• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Farewell To WC|||

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Is this yet another "OMGOMGOMG SC2 KILLS WC3" thread? Seriously, someone close this.

If you actually read the contents of this thread you wouldn't need to ask such silly questions...

Re: The earlier argument about what came first and about Warcraft IV...

Despite what Pearce says... Blizzard are going to be working on all of these projects for the next 5 years or so... Who knows if Pearce will still be at Blizzard in that time span? Sure he's speculating...

But, in my opinion.. Warcraft was at its peak back in Warcraft 2 and the Tides of Darkness... I only really got into Warcraft III because of the modding element. And as someone mentioned before, World of Warcraft has completely raped the story line of the Warcraft world.

When I first played WC3 I thought it was a bit desperate of them to add two more races. The story line was okay. The missions were a bit repetitive after a while. And, Battle.net just became saturated in people hosting the same goddamn map all the time. There was nothing left for me but to mod-maps and pester people on forums relating to map-modding.

Warcraft 4? I don't think so. The way that WoW has sort of spun-off and spiraled out of control means that you have events of one Game-World happening in a game which is not part of the series any more...

Take this Analogy...
Game 1: The Beginning,
Game 2: The Betrayal,
Spun-Off Game: The Revenge
Game 4?

The story line has been butchered. :)

Anyways, I am looking forward to Starcraft 2. Simply because I feel that Warcraft 3 has sort of come to the end of its days. The engine AND editor has too many limitations for some of my more mundane projects... So, for me Starcraft 2 will be a playground. I am also eager to see how the story line progresses, did the Xel'Naga succeed in creating a hybrid race of the Protoss and the Zerg??!?! But, I guess that will take 2 expansions to fully turn around :)...

Level 19
Please calm down you both, there's no need to start a fight in here... Anyway, I hope you'll enjoy whatever you'll be currently doing:)
But in the meantime, I'm still having high hopes for Blizzard to come up with something!

PS: Preferably Warcraft IV, if it's possible for them.

Level 18
'And than there are still people saying WarcraftIII isnt dying but evryone is looking around and evryday they see a man leaving WcIII cause the Rise of SCII is about to begin and since the Galaxy editor is better than the WcIII editor they also stop with that. In other words the population of WarcraftIII shall become 0 and all Blizzard can do to bring it back alive is make a new WC perhaps a Warcraft IV Catalysm? who knows all people that still are loyal to WarcraftIII can only hope that it will become the same as a few eyars ago' Story writen by i_brg_doom :p

Level 9
Lets clear something out. I would like to see War IV but I dont think it's possible. It would probably be total epic fail. I also have nothing agaist Wow but it did kill story for War IV.

Second thing. There will always be War III players, maybe less but even those playing SC2 will occassionaly play War 3. I will play SC2, but if I like pork it dosen't mean I'll eat it every day unit rest of my life.

And I dont want to hear stupid comments like:" Ejj, War 3 is ultimate and ppl playing SC2 backstabed War3 and must be isolated from here." You can post opinions but have some respect, really.

In conclussion, War3 will probably get weaker, but not dead. All things once perish and War3 is hardcore bastard that will cling in there for a long long time.

Level 5
Dudes fo you ask me there is a way to burn the bad lore.How you ask simple some hero went to the caverns of time and changed the lore like the lich king was still not killed by Fordring and the cataclysm never hapened.

Level 8
When WarCraft III was released, did StarCraft fall into the shadows of yesteryear? No, it survived and is still played by millions of people online all over the world.

When World of WarCraft was released, was WarCraft III plunged into darkness, never to be seen again? No, it is still one of the most popular RTS' in the world.

Now that StarCraft II has been released, will StarCraft and WarCraft III remain in the abyss of the past? No, they will always be played by the millions of people that still love them.

Level 27
Well not always, actually, one day it will die... who knows, maybe when Warcraft 4 will (possibly) be released, maybe when WoW will become free and everyone's brain will die, maybe when we'll all be dead and our children will refuse to play anything that's not directly attached to your brain...

Level 5
Triple Necro. lol

As long as there is a loyal fan base, there will always be WCIII

It's like Amebix.

Amebix released two albums then quit. over time, a massive fanbase grew and bands that followed Amebix's formula emerged.

And now, in 2009/2010/2011 they're back together making new music.

Level 17
Wow, alot of comments.

