• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How i can make an item quest -if a hero Pick an item type quest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
So first i think i want to make a map with a hero and items and quest .
But only i dont know how to figure it out how to make a quest like this type of ..that i want to make..
So if i had a hero and an unpicked item somewhere in the map .And i want a quest for my hero .. In some cases ..my hero need to equip xy number of item from one type of item that i choose.
How its possible to see in my quest how much item was(my hero) equipped yet?
Something like 0 of /5 of item was collected .Need 5 more.\\You need to go there for collect it..)

Another Question:For a hero type of quest if i want to bring an item to a buliding(shop) from a hero's inventory
to a second unit exactly ( that unit has an inventory too )
How should i make this type of quest for a map?
What should i do?
Can someone help me?
Thank you if your answering yes.

Level 21

this is just one. I assume there are more tutorials on this. what you need is pretty basic, reading a few of these should help.

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
So there's 2 Events to detect when a unit picks up and loses an item:
  • Events
  • Unit - A unit Acquires an item
  • Events
  • Unit - A unit Loses an item

The Event Response used to reference the item that was acquired/lost is called Item being manipulated, here's an example:
  • Events
  • Unit - A unit Loses an item
  • Conditions
  • (Item being manipulated) Equal to Claws of Attack +15 0000 <gen>
  • Actions
  • Item - Remove (Item being manipulated)

For Conditions, you can use Item Comparison to check for specific items that you have placed on the map or you can use Item-Type Comparison to check for generic item-types.

All of the Quest related actions can be found under the Quest category. See the attached picture.

Combine these Events/Conditions/Actions to create whatever triggers you may need. The basic idea would be to update the Quest log whenever you acquire/lose one of your items. You can also use the Acquire Event to determine when your Shop acquires the quest items and update the Quest log accordingly. An issue you may run into, which can be solved in many different ways, is the order of how your triggers execute. Since your Hero would Lose the item when it gives it to the Shop, it will cause ANY triggers that use the "A unit Loses an item" Event to run. This could result in the Quest log changing to an undesired outcome. You would want to account for this in your triggers by using Conditions to prevent these from conflicting with one another.

Attachments

• example.png
    example.png
    25.6 KB · Views: 21
Status
Not open for further replies.