• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Farewell To WC|||

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
IMO WarCraft 3 when DotA took over last year, every time I log on it's just pure dota and some games I can't even read, then games I never liked.

Only game I would play was Wintermaul but now everyone plays Wintermaul One on Insane mode so it got boring. With StarCraft 2 there's going to be way more new maps and I'm looking forward to it.

We have a thread for that already in SC2 forum. Plus WC3 will never die in our hearths and hard drives of our electronic companions. I'll ask Py or Squigly to close this if you don't mind.

Seriously, chill out with the closing of every thread you see. 8/10 posts of yours have to do with respecting of the rules/closing threads/double posts.. God :S

Level 9
Wow, alot of comments.

I ll still play wc3 here and then, and I continued playing wc3 when I got games like CS, Left4Dead, WoW Vanila, WoW Crusade, WoW Wrath, Doom 3 , Shift, Crossfire, Fear and so on...

But SC2 is like a sequel to wc3 in future ( I said like a, it's not really same universe but I like to look at it that way ), and SC2 is giving us more than wc3 ever did ( not 100% sure, but it should ).

And Im sry about this being 10th thread of this type ( if it is, I never saw any so I made it ).

But SC2 is like a sequel to wc3 in future ( I said like a, it's not really same universe but I like to look at it that way ), and SC2 is giving us more than wc3 ever did ( not 100% sure, but it should ).

Not exactly - Sc2 has no heroes, is Sci Fi, is structured differently, etc. etc.
Also theres good things and bad things about the Sc2 editor - Alpha terraining is a definite plus, though a more limited use of water is a bit more of a meh. Its not like your not losing anything in the Sc2 editor.

Level 9
Not exactly - Sc2 has no heroes, is Sci Fi, is structured differently, etc. etc.
Also theres good things and bad things about the Sc2 editor - Alpha terraining is a definite plus, though a more limited use of water is a bit more of a meh. Its not like your not losing anything in the Sc2 editor.

As I said, not 100% sure, and not really seqel, but I like to think about it that way :)

Level 9
Maybe its just my opinion but, why someone should move from Wc3 to SC2?

I prefer Wc3 to SC2 even if the galaxy editor is better than this one.

Except better editor, graphics are also better, but if you like fantasy better than SF, you shouldn't move. I myself like good stuff, dosen't matter if it's fantasy or SF.

Also, when SC2 gets out, or maybe even sooner, there will be resources to make great medival maps as well, thus you will have more powerful tool with nicer eye candys to make medival maps, if you are a medival fan.

All in all, little change is good here and there, and if you are not evolving, you are dying ( someone wise said something like that )( Im refering to galaxy editor being better than world editor ).

Except better editor, graphics are also better
( Im refering to galaxy editor being better than world editor ).

Not exactly, the Sc2 editor is far from perfect and isn't as good with certain things then the Wc3 editor. Also Sc2's editor may be too graphically annoying for certain people, putting on high setting makes it near unusable on mine while I can run Wc3 on max. Also the whole foliage option may get a bit annoying for some people. Atm I don't like its organization either (they'll probably fix this) - its hard to get all the things from the palette windows (which are part of the interface on the left instead of free floating windows) to fit on screen - I've found it near impossible with the unit one.

Level 2
I'm pretty sure someone's going to create wc3 for sc2. The only reason I don't see switching over is because your computer cant handle it,(as the year pass on, this won't be a problem)and because you only play the original wc3(which really, who does?).

Level 9
Well, Im very sorry ifyou all got that feeling, but Im NOT forcing anyone. Original idea of this thread is for ppl whi will move to Sc2 to just say so. There is no reson to move to it if you don't like it or something.

So I guess this should prevent futur confusions and misunderstandings, right? :/

Level 3
Farewell Warcraft III, you were good while you lasted. It's ok, every end is a new beginning!

Level 1
Wait for All SC2 expansions to come out, the Diablo 3 and it's expansion, then WoW:C, then WoW2 and SC3/D4... and then you might get what you want.

Blizzard has given hints that what their developers really wanted to do is another Warcraft. So I doubt they'll do a WoW2, SC3 and D4 before it.

Level 9
Alpha terraining is a definite plus, though a more limited use of water is a bit more of a meh. Its not like your not losing anything in the Sc2 editor.

Uses of water are actualy far more powerful than in Wc3 and they are pretty much unlimited ( plz corect me if Im wrong ).

You can adjust so many options about water, including color, flow, reflectivity and height.

Uses of water are actualy far more powerful than in Wc3 and they are pretty much unlimited ( plz corect me if Im wrong ).

You can adjust so many options about water, including color, flow, reflectivity and height.

Well water is limited to a certain height you choose in the editor and serves no purpose in the actual game. The reflectivity is nice though.

Level 19
Plus some people still prefer fantasy over sci fi, like me. damn it! where is a warcraft 4!

Me too! I hope somehow, Battle.net will be popular again and there'll be a balance between Garena and Battle.net...

PS: Oh, and plus all those maps which people used to host regularly be hosted once again:)

Level 2
I hope you'll come back to Warcraft III now and then, and hopefully you'll make Warcraft III your main game after you've enjoyed Starcraft II a bit, because I believe that Warcraft III will still continue living if we can try to make it better!

Level 8
"If there’s a team that’s passionate about doing another WarCraft RTS, then that’s definitely something we would consider. It’s nothing that we’re working on right now, we have development teams working on Wrath of the Lich King, StarCraft II, Diablo III, and when those teams are all off the projects they’re working on, they’ll be intimately involved in the discussions about what’s next."

-Frank Pearce, Co-Founder of Blizzard

Status
Not open for further replies.