• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Wc3 life is over?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Warcraft 3 is undead. I am hoping this game and THW will still alive when i finished my collage, when i got a lot of time

Level 22
abomination.gif
It's not over 'till the fat gentleman sings.

Level 21
So what exactly is the point of these threads. I honestly lost count but this question has been asked at leas since 2010 and probably earlier. And it is always the same obvious response "No we aren't dead, didn't you notice?" Or "Yes, go to Starcraft II" which is mysteriously missing.

oh! thanks for your comments! I feel a little more lively now!

Then another question: What happens to the moderators/administrators of the forum? Where are they?

We're here. All our staff is *mostly* active. If they are inactive for too long, they are demoted.

As for the original question: I still love seeing people's projects and helping them out. I don't think that'll change much, as long as this forum is active. :)

Kasrkin

Hosted Project: LoA
Level 26
Last night I played a Warhammer custom game with a bunch of random people, and we didn't throw a bunch of insults at eachother... insanity right? Just a bunch of Warhammer fans throwing quotes at eachother.

It's not over.

Last edited:
Level 5
For me it has been dormant a few years.. but during the latest LAN party, the map "Battledawn - Aeon of Legend" kept us fighting all night. We intended to play other games, but sticked to WarcraftIII. Best gaming experience we've had in a while, actually.

An advantage with this game is that it runs well on older computers and laptops, and it looks very good to with HD resolution (especially if the maps zooms the camera a bit out, squeezing the textures a bit together).

For me, I see no reason to ever stop playing the game.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Melee ain't dead.

Custom games are.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

How you think custom ain't dead?

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Okay.

I play wc2 regularly. Wc2 ain't dead.

at least it is the only one that is active at the moment ... or am I wrong?

only with bots? mmm not convince me :(....

Bots can connect to multiple servers at a time. That means that there is 100% higher chance to find more players joining your map from multiple servers.

When you host without a bot (manually) you only connect players from the same server.

I mean if the only way to host/create a game with a map of more than 8 mb is using a bot? (using the Warcraft 3 Universal Size Limit Bypass)

What are you even talking about? I am talking about player activity in joining your hosted games. This isn't even about 8 MB Map size limit ...

Level 30
Well, I guess you're looking for mods, I'm Hell_Master, nice to meet you!

Anyway, as for me, everything has its end but from what I can see, Warcraft 3 is still alive and kicking if I may put it. A proof would be the users here and those that are still modding (as far as I know, this is the right term) including me. The site itself is a proof.

Level 13
As long as I am still able to get Full House lobbies for maps I host, Warcraft life will never be over ;3

Status
Not open for further replies.