• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WC3C... What?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 49
I can't believe on you guys. I truly hope this is a sad moment to SOMEONE at least. It might as well be the saddest moment in WC3 modding history. I'm honestly depressed right now. I don't know what is going on, it's all so confusing. That hacker guy, Caleb or whatever. My only wish right now would be that he stops destroying WC3C.net. What the duck...

Last edited:
I'm terribly sorry for wc3c... I'm sure it will be back, on the same server or on an other one, because normally all the data is supposed to be a on computer somewhere, they just lost the access of internet.

It is a sad day for warcraft3 modding, but i'm sure things will be fixed.

I never really visited wc3c simply because my hearth belongs to the hive, but I always deeply respected this site.

Level 5
its an sad moment for sure. Wc3C used to be the origin of pretty much all quality stuff around...

some days ago the page said something like "currently down, we will be soon up and running again" (but i do not believe that was a message written by a wc3c admin, but a default server message or something like that), before that caleb-page showed up.

someone checked wc3cs irc channel for info ??

Level 27
WC3C is with vBulletin too. What the duck does this has to do with anything?

they say "Purchase vBulletin, the most powerful forum software available."

Or isn't security included in the word powerful? Commercials ftl.

And yeah it's quite common that wc3c is down i already noticed it before you made this thread but didn't think too much of it because i got kinda used of that site going down once in a while.

Level 11
they say "Purchase vBulletin, the most powerful forum software available."

Or isn't security included in the word powerful? Commercials ftl.

And yeah it's quite common that wc3c is down i already noticed it before you made this thread but didn't think too much of it because i got kinda used of that site going down once a while.

Which forum software a side runs has absolutely nothing to do whether you can hack it or not?

Also, QQ moar debode. Why would someone cry for anything in the internet. Really.

This is what it said before:
attachment.php

But now I guess it is normal.

Attachments

• wc3c.png
    wc3c.png
    7.9 KB · Views: 353
Level 25
I want to write something about this "forum-loving bashing", but I just can't...
You grow attach to forums and etc, and when they die, it's kinda sad.
(I don't care how no-life that sounds, but it's true... It's like a playground.. Or something, if you get the point...)

If this really is the end of WC3C, it's sad, but I doubt it is 'cause this ain't sucha rare thing for WC3C :p

Level 14
I get "Server Is Temporarily Unavailable and will be back very soon", anyways the irc chat is still available so for me it's cool.

Level 15
wc3c.net is on a server at Hurricane Electric and the IP block is SWIP'd to Caleb Brown (as it has always been). I'm guessing someone just accidentally removed the virtual host record in apache, so the server was just displaying the first virtual host it had available for that IP. :wink: Perhaps something like that...

Level 18
I can't believe on you guys. I truly hope this is a sad moment to SOMEONE at least. It might as well be the saddest moment in WC3 modding history. I'm honestly depressed right now. I don't know what is going on, it's all so confusing. That hacker guy, Caleb or whatever. My only wish right now would be that he stops destroying WC3C.net. What the duck..

Rofl. It's okay little Debode, it's back!

Level 18
Well it depends what you have done. Many people don't use any external systems for their games they just use stuff they've made themselves (which isn't necessarily lacking in quality). If Wc3c.net were to cease then I would probably take it upon myself to release certain libraries that I find very useful in this resource section - it wouldn't be too difficult to reproduce it.

I think that if Wc3c.net were to go inactive permanently then many of the modders would simply move here.

Status
Not open for further replies.