• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

WC3:Bloons TD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
baassee

Presents

An online game remade into WC3 Style...

Bloons TD!

General Information

Idea
The idea is taken from ninjakiwi's popualar yet impressive game series Bloons TD

As mine will be a little bit more based on the last one, here is the link
Link to Bloons TD 4

Full credit is given to ninjakiwi for the main idea about bloons, I will only take credit for my work that I've done
Features

• *Complete triggered missile system that features:
    • *Missiles that moves into a proper direction and got each their own popcount that wont interfear with other missiles.
      *The missiles can't go out from "your map" if you play single map play.
      *Special effects are reduced for amount of missiles fired to reduce in-game laggs.
    *Freezing system, made for the freezing towers
    *Both single and team play mode that supports up to 8 players! With this if you are multiple players, you can all play in each and every map you chose or you can play team vs. team or even team vs. computer (like a normal TD)
    *Different maps and every player can play a different map at the same time.
    *Freeplay mode after you've past your round difficult(Easy 50 rounds / Medium 60 rounds / Hard 70 rounds) This freeplay mode will make it own spawns, unlimited levels!
    *No more "oh god the bastards leak", the team maps are more centralized and each and every player works together on the same spot and not at many different spots.
    *Acopalypse mode (as in Bloons TD4), bloons wont stop comming unless you loose all your lives.
    *Still catching the actuall "bloons" feeling with the "if pink bloon dies, yellow will spawn, yellow dies, green spawn and it goes on"
    *Restart function, if you loose, you can change to another map or play the same map again with the old difficult or a new one.
    *Rank system from Bloons TD4, so you wont have all towers from the start and have to earn them.
    *Save/Load system to remember your rankings (trying to fix a system with shortest code possible)
    *Upgrade system which improves the tower and only works for each and every tower so if tower 1 upgrade pop amount, tower 2 wont have that upgrade nor tower 3
The map

The map is multiple maps inside one, ofc the size of them isn't very big and there aren't many of them but atm there are 3 single maps and one team vs. team map (the last one can't I get a proper screenie too)

The Double SS (Very Easy)

BloonsTDSS.jpg
As you might see this is a very easy map and it is made for single player. You can easily group your towers and have the maximum use of all your towers. This is the beginner stage, if this is your first time playing it will be suggested to play this (it will be suggested for the newbies when playing the map too, don't worry)
The Spinner (Medium)
BloonsTDSpinner.jpg
As you might see this is a little harder then the Double SS, first of all it is longer. Now you think, why should that be a problem. Well in the start it isn't but when you go on to the harder levels you'll notice that you have a massive space problem for your towers. Not only that, you can't group towers so you can't use the technique, everyone at once tactics.
The Offroad (Very Hard)

BloonsTDOffRoadPart1.jpgBloonsTDOffRoadPart2.jpg
This map is quite big, I probably should scale it down later but for now I like it. There are no hard map yet as you see, this is a very hard map. Why? Well it got first of all multiple paths but also it splits into more parts for each "stage level" of the map. First 2 paths, then 3, 4 and at last 5. The bloons choose their path completly random so the right can go left and left to right, middle to right, left to middle and it goes on.
Map Version

At the very moment the map is on the Alpha stage. It is not playable (well I can play it but it is not much to play). Much things have to be done before I release it BETA but I will try not to make the BETA to complicated and not having all the features (ofc the stuff that is extremly needed to show will be there, like the missile system). And also have patiens, I have a life too and I can't be to busy working on this as the life have to go on. Also I'm workin' on DonDustin's map too so have to keep him in mind.
The Lists

What have been done

• *Bloon type, red, blue, green, yellow, pink, black, white and zebra are done.
    *With that above that also is done is the system that spawns the next bloon when another die.
    *Missile system is mostly done, have a few bugs left to fix but nothing to big
    *3 maps are finished, filled with regions.
    *Movement system (the bloons) Upgrading it to a new one
    *Level 1 - 10 are FINISHED YAY
    *Bloon model ~credit goes to Amigurumi for creating this :)
    *More updates comming up, working on the terrain a little
    *Code System implented made by TriggerHappy187
    *Prevent saving system added made by TriggerHappy187
    *Dart model ~credit goes to Amigurumi for creating this
    *Spawn system
To do list

Oh god this will be huge ...