I ll still play wc3 here and then, and I continued playing wc3 when I got games like CS, Left4Dead, WoW Vanila, WoW Crusade, WoW Wrath, Doom 3 , Shift, Crossfire, Fear and so on...

But SC2 is like a sequel to wc3 in future ( I said like a, it's not really same universe but I like to look at it that way ), and SC2 is giving us more than wc3 ever did ( not 100% sure, but it should ).

And Im sry about this being 10th thread of this type ( if it is, I never saw any so I made it ).
Please unplug your computer and stay away from Hive Workshop. Warcraft 3 hates you!

Level 19
You could always play Warcraft III and Starcraft II at the same time, heh.
Casual games won't really hurt, wouldn't want to see a person 'leave' Warcraft III (Even though it's impossible to!)
I'll be playing Starcraft II as well at the end of this year, but I'll not forget Warcraft III and still be active:)

Level 17
Please unplug your computer and stay away from it. Living in a past doesn't solve your problems. Not to mention now, when we have Starcraft 2.
Of course living in the past is not good but look at you...start a thread to tell people to quit warcraft 3...like saying "Ok, so Warcraft is Warcraft but everyone should play SC2 now cause that's the new shit !" If you like it ok but keep it to yourself. Like someone said it's not all about the graphics or features that make a great game and as far as I'm concerned Warcraft 3 will keep on living and I'll keep on playing it. And I bet I'm not the only one.

Anyway sorry for offending you. Peace. :)

Vunjo

Hosted Project: SC
Level 14
There's a fact. A huge difference in warcraft and starcraft. The story. Don't know about you guys, but I am a huge fan of it, and if there's a warcraft book here in my small country, I am deffinetly gonna buy it.

EDIT: And I forgot another thing. I hate when big communities change (such as THW), and so, this beautiful wc3 site is now for sc2 as well. I am not saying that sc2 is bad (actually it's far from that), but it shouldn't have ended up like this in my opinion.

Level 19
Yeah.
I hope they'll continue to support Warcraft and Starcraft and well, just enjoy themselves while they're at it and yeah, become successful from them.

Level 27
Of course living in the past is not good but look at you...start a thread to tell people to quit warcraft 3...like saying "Ok, so Warcraft is Warcraft but everyone should play SC2 now cause that's the new shit !" If you like it ok but keep it to yourself. Like someone said it's not all about the graphics or features that make a great game and as far as I'm concerned Warcraft 3 will keep on living and I'll keep on playing it. And I bet I'm not the only one.

Anyway sorry for offending you. Peace. :)
Ah, maybe Warcraft will live on but only as singleplayer and LAN... multiplayer is pretty much screwed now - cheaters in ladder, hostbots ruining custom map system (Honestly, host bots are even worse than SC2 map raiting system!). LAN aprties... well not everyone can do that... you need a lan connection to do that. And singleplayer... yes, that's where Warcraft 3 is still awesome and beats even Starcraft 2, thanks to the Campaings and the fact it's not hard to code a game for a single player... but still, singleplayer doesn't make game as fun and popular as multiplayer...

There's a fact. A huge difference in warcraft and starcraft. The story. Don't know about you guys, but I am a huge fan of it, and if there's a warcraft book here in my small country, I am deffinetly gonna buy it.

EDIT: And I forgot another thing. I hate when big communities change (such as THW), and so, this beautiful wc3 site is now for sc2 as well. I am not saying that sc2 is bad (actually it's far from that), but it shouldn't have ended up like this in my opinion.

We'll slowly die out if we won't take any actions towards Starcraft 2. These cahnges aren't bad, only good. The other thing would be if Starcraft 2 would start pushing out Warcraft 3, but to me now it more appears that Warcraft 3 is pushing out Starcraft 2.

Level 19
I do believe that Warcraft III would live both on multiplayer and single player though, considering that there are many people I know who plan to stay there for a very long time.
And newer/better mods are coming out as well, who knows, something might happen that'll increase the playerbase once again.

Level 27
I do believe that Warcraft III would live both on multiplayer and single player though, considering that there are many people I know who plan to stay there for a very long time.
And newer/better mods are coming out as well, who knows, something might happen that'll increase the playerbase once again.

Only thing would be death of Hostbots... but not sure if that's possible.

Level 19
Well, it could actually help sustain Warcraft III.
And I do believe the community is blessed and Warcraft III/Battle.Net would carry on it's amazing legacy forever:)

Level 19
Some might be annoying, but most Hostbots recently are more helpful, trust me, we couldn't advance further without them at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.