create mods that would use a different melee balance for melee style maps. Have you used the War3Champions or Quenching mods for the 1.32 client, assuming that the latest and/or melee version is what you're most interested in? I have not personally tried them, but I hear about them all the time. It sounds like a lot of people have worked very hard on them and trying to continue iterating on Warcraft III in the absence of any greatly substantial "official" update.

Level 9
You make me feel old. You say it's been a long time since you logged in, and yet your account was created after the release of the Warcraft III: Reforged game. Seems to me like Reforged released only yesterday.

Here at Hive Workshop, from my understanding, money is hard to come by so everything that people do lives on motivation rather than funding. As a result, I think that very little has changed as far as Warcraft III intellectual property. I am less familiar with melee balance than you are, I gather, but I am doubtful that the melee balance changed substantially since the time when your Hive account was created (Apr 21, 2020). However, we do have technology to create mods that would use a different melee balance for melee style maps. Have you used the War3Champions or Quenching mods for the 1.32 client, assuming that the latest and/or melee version is what you're most interested in? I have not personally tried them, but I hear about them all the time. It sounds like a lot of people have worked very hard on them and trying to continue iterating on Warcraft III in the absence of any greatly substantial "official" update.
It's good that Hiveworkshop is still quite active. I hope that existing melee map balances would fare through all the races. And I assume that it's more than a year since I am inactive here in hive. And here I am saying as if I have not been here for a thousand years lol. I think that goes to show that I still want to be part in Hive and in Warcraft.

New interesting maps and models almost daily.
The community is alive no doubt, playerbase could be bigger.
And ActivionBlizzard got bought up by Microsoft.
Just like the days when I first entered Hiveworkshop, still active and with daily maps models almost daily.

Status
Not open for further replies.