• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Unoffical classes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
Just thought we could bring up a discussion about unofficial classes. I will start with mentioning a few of those unofficial classes and you can just post your opinion about them, you know the drill. Feel free to add your own little list of classes.

To clarify, I don't mean create a random class out of your mind randomly. I mean classes that exist in game but isn't playable.

So here's a few from me:
Elementalist, Hydromancer, necromancer, runemaster

personally, I would love to see runemaster as a playable class in WoW, it's really unique compared to other classes. (other than dk maybe) I think it would look like a melee mage with a heavier weapon. This would look great on taurens :D

Level 17
elementalist = elemental shaman, hydromancer = frost mage, runemaster = death knight.
kel thuzad was a necromancer, look at where he is now.

also we got a melle class last expansion (monk) well and the one before before that (dk)>.>

i doubt bliz will introduce a new class in wod, simply because of the pattern they have followed: 2 new races in bc, new class in wotlk, etc..

we will probably get something like ogres for horde and god knows what for alliance

anyway on topic.. id like to see a blademaster (you know so that everything is even more horde oriented)

Level 16
So here's a few from me:
Elementalist, Hydromancer, necromancer, runemaster

personally, I would love to see runemaster as a playable class in WoW, it's really unique compared to other classes. (other than dk maybe) I think it would look like a melee mage with a heavier weapon. This would look great on taurens :D
elementalist = elemental shaman, hydromancer = frost mage, runemaster = death knight.
kel thuzad was a necromancer, look at where he is now.
You might read up, as they are not quite what you said above.
Besides, Look at Dark Master Gandling, he is a pretty cool Necro.
also we got a melle class last expansion (monk) well and the one before before that (dk)>.>
Monks aren't just Melee, they can heal as well.
i doubt bliz will introduce a new class in wod, simply because of the pattern they have followed: 2 new races in bc, new class in wotlk, etc..
I think you'd be surprised.
we will probably get something like ogres for horde and god knows what for alliance
You mean something like this?
How about a Tuskarr?
anyway on topic.. id like to see a blademaster (you know so that everything is even more horde oriented)
If you go by your own logic posted above, isn't Warrior a blademaster considering they can use 2 weapons and have the Bladestorm ability?

If we are to consider a hydromancer, We might as well include:My Personal Choices are:I know these are also listed from Warcraft 3 heroes, but hey, I loved Warcraft 3.
(Though these are not my fav heroes, we are just talking about classes here)

Level 29
Yes, basically. Id be ok if they'd scrap engineering for it, since like 90% of the recipes in the profession is obsolete in every way possible. Maybe if converted into a class mechanic and skills those can see the daylight and get used.
What i remember is during WotlK the motorcycle and flyers have been a nice income source, however.

Level 21
Since some people don't understand the word "discussion" and instead just list the classes, then I'll list ALL of them.

Core classes
Barbarian · Fighter · Healer · Rogue · Runemaster · Scout · Sorcerer · Tinker · Wizard
Prestige classes
Beastmaster · Bombardier · Dark apothecary · Death knight · Defias renegade · Demon hunter · Druid of the wild · Dwarven avatar · Dwarven prospector · Elven ranger · Engineer · Gladiator · Graven one · Horde assassin · Hunter · Infiltrator · Marksman · Mounted warrior · Necromancer · Paladin warrior · Priest · Primal · Scarlet crusader · Shadow hunter · Shaman · Spiritwalker · Steamwarrior · Warden · Warlock · Warmage · Windrider · Witch doctor
Epic core classes
Epic healer · Epic runemaster · Epic scout · Epic tinker
Epic prestige classes
Epic Druid of the Wild · Epic elven ranger · Epic marksman · Epic necromancer · Epic paladin warrior · Epic priest
NPC classes
Adept · Aristocrat · Commoner · Expert · Warrior

