• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What's about to come in the next months...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Just go to the clan channel (Clan ORPG @USWEST)* And there will be a bot in the channel. He will greet you and say some things. Basically to join the clan all you have to do is type !invite <your account name) example: !invite galactcus and you'll be invited to the clan.

You'll also probably want to add the bots to your friends list so type /f a gaiashostbot and /f a gaiasdungeon. That will add both bots to your friends list and you'll be able to see what games they are currently hosting if you type /f l.

Zweib, Can u change a little thing relate to drop rate item, ex: after killing a boss or creep, drop rate of item will be increase a minor, of course it will reset to original when load new game.
How should that work? o_O
Item tables have weights. If I shift a weight to something higher, the weight of other items would reduce.
Okay this is by any means trying to be mean or anything like that but i do maps aswell and i wonder:

o_O more than 2 days to make items? :/

I can think why this on triggers but items? D: it's not like the object editor takes that much time to make.

or is triggers involved with them ? o.o
Object editor data is a very time consuming process as the GUI is very slow. Also, I still need to register all those items via script into the map for all the advanced stuff like attachment models, secondary stats, etc..

Balancing also takes a lot of time. It's not done with just copy and pasting an item. I need to counter-check several other items in the process in order to create an item that suits the level, but is neither too weak nor overpowered.

All in all, I create like 7-10 items per hour, depending on how much people are bothering me in facebook or Skype at the same time.

Also, you should understand that I don't work on weekends, which reduces the average time I can spent working on this map to 4 days with like 2-3 hours per day.

Now take the sheer mass of items I need in order to create sustainable content:
at least 2 green armors and 2 blue armors for each type and slot position (types being: spellcaster, crit-caster, monk-cloth, attack-based leather, spellcaster-based leather, defensive mail, offensive mail), such as 2-3 weapons of each type.
Then add the recipes and materials.

Sums up to roughly 100-120 new items.

Also, I need to create new attachment models, which also takes a lot of time. I haven't even started working on those models, yet (but I will start today).

Level 3
How should that work? o_O
Item tables have weights. If I shift a weight to something higher, the weight of other items would reduce.

I believe he meant the drop chance in general when farming regular mobs and probably legendaries for bosses (reducing chance of every blue item to drop like by 0,1% and adding those chances to legendaries could seem awesome). I still remember like 2 hours of farming with my squire to get well crafted harness and like 50 killed blazing flames in a row (kinda wasted a day killing it together with a friend) without a single legendary :ogre_rage:

But i believe gold is going to be a non-factor if such a thing is implemented as in an hour every regular mob gonna drop an item for sale, which is bad for overall balance. And probably legendaries will also be way much easier to get thus reducing their value. Thus, if any1 is curious about my opinion, the proposed mechanics should not be implemented.

And by the way your progress makes us all stay tuned and it is really amasing that such a well balanced and entertaining map is beeing extended solo =) I think the only game, which made me wait for it more then Gaia, was Diablo III :ogre_hurrhurr:

Way to go Zwieb!!

Level 18
I believe he meant the drop chance in general when farming regular mobs and probably legendaries for bosses (reducing chance of every blue item to drop like by 0,1% and adding those chances to legendaries could seem awesome). I still remember like 2 hours of farming with my squire to get well crafted harness and like 50 killed blazing flames in a row (kinda wasted a day killing it together with a friend) without a single legendary :ogre_rage:

But i believe gold is going to be a non-factor if such a thing is implemented as in an hour every regular mob gonna drop an item for sale, which is bad for overall balance. And probably legendaries will also be way much easier to get thus reducing their value. Thus, if any1 is curious about my opinion, the proposed mechanics should not be implemented.

And by the way your progress makes us all stay tuned and it is really amasing that such a well balanced and entertaining map is beeing extended solo =) I think the only game, which made me wait for it more then Gaia, was Diablo III :ogre_hurrhurr:

Way to go Zwieb!!

That's the point of legendaries...

Level 13
Considering Diablo 3 was a massive fucking letdown, I'll stick to Gaias.

The drop table really needs no changes. Zwieb has mentioned before, legendary items are for the players who want to burn hours trying for gear they don't really need. Sometimes you're lucky, I've been present on many the run where another players first Firelord drops a legendary. My own first ever Firelord dropped a Pheonix, however at the time it was for another player and not myself as I bowed out since he had been after it for ages. Long time ago that.

If the items aren't dropping, just keep at it. They come around eventually!

Currently working on the new attachment models for 1.2A.

A small preview on two of the new leather armors made by me and one mail armor made by sunchips :)

Attachments

• armors.jpg
    armors.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 170
bjeumb.png

(just a suggestion, no real gaias screen)
I like this one a lot... but it has too much in common with the model I made by myself. But that shouldn't be a problem, as I used the treant skin for mine, I can always change it to use the corrupted treant skin instead for purple-red-ish colors. :)

Still working on new models. I took the time to also add a custom skin to cleric and ranger classes, to make them fit better with the other heroes and into the Highres environment. Some improvements were also made to the ranger and thief models so that armor attachments fit a little bit better to those classes. Removed the ugly red block covering the right shoulder of the ranger model aswell.

