• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Whitepine Legendary items discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Since Whitepine content has been around for quite some time and we had opportunity to get and see all of its new, level 50 legendary items, I think a thread about discussing those is in order.
Are they worth the time investment?
Are they game breakers?
Is system of attaining those items good?
How would you rank them from best to worst?
How do you think they will scale with introduction of new d4 items?
And whatever floats your boat.

I'll personally touch on one that I think will stick in d4 content as bis, or at least very useful, and that would be new and improved Yarr be Captain.
4 classes total can use Yarr, and even if not bis in all ocasions, it's always useful that you have pirate hat on your head at the end of boss encounter. 35% for additional drop is just amazing, and when going for first new boss kills to get loot, everyone will love your hat when it rolls another item for your team. Whilte not as impressive in terms of offensive stats as some of its counterparts, I think added hp will be very good in d4 where you will probably want to invest something into survivablity rather than 100% dps to burst down boss in 60 sec and move on to the next one as things are at the moment.
And on bard you can actually have two level 50 talents instead of one while wearing this thing. Double song has proved to be very powerful these days, and almost a norm when using Yarr.

And as for tier list of best to worst...
1. Yarr be Captain!
2. The Crooked Vulture
3. The Reborn Phoenix
4. Soulseeker
5. Helios' Blazing Eyes
6. Lucky Trickster
7. Flamebringer
8. Cold Reaper

Level 2
Good thread :goblin_yeah:

Are they worth attaining depends on item. I don't view all of those items worth pursuing for. No gamebreakers there imo, they are designed to be strong, but not superforce which is a big plus from me. Typical mistake of other rpg-s is they make legendary items masterrace by a mile in comparison to best alternatives, and that I don't like. System of attaining is fine with me. They are rare and you feel like you made achievement when you complete them and you also must really dig into farming them to get them.

Now I don't have experience using most of those items, but could answer from theory side what I think and why I don't care to pursue some of those items.

1. Yarr be Captain!

Honestly, best legendary item by far from outside bf. Solid stats and most importantly +35% drop. I would be very happy to use this helm on at least 3 classes as endgame item. +35% drop means that, if anyone has it in a team, I would take level 50 talent for double songs on Bard much rather than his lvl 50 +35% drop talent. Also, agreed with reason that it is always welcome to have more items drop from a boss.

2. The Crooked Vulture

I really like idea of active skill of this staff, only question is just how much is needed to replenish mana for a team. But, you know, it never hurts. Stats alone are pretty good on this staff for basically anything out there. At worst it can be used as throw in item to use to replenish mana for a team before swapping it out for a more powerful staff. I can see myself use this staff on a few characters no problem.

3. Soulseeker

I pick it on third place because of several reasons. Obviously having +35% soul drop is a great help at farming those red souls (and to seek those perfect blue souls) which is in my eyes more welcomed than having +35% drop from bosses what Yarr is offering because you usually kill boss like 20 times at most to get what you want, but getting great souls takes much longer. Secondly, it has great stats. 50 mana and life? 15 stats? Sign me in! Thirdly, it is great item to use in general. I plan to use it as a end game item on several characters like bishop, necromancer, druid, hexblade, maybe crusader... yes, there are items that offer higher dps/SP, but I value hp/mana from soulseeker more and especially bonus for souldrop than extra 10 SP or whatever else there is. So, simply great endgame item in general for several characters. Only reason why I didn't put him in second is because there are potentially stronger alternatives when stats are not so needed and because +35% soul drop is still mathematical territory since red souls are still quite rare with or without it.

4. Helio's Blazing Eyes

Sick item really, those stats are just amazing. Downside is it is only for a single class and that is the only reason why I didn't put it higher. But, for a Psion... damn sir, give me that now!

5. The Reborn Phoenix

Stats on this sword are quite solid and it seems very useful for some classes, namely Hexblade and Crusader. But, I'm not really into any character who would use this thing nor do I find it that attractive to be a really desirable item like other top 3 items. To me this item is like "if I get it, fine, if I don't, fine again."

6. Lucky Trickster

Quite good for Bard obviously, but not something I would aim to make at all costs. Also only for one class which puts it down on this list.

