• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

SCII vs WarIII vs HoN map editor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
So I really want to get back into mapping but I was wondering how much better the SC II map editor is than the wc3 one and how much more flexible (in terms of coding)

Also does anyone know how powerfull the HoN map editor will be in comparison to the SC2 one, because I already have hon and im not gna buy SC2 if the map editor isnt much better than the wc3 one

thanx

Level 5
Heroes of Newerth doesn't even HAVE an editor as of yet... I played the beta for it and it seems to be just a graphically advanced WC3. The editor for it will most likely not be as powerful as the Galaxy Editor. Starcraft 2 is definitely the way to go.

Level 34
TD's are not hard to make :cute:
Might not want to choose the adjective "hard". Pretty vague. It is hard to make a well balanced and fun TD. However it doesn't (usually) take as much extensive knowledge of the editor as other maps, and doesn't require as much time to initially create.

Level 11
TD's are not hard to make :cute:

For your run of the mill TD, sure. For anything else, no.

Might not want to choose the adjective "hard". Pretty vague. It is hard to make a well balanced and fun TD. However it doesn't (usually) take as much extensive knowledge of the editor as other maps, and doesn't require as much time to initially create.

On the right track...

Level 8
Editor kinda sucks really. They are still going to wrong direction with lot of things, like they did wrong with wc3 editor. ( They dont learn about their mistakes. )

Also Id be little worried about current problems with b.net2 and the whole damn map popularty&publishing system.

If they manage to fix most of those things, though, there will at least be a nice big audience for your maps, which is the only good thing I can think right now.

edit.

I vote UDK.

UDK sounds really good, yea. You have any experience with it? How cool is it in reality?

Status
Not open for further replies.