• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What you did today v1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

HFR

HFR

Level 22
uh... how did you get there?
The level cap is 20 in the trial...

I'm not in the trial anymore. I got there for an instance, but I got killed before entering it...

So, there's an update: today I finally went to the instance (my first one), and defeated the level 16 sub-boss together with a warlock.

Ps: Travelling with Griffon is awesome.

PS 2: Tomorrow I'll give a rest to WoW, and a rest to this discussion too...

Changed my avatar to a derpface Giratina.

You call that derpface?

1281886913788.jpg

Last edited:
Level 13
Today I discovered that I'm oficially another WoW addicted. I play for hours, I don't go to school just to level up, I cross the entire continent of Azeroth at level 40 just to kill some noobs around Silvermoon...

You skipped school for WoW?

Honestly, that's retarded.

Level 12
HFR, try not to get too addicted-It can drain years out of your life.
Today I discovered that I'm oficially another WoW addicted. I play for hours, I don't go to school just to level up, I cross the entire continent of Azeroth at level 40 just to kill some noobs around Silvermoon...

On the bright side, you haven't reached level 80 yet. So quitting shouldn't be that difficult.

Anyway I watched Salt today with a couple of friends. It's quite a confusing movie and not that good, should've went with Inception.

Level 8

What WoW will do to a man. The appeal will wear off when you discovered everything.

edit: to below post

If you can manage it well enough then it's fine to play. The problem with WoW is the long lengths of time raiding takes, the wonderful thoughts of becoming stronger, discovering more, and exploring a wonderful, infinite, glowing world. When you've explored it all, and realize that raiding is pointless because all it rewards is more gear so you can raid even more, you'll probably lose interest.

I just say no to WoW. It looks awesome. Too awesome. I've seen it destroy friendships and relationships. If people could melt WoW in a spoon and inject it intravenously, they would.

I'll stick to modding my older games. It keeps me sharper, anyway.

Oh god don't you start with that talk again, "IT DESTROYS YOUR LIFE, I LOST MY FRIENDS", I'm sorry but don't you think that's your own problem? If you thought in the first place that WoW would be addictive/you started playing it and loved it too much, then you should've had thought about stopping and now after so many years people are saying "I LOST MY JOB" "FUCK YOU BLIZZARD", just give me a break will ya. Also you've "seen" it destroy relationships? Now that's really interesting.

On topic, I played a few starcraft 2 games with Rui, slaydon and mare and then saw enjoy do a duck face live.

I've played WoW - it's a game, nothing more, nothing less. It's not this incredibly awesome experience as a lot of people like to say it is, it's not the piece of shit other people say it is.

Stop acting like it's some sort of pariah, or some sort of golden fruit of the gods - I can't possibly understand how anyone could get so addicted to it like some people get.

ON TOPIC:

Returned from vacation

Level 17
What WoW will do to a man. The appeal will wear off when you discovered everything.

edit: to below post

If you can manage it well enough then it's fine to play. The problem with WoW is the long lengths of time raiding takes, the wonderful thoughts of becoming stronger, discovering more, and exploring a wonderful, infinite, glowing world. When you've explored it all, and realize that raiding is pointless because all it rewards is more gear so you can raid even more, you'll probably lose interest.

Quoted for truth, I can personally vouch for this.

It's not this incredibly awesome experience as a lot of people like to say it is, it's not the piece of shit other people say it is.

It is for some, and again, it is for some. Entertainment is completely relative, everyone gets something different out of everything they interact with.

I can't possibly understand how anyone could get so addicted to it like some people get.

They get addicted to the loot/gear system the same way people form most addictions, whether they be to gambling, smoking, or sex. They want that next tier of items, no, they need that next tier of item. To them it means something much more than someone not involved with the game. And it's not like these items don't exist; they DO exist, albeit as lines of code.

I LOVE GOING OFF-TOPIC.

Status
Not open for further replies.