Level 5
*cute face* think you could make the death penalty less harsh... I mean waiting 60 seconds AND losing a chunk of gold hurts you know xD, especially when your trying to rest then some Usain bolt ogre runs at you and BASH. :(

Perhaps 20 seconds and losing same amount of gold.

Or 60 + hero level and lose no gold?

Because failing shouldn't be punished! learning a boss fight should work like trial and improvement loool.
failing a lot (3 times because that's how much you can load) eventually leads to 'I'm out -_-'

Level 14
Im confused here. On one point you guys want the game to be more realistic and then having to wait 60 seconds and pay some gold to get back to life after someone KILLED yoiu is too much :eek:
But really, try not to die. If dying isnt at least annoying in some way people would would switch to a more sloppy playing style. Clearing d3 without a single death is harder, but its a good training and fun. Seriously, just dont die.

Level 13
inb4 s0uls need to jizz all over the potential second druid armor that is clearly green and thus linked to nature.

Level 9
It looks more like a assassin leather, the greener is darker, with the black, more like the typical colors for toxins which cause death, and assassin, who uses toxins, and causes death, first one looks more druidish... almost like bear skin or something

The one with the feathers is the druid armor. ;)

Just to give you a small update of whats done in terms of modelling:

2/2 shield
0/2 Skull
1/3 cloth shoulder
1/5 cape
4/4 leather armor
1/4 mail armor
0/2 Axe
2/2 Sword
1/2 two-hand
0/4 staff
1/4 bow
2/2 dagger
1/3 helmet
1/4 leather helm
1/5 cloth helm

Level 13
The shit is a cape. Have I forgotten something?

So 48 of the new 120 items will have new skins? Pretty awesome mannn.

Level 13
capes usually go with the chest armor.

Ah, obviously. Didn't pick up on the fact that there was a 'shoulder' option too lol. I was assuming each option represented an item which is indeed not the case, meaning less than 48 uniquely skinned items.

All new blue items will have new skins.

There will be 4 new blue items of each armor and slot type (to have two items for each build), such as two new blue misc items per class and at least 2 new blue weapons and accessories for every class.
Some of those items will be steal only (as usual, mostly thief related stuff, but there might be some items steal only that other classes might want aswell). Some will be crafted items, some will be quest-reward only or will be directly sold by vendors. So not all of those items can be obtained from bosses (boss drop tables can only have up to 12 items and since there's only 4 new bosses, there is not enough space to fit everything in ;) ).

And since I'm now done with my masters thesis now, I got plenty of time to continue mapping over the next weeks. :)
I will probably wont do anything over the weekend, though, since I will be totally wasted...

Level 14
All new blue items will have new skins.

There will be 4 new blue items of each armor and slot type (to have two items for each build), such as two new blue misc items per class and at least 2 new blue weapons and accessories for every class.
Some of those items will be steal only (as usual, mostly thief related stuff, but there might be some items steal only that other classes might want aswell). Some will be crafted items, some will be quest-reward only or will be directly sold by vendors. So not all of those items can be obtained from bosses (boss drop tables can only have up to 12 items and since there's only 4 new bosses, there is not enough space to fit everything in ;) ).

And since I'm now done with my masters thesis now, I got plenty of time to continue mapping over the next weeks. :)
I will probably wont do anything over the weekend, though, since I will be totally wasted...

Congratulations to your Masters Thesis! My roommate finished hers last week and she was drunk for days... well :D

Level 13
Congratulations Zwieb! Big achievement there. Enjoy getting wasted, hopefully we can see a 1.2A release this coming week :D

Several new custom made Gaias exclusive attachment models :)

2/2 shield
0/2 Skull
4/4 shoulder
5/5 cape
4/4 leather armor
4/4 mail armor
0/2 Axe
2/2 Sword
1/2 two-hand
4/4 staff
1/4 bow
2/2 dagger
4/4 helmet
4/4 leather helm
5/5 cloth helm

Almost there...

Attachments

• armors3.jpg
    armors3.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 203
Last edited:
Level 13
HRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH

Up on those with a fury like no other.

If it helps Zwieb, and all other players eyeing me aggressively, I'll be finishing the last piece of quest text tomorrow morning. I've been a busy man leading a horribly boring fucking existence but it scored me employee of the month and I'm not sure if I'm completely happy about that but you know. It's something.

Point is, after that's done and Zwieb has finished his remaining textures, 1.2A shouldn't be long off! Perhaps a Friday release Zwieb...?

Status
Not open for further replies.