• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

what class do you want to see in this?

Which class you want to see the most?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
well no one seems all that excited by the witchdocter judging from that poll and I can't say I blame them, hes like a necromancer only not as cool. I voted sorcceress though I'd love to se th rogue from diabloI return, she was kickass and no has a real backstory thanks to diablo 2 and the decimation of the sisterhood. She could come back for revenge or something.

Yes Assassin can do sneak attack and kill you from behind!

omg they should bring back the rogue but make her an assasin/amazon hybrid ZOMG *excitement*

Level 12
I used to play diablo, played it for like 4 years I think. Though now everyone hacks on it and whoever has the better hacks wins =P Anyway I got the rogue from WoW mixed with d1 rogues

Level 13
People need to remember that they can't just bring back every class from previous games. In Diablo series, a class is not just a class, IT IS A REAL CANON HERO! For example all the characters from Diablo 1 were in Diablo 2.. Oh yes they were, all of them just became EVIL.:

Rogue - Blood Raven
Sorceror - The Summoner
Warrior - Dark Wanderer/Diablo

The same kind of thing is planned for Diablo III, the Diablo II characters being dead/mad.

I'm expecting classes similar to those that were in Diablo II except with new names and looks.

Level 7
People need to remember that they can't just bring back every class from previous games. In Diablo series, a class is not just a class, IT IS A REAL CANON HERO! For example all the characters from Diablo 1 were in Diablo 2.. Oh yes they were, all of them just became EVIL.:

Rogue - Blood Raven
Sorceror - The Summoner
Warrior - Dark Wanderer/Diablo

The same kind of thing is planned for Diablo III, the Diablo II characters being dead/mad.

I'm expecting classes similar to those that were in Diablo II except with new names and looks.

Well alot of rogues still did survive as they were there defending the Village camp, don't forget there was a whole sisterhood of them not just 1. Though I agree about the sorceror and warrior, theres no way they can bring them back. If I can't play as the rogue I hope atleast we can get rogue mercenaries like in D2.

They tend more to add to the backstory of the Heros rather than kill them off, like they did with the barbarian in the D2 expansion and the Barbarian hasnt been killed off in D3 so we can keep our fingers crossed for the others.

Level 12
theres really no need for a necromancer, witch doctor has most of his spells, so adding a necromancer is stupid

Level 37
I would like to see Necromancer. I just loved skeletons. However, if there is no necromancer, at least druid should be there. I like druid also because of his summons. I really like summon heroes, why? Because I'm lazy. I want to see that my army is owning some enemies and I'm just picking some items from the ground.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
I would like to see a not so fail druid.

Its summons should be based on the location and difficulty of the area you are in when you summon them. They should also synergise with some combat move to incourage hybrids while keeping them useful.

Also it should use nature more than elements. So a whole set of moves should be plant related.

Finally the anthrmorphic moves were a good idea and should druid be kept, they should be in.

All 3 fields of moves should synergise with each other in some way depending on move. So a poision one benifits from some plant moves while summons from morps and morph moves from summons etc.

Level 13
yeah, i have found some "bugs" in diablo 2 (like when you are in dungeon(you are under ground)you can still cast meteor or armagedon...) and i want to druid still have got hurricane spell because it was beatifullest spell in diablo 2 and i hope it will look better in diablo 3(like destroing all around)

Level 9
I like the whole "Assassin's Creed" assassin concept. Caldeum is located in a desert like area and the architecture appears to have a somewhat middle-eastern touch. It could work for another melee/combat class. Something like this perhaps:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
A summoner class could be interesting, one that relies on summons entirly to do damage.

It would have 3 kinds of summons.
Defensive
Offensize
Self

Basically defensive ones help other summons, yourself or allies.
Offensive summons attack and deal damage to your foes.
Self summons is what it relies on to do damage.

Basically if executed right I am sure it would be a decent class.

