• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Question about WC:R Editor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
How different is it going to be from the current wc3 editor? To be honest, I'm so used to the sc2 editor - it's so much more fluid/modular/powerful/flexible than the current wc3 editor even with NewGen precompiler addons (LUA macros + vJass mainly, the data editor in wc3 is god-awful).

I was told by a peer, that it would be more relative to the current wc3 editor but with more trigger/script options, LUA support, and change-able UI (I get the feeling the UI will be similar to sc2, using xmls).

Level 11
As far as I know, it's going to be the same but improved current editor. Some people requested a mode similar to SC2 Editor, which would be switchable with the normal mode, but we don't know if Blizzard will offer that feature yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.