• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What Are All Possible Quest Types?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Creating a System:

I need to find every type of Quest there could be:

Here are the ones that I have come up with so far:
(Be Aware that Quests can be a mixture of the ones below, I'm just looking for the general "Types")

Kill Quest: Kill certain number of creeps

Item Quest: Find certain number of Items (By killing, or Collecting)

Travel Quest: Talk to Someone, or take something to someone

Event Quest: Enter/leave a Region, Destroy a Destructable(Ex: Pull a lever)

Now along with those types these 2 are different

Chain Quest: When you complete one, another Quest Becomes Available instead of leveling to gain quests

Story Quests or Choice Quests: When you complete a section of your quest, like kill 8 kolbolds and collect 8 candles, then the next part of the quest comes up, like Take candles to Alchemist Jorgan, and then after completing that it tells you to take the potion to the Mayors son and heal him, when thats finished Return to the Giver and recieve your reward

Level 9
I suppose you could have a quest like:
Build Quest: Complete the creation of structure(s).
Riddle Quest: Detects a player's chat message to a riddle question, if the chat message contains the right answer quest completes.

Level 5
you forgot defend quests where for example a city is attacked and you have to stop the waves of monsters(using it as a dungeon in my orpg xD)

and search quests where you have to find something (you just get some bare description about where it could be / like a riddle)

Level 9
you forgot defend quests where for example a city is attacked and you have to stop the waves of monsters(using it as a dungeon in my orpg xD)

and search quests where you have to find something (you just get some bare description about where it could be / like a riddle)

I believe those two fall into the same context as the kill quest and exploration quest.

Level 10
I'm pretty sure that a quest to defend someone wouldn't fall under 'Kill Quests'. I, at least, think they deserve a seperate category (Defense Quest sounds good enough).
There are survival quests, where (for example) you are in a dungeon, and suddenly fireballs start raining from the ceiling. Get out before you get roasted.
There are Race Quests, where you need to arrive at a point before someone else/other people.

Status
Not open for further replies.