7. Cold Reaper

Honestly, I'm not sure how much use this item has, but I see some potential for both druid and hunter. More likely hunter. But, since its usefulness is questionable and there are good alternatives, I wouldn't really care to make that bow unless someone proves it is great for something.

8. Flamebringer

Not a fan of Berserker. He is great soul farmer, true, but he simply doesn't need this weapon. Alternative is practically just as good, though Flamebringer allows him to take that juicy Gaping Wound talent instead of 10% crit which should be tested, but I see it could add quite nice boost to dps. But, since it is zerker item and since alternative is just so good, I don't value this item much. It is literally similar to bow above, except I like bow potential more.

How would those items scale with new d4 items? I'm quite sure that top 4 from my list will be still very used and very desired whatever else is found in d4, with potential that Soulseeker might become less viable if something else crazy is introduced into game. I'd still value it high for its soul drop potential in solo environment. Also Vulture is not best staff around without that mana replenish skill, and if mana will be no problem on a new bosses, then Vulture might completely drop out of top useful items. All other items seem less unique and could be easily replaceable imo.

Last edited:
Level 3
1. Yarr be Captain! "DROP" HP+cc+dmg
2. The Crooked Vulture "AOE MANA" Nice Stats
3. Cold Reaper "AOE Agroo Control-Slow Enemy" A bit low agi+ap but worth to craft.
4. Lucky Trickster "Nice dodging/evade - Good for saving teammate from freeze/sleep you can reach faster than others" Nice Stats
5. Soulseeker "İts good with full party BUT since bf came out its last leg item on my list"
"İF" 4th rate soul come out will be first place on my list.

Level 5
1.Yarr be Captain!

This is the definition of a legendary item; it gives the most important stats for leather users (Raw HP). On top of that, it also has decent agi + crit which comes which in handy. The reason why this item is so high on my list is the ability to allow bards to switch between builds, with the addition double item drop chance, it gives bards the choice to open up and go for the double song talented build, which is super helpful in groups, rather than a single song talentless bard.

2. Helios' Blazing Eyes

If there an one item that will change a class from trash to treasure, this IS the item, not only this item has good stats it also gives psions another source of damage in the form of procs, sadly it can only be used by psions. A SP aspd proc monk will benefit a ton from this but it would be too good to be true.

3. The Reborn Phoenix

The most wanted 1 hander in the game by the players and one of the easiest legendary to farm. Drops from yeti (The big white dude in whitepine). From my experience this weapon is the best in slot for hexblades, it gives a ton of AP with INT. I have done a lot of hexblade skills tests/ builds and I concluded that a mix of str and int gives her the best benefits in terms of DPS and threat generation. Reborn Phoenix has all that you can ask for. Are you not entertained?

4. The Crooked Vulture

Mana is a huge issue in Gaias, long drawn out fights will drain everyone's mana. With the long cool-down of mana potion, some parties are in dire need for druids or bards. The sad part is not all parties will have these classes. Enter The Crooked Vulture, completely solves mana issues for leather/mail users at the expense of yourself, but hey you can always shout (alot of times) at your bard for some inspiration speech. Only for $9.99. Oh it has some solid stats too.

5. Soulseeker

The good old Soulseeker, made his name into the history books. Do not underestimate this item, the constant whining of soul drops in whitepine is way too high, all you need is a Soulseeker. It does what it says, just equip a few of these and farm dungeon 3, and you will find happiness in life.

6. Flamebringer

ME CUT YOU DOWN.
Zapper19 really hates this item though.

7. Lucky Trickster

Okay I have personal bias on this item, I cannot lie. This is the ONLY whitepine legendary that I don’t put in an effort to get it, yea the stats is nice and the flash step is fancy, but its basically a lucky7 on steroids. Oh btw flash stepping to interrupt Zharo healer add is pretty cool tho. 10/10

8. Cold Reaper

Whoever created this item, I wanna know what he or she was smoking.

Last edited:
Level 5
Cold Reaper was intended for the upcoming druid elemental damage builds.
main-qimg-493968e878889ae5dd7927881e87275f-c

Status
Not open for further replies.