Level 23
Yes that comment has been passed a few times now... NONE of the old characters will come back (except for the barbarian), thus necromancer has been replaced by the witch doctor, when you look at the skills he have. However they could most likely make another "warlock"/"summoner" class. At least, Im 100% sure there will be another sorceror of a kind.

Level 12
Barbarian wont be the only one, they already stated in the video the barb wont be the only old class. Most likely there will bit just the witch doctor and some kind of mage.

Level 23
punwisp, you must have misapprehenced that. They have clearily said that the barbarian is the only class which will be revived. If you dont believe me, try to find it out on Diablo 3 News Community it may be a long time ago they posted it, so you might have to search for a long time... let me see if I can find it for you

Edit: I have read it somewhere but it appears that I cant find it atm -.-, let me see if I can find it in one of my previous posts.

However, there has been told that the necromancer could come back at the d3 expansion. But ofcourse nothing is certain.

Edit 2: I found it. Source Games Convention 2008: Only The Barbarian Will Return In Diablo III but it appears to be a broken link at the moment. Also, a diablofan member posted this.

Medievaldragon (diablofans) said:
Kotaku cornered Jay Wilson for a short interview where finally the cat is out of the bag. The Barbarian is the only class that is returning in Diablo 3. The Necromancer is completely out of the equation according to Wilson because it was a flawless class. It has no room for improvement beyond what it already is.

Regardless, that doesn't mean we won't see Necromancers as NPCs. This is not official through the interview, but the city of Ureh is within Necromancer territory, thus inevitable not to see Necromancer NPCs. Richard A. Knaak told me a few days ago "Ureh is an integral part of the game." Two years ago, Knaak also told us during the public Q&A that Blizzard had very special plans for Zayl the Necromancer.

The Necromancer, he said, was simply a victim of his own success. He was just too well crafted as a character, something that Wilson's Blizzard design cohorts, current and former, likely don't mind hearing. Necro fans on the other hand, probably won't be too thrilled to learn of his disappearance, despite the Witch Doctor class's similarities.

Here is also an interview which is saying that they have ideas of making the necromancer to a evil npc. Source IGN: Class and Skill Creation in Diablo III (Read it all, there is alot info about the witch doctor and the barbarian, nothing too new though)
Brian Morrissroe (Blizz. Dev.) said:
"What you see with the necromancer and the assassin, I mean those names right there are downright mean. In some cases those could actually be enemies in game, not just a hero class. That's really what we loved to think about. This universe is extremely harsh."

Last edited:
Level 5
I would like to see some Hybrid Classes like a melee with frost spells. But i believe their will be a an assassin like Hero with stronger shadow spells and that class will be called Shadowblade.

Level 9
Because the Witch Doctor sucks compared to the Necromancer. Hell, give the Necromancer that Wall of Zombies spell, hell even a Zombify Dead target. Slower movement than Revived, more hp than Revived dead.

I disagree. As seen in the video, the WD can hold his own fairly well, even without summons. In any case, it's still far too early to judge anything, we've only seen like what? 5 spells?

Level 4
I know that no one like the necromancers but that is my favorite D2 class. And since it kind of sort of propagated the whole "goth" thing back in the day (how many goth kids did you know who didn't know what a necromancer was, and where do you think they learned it?)

I'm fairly sure we'll see a necro. However any new class would be awsome

Level 34
I know that no one like the necromancers but that is my favorite D2 class. And since it kind of sort of propagated the whole "goth" thing back in the day (how many goth kids did you know who didn't know what a necromancer was, and where do you think they learned it?)

I'm fairly sure we'll see a necro. However any new class would be awsome
Everyone likes Necros, not sure where you got that idea.

Level 34
You wouldn't notice that much because the game will mostly be zoomed out and from bird perspective so you know... I doubt they'll include it.
Yeah I know, especially with helmets on, but it's not difficult to do really and just adds a little uniqueness to your character.

Status
Not open for further replies.