• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What Maps Do You Prefer?

What map do you prefer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What type of maps do you prefer?

Maps that value fun-factor and imagination. eg. DotA
Or maps that consist of utmost quality. eg. Diablo 3 Warcraft.

So, if you don't understand me, do you like maps that are simple in nature, but provide good replay value and instant fun, or maps that are stylised and polished, with advanced and unique features to enhance your playthrough?

Level 15
What type of maps do you prefer?

Maps that value fun-factor and imagination. eg. DotA
Or maps that consist of utmost quality. eg. Diablo 3 Warcraft.

So, if you don't understand me, do you like maps that are simple in nature, but provide good replay value and instant fun, or maps that are stylised and polished, with advanced and unique features to enhance your playthrough?

Warcraft 3...which has all of those factors...

Level 5
Not in order of importance:

• Super high fun-factor
  • Massive replayability
  • Developer is active and open to suggestions from the community
  • Easy to learn but difficult to master

Last edited:
Level 7
as long as it's fun, i dont care how bad the quality is...however i do like polished maps for their epicness

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
I like well designed light pvp or coop maps. Light PvP is when games might feature player on player fighting but no player wins.

An example is SWAT aftermath (well designed coop map, reaks of quality). Out of all maps I played, its the only one where you can just feel how much effort was stuck into designing it.

Level 8
The fun factor definitely rules. But whats fun for one may not be fun for another. A better question to ask might be, define fun.

If you asked me what makes a map fun to play I'd say:

A fast paced game
Never waiting for something, ie health to recover, long respawn, build or research times, etc.
Being able to customize your hero in game ie choosing or buying your abilities
Having a variety of items to choose from without being too excessive
Having upgradable items
Enemy units that get more challenging as the game progresses
Finding things that can't be bought.
Multiboards that track a players progress
Having a hero that can move quickly around the map

Just to name a few :D

Level 30
I suggest DotA, I really don't know why some people hates the game so much, is it because they get pissed off so easily with the boasting and the trashtalks they intake during in the game or they just can't handle a little pressure for victory, DotA is fun in my interests.

but for D3 Warcraft? better! since the game keeps polishing its unique maps one after the another, but the rest of the other customs? its a exploration for entertainment :ap:

DotA is fun, but it is OVERRATED... just like how DSLRs are overrated...

For me, it depends on my mood or simply just what I want for the moment...

But I really love RPGs the most... then if I need some time off, I'll look for a TD or a mini-game map... then If I want some fast-paced action I'll play DotA or any D3 map by Boody...

Level 2
Fun factor for sure.

Like what leak said, it should be easy to learn but hard to master. It is probably why dota has received good comments.

Well made maps are also welcomed. Details are appealing and motivates players to play more to see more well designed graphics.

Status
Not open for further replies.