• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] What would you prefer?

The question are in the First Post.

• 1. Dialog System

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • 1. Chat Commands

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • 2. Buying stats

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • 2. Passive stat increament

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • 2. Mix of both

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • 3. Yes sure!

Votes: 9 100.0%
  • 3. No!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hey all :D

the question is as simple as it seems ^^ i have several questions and several possible answers....the numbers in front of the answers shows to which question it belongs.

please take just one answer per question.

also please tell me why you took that answers.

thanks in advance ;D

now the questions :

1. Would you prefer that you could do everything (change cam, show reputation, things like that) with a dialog system or do you prefer using chat commands? please also tell me what you would like to change at all no matter whether chat commands or dialog system.

2. Would you prefer to increase stats through buying items, through a passive system (primary stat increases by attacking with a X% chance per attack for example) or a mix of both?

3. Would you like to have a personality value (good to evil) beside the reputation value? (the personality value would give a passive depending on the measure of the value and depending on either being good or evil....also it would be needed for certain quests)

now its your turn ^^

again thanks in advance ;D

greetz clapto

1. I usually prefer chat commands. But make sure you keep some place (e.g. quests log) where someone can see the commands easily. Dialogs are useful in that you don't require the user to memorize or check anything, but they are usually pretty clunky.

2. I like buying stats. The passive stat increase sounds good too, but overall buying stats is a pretty nice means of customization. Leads to some pretty fun creations. :D It is always fun to buff one stat to the max. Anyway, if you do include this feature, make it so that stats are pretty important, because it would kind of suck to invest points or w/e into the stats without noticing any real difference.

I agree with nes though that this should probably be in an ability tab. (through a spell book or w/e)

3. Sure, you can have a personality system. It might be interesting, I haven't really seen it before.

Level 9
thanks for the answers so far :D

for the stat changing....i thought of something like this :

passive: everytime you attack (AGI & STR heroes) you have a small chance (about 0.1-0.2 % maybe) to get +1 to your main attribute passively. INT heroes (casters) get this chance by casting spells (but the chance would be higher....like 1%). it would be like learning by doing.

active: there are several traders all over the world selling books and everytime you buy a book you have a chance that you learn something new through it that results in +X INT. STR & AGI would need to do a small task (like crash the block of ice for STR) and that results in a +X STR or AGI.

that way INT would take gold and need luck and STR & AGI would take gold and time.

i thought of that because of 2 reasons : i hate the usual used 'click an ability button and you are stronger/faster/smarter' system (i wont call it a system but okay) and the second reason is that i think it would be nicer doing it that way because you just get smarter if you learn something new and you just get stronger/faster if you train so it would be at least a bit realistic ;D

to the 'chat commands or dialogs' question....i now chose to do both for things like changing the cam but i will just do dialogs for the rep for example (because rep is splitted in areas and sub areas and so it would be horrible to do it through a chat command^^).

and last but not least to nes' idea with fraction values....i like it but it wont fit in my map ^^ there are just 2 real fractions...the world is filled with monsters/creatures who are one side and on the other side are the humans. thats it. :D

ah and before ill forget it...all abilities depend on the stats you have :D so it is noticable and worth to do it ^^

Level 15
1. Would you prefer that you could do everything (change cam, show reputation, things like that) with a dialog system or do you prefer using chat commands? please also tell me what you would like to change at all no matter whether chat commands or dialog system.

Chat commands. I find typing something like -zoom 2500 or -rep 25 much easier than say using an ability to bring up a dialog box to do said actions.

2. Would you prefer to increase stats through buying items, through a passive system (primary stat increases by attacking with a X% chance per attack for example) or a mix of both?

A mix of both for variety. Items help with strategy.

3. Would you like to have a personality value (good to evil) beside the reputation value? (the personality value would give a passive depending on the measure of the value and depending on either being good or evil....also it would be needed for certain quests)

I wouldn't mind so long as the implementation of it was done well.

Status
Not open for further replies.