Core classes
Arcanist (Inscriber · Mage · Necromancer · Warlock) · Barbarian · Healer (Druid · Priest · Shaman · Witch doctor) · Hunter · Paladin · Rogue · Runemaster · Scout · Tinker · Warrior
Prestige classes
Ace · Alchemist · Archmage of Kirin Tor · Argent Dawn templar · Assassin · Beastmaster · Berserker · Bone crusher · Brewmaster · Buccaneer · Dark ranger · Dead shot · Death knight · Demon hunter · Dragonsworn · Duelist · Elven ranger · Enchanter · Exemplar · Fel-sworn · Gladiator · Gunman · Hexer · High divinist · Holy strider · Infiltrator · Ley walker · Lightslayer · Mountain king · Mounted warrior · Naga anomaly · Pandaren transcendent · Plagueshifter · Potion doc · Primal · Pyremaster · Sapper · Savagekin · Scarlet battle mage · Scarlet inquisitor · Shadow ascendant · Shadow hunter · Sister of steel · Spirit champion · Spirit walker · Spymaster · Steam warrior · Subversive · Techno mage · Techslayer · Ursa totemic · Vindicator · Warden · Wilderness stalker · Windwarrior
Variant classes
Aquatic druid · Aquatic shaman · Arcane alchemist · Auradin · Battle shaman · Contender · Dark inscriber · Druid of the claw · Druid of the fang · Druid of the nightmare · Druid of the talon · Dungeoneer · Elementalist · Far seer · Focused mage · Hidden warlock · Lone druid · Lone wolf runemaster · Martial enchanter · Melee hunter · Shadowmage · Totemic druid · Uncorrupted necromancer · Uncorrupted warlock · Wandering hunter
Racial iconic classes
Dwarf sharpshooter · Forsaken apothecary · Furbolg shaman · Gnome tinker · Goblin tinker · Half-ogre hunter · High elf mage · Human mage · Human paladin · Jungle troll witch doctor · Naga mage · Night elf druid · Orc warrior · Pandaren wardancer · Priestess of the tides · Quilboar thornweaver · Satyr hellcaller · Tauren shaman · Troll barbarian · Wildhammer barbarian
Creature classes
Abomination · Ancient protector · Centaur · Dragon · Dryad · Flamewaker · Keeper of the grove · Mountain giant · Nerubian · Ogre · Ogre mage · Sea giant
NPC classes
Aristocrat · Commoner · Expert · Soldier

http://www.wowwiki.com/RPG_classes

Now that listing classes is complete I hope people will elaborate on their ideas, instead of just listing them.

(I hate it when a supposed discussion is essentially just listing publicly available information)

Level 21
The thing with discussing warcraft classes is that it can't really be done on a non-general level in the case of unplayable ones.
So what I would instead talk about is the ideas behind them.

I am myself a very dark person in some sense, for which reason I like the undead. However, it's not for their appearance, but rather for their feelings. For instance, I wrote this (italics are not by me. Estonian sentences are comments)
Liches and necromancers for me are not necessarily evil and powerhungry like they have been portrayed in warcraft. Ever wondered why pretty much all warcraft undead are evil? There is usually no good justification. The scourge is evil because ner'zhul is. Ner'zhul is evil because he was manipulated by the legion. The legion is evil because a titan went crazy. The identity of entire factions is based on what single people did, with little room for different interpretations.
tl;dr - Warcraft games are bad at conveying lore. The books are better.

So why did I choose lich and necromancer(necrolord, to be specific)? Because for me they are symbols of true undead identity, unlike the evil-evil-evil of warcraft games.
What do I like about this identity? Immortality. Power at the cost of solitude. Strong magic that scales well by concept(effects not limited by time)

Level 16
The thing with discussing warcraft classes is that it can't really be done on a non-general level in the case of unplayable ones.
So what I would instead talk about is the ideas behind them.

I am myself a very dark person in some sense, for which reason I like the undead. However, it's not for their appearance, but rather for their feelings. For instance, I wrote this (italics are not by me. Estonian sentences are comments)
Liches and necromancers for me are not necessarily evil and powerhungry like they have been portrayed in warcraft. Ever wondered why pretty much all warcraft undead are evil? There is usually no good justification. The scourge is evil because ner'zhul is. Ner'zhul is evil because he was manipulated by the legion. The legion is evil because a titan went crazy. The identity of entire factions is based on what single people did, with little room for different interpretations.
tl;dr - Warcraft games are bad at conveying lore. The books are better.

So why did I choose lich and necromancer(necrolord, to be specific)? Because for me they are symbols of true undead identity, unlike the evil-evil-evil of warcraft games.
What do I like about this identity? Immortality. Power at the cost of solitude. Strong magic that scales well by concept(effects not limited by time)
Fair enough, good points too.

Status
Not open for further replies.