• *Complete the missile system
    *Make the freeze system
    *Finish all types of bloons that are left (lead, ceramic, camo, MOAB, BFB
    *Choose map system (got some bugs atm that are huge)
    *Finish all level to 70 (basic the integer numbers of each level of spawns and how many of that and this bloon)
    *Make the freeplay mode system
    *Make all towers (only have dart tower atm)
    *Make all upgrades
    *Make sell system that counts in the upgrades
    *Terrain fix, yes some doodads will do it! :)
    *New maps including maps that got roads on a higher height and lower
    *Restart function (well have on working but I dont think it wont work later so have to remake it)
    *Implent a code system
    *And it goes on ...
Screenshots

BloonsTDSS.jpg BloonsTDSpinner.jpg BloonsTDOffRoadPart1.jpg BloonsTDOffRoadPart2.jpg BloonsTDBloonShow.jpg BloonsTDChooseSystemScreen1.jpg BloonsTDChooseSystemScreen2.jpg BloonsTDChooseSystemScreen3.jpg BloonsTDChooseSystemScreen4.jpg
What I need from you!

First of all, I need your point of view of this project.

Suggestions suggestions I'm always open for it as long as it got the simple bloon feeling about it

MODELS god I'm using wisps as bloons right now, I need real bloons like in Bloons TD, also monkey tower models and the "boom" model are needed.

Gramma correcter, I am pretty good in my english classes but I make mistakes like everybody else (A)

Spawning is fixed, so are levels. Movement is fixed. Now working on with the annoying pop sound.

Yes I know I am not updating this much but I'm doing lots of stuff and dont have time to write here all the time :p

Well the spawn system is ready, uploaded in the spell section too for those who want to take a closer look

-Commonly I fixed most visual things as symmetry stuff
-No terrain changes yet
-I got the triggers I need for a release just need to bind them with other triggers :p
-Also got a dart for the darts made of the maker of the bloon model, cant spell the name so wont try ;)
-Else it is starting to look good, hopefully the Alpha playable will be out soon stay tuned!

-Fixed the movement for player 4,5,6,7,8

-Added Screenshots about the choosing system
-Changed few stuff on the game interface and also the constants
-Reworked the choosing system to support 8 players
-Fixed region bug, found it in the optimizing state
-Movement system complete for player 1,2,3
-Lots of variable added for the movement system

-Added a small screenshot of the bloons
-Fixed the RBE numbers of level 11-25
-Fixed the height of the bloons

-Added a camera system

-Added Prevent Save System and Code System

Have a good time! :)

Happy holidays! - 24/12 - 2009

Best of luck and wishes

regards

~baassee

Last edited:
Level 12
sad i cant make models :/ i believe that its pretty easy to create a simply bloon model. I have played bloons since the 2nd game xD i wish you the best luck on making this map. Maybe if you havent.. You should make a request of the baloon model and the monkey model in the request forum :)

Level 22
sad i cant make models :/ i believe that its pretty easy to create a simply bloon model. I have played bloons since the 2nd game xD i wish you the best luck on making this map. Maybe if you havent.. You should make a request of the baloon model and the monkey model in the request forum :)

well I probably should, wont request, just going to ask a modeler I know you know, a favor for another favor? :)

if he can't, I will request it and thank you very much ^^

I could model you some balloons.
I try to learn how to add teamcolors, so you don't need more than one model for 12
different colors.
this is a small preview, of a bloon I did in 1 minute :D
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin.php?id=c9cebb

if it needs animations, I can add simple ones. Since this is a simple model, and
you cannot make many different animations for a balloon, I should be able to animate
this thing.

But don't expect me to model something like the apes, because I've never did such
a 'complicated' model.

//Edit1: okay, learned how to add teamcolors in...let's say 5 minutes.
//Edit2: well, I added a stand, walk and death animation. (In the death animaton, nothing happens, only disappearing (don't know how to work with effects)) and I'm tired now, going to bed.
//Edit3: made now a bloon with zebra stripes and armycloth look. I hope you don't mind if these two use custom textures?

Last edited:
Level 22
wieee back again after a lovely vacation! :)

@dark

nope sry

@omg

^^

@ami

oh god thank you very much, looks lovely, no need with the death animation nor dissipating cause I wont use those, need to reduce lagg :)

I dont mind about custom textures as the map is 90% based on triggers ;) thank you very much :)

@hell

haha but you are a triggerer shouldnt be to complecated to pick up a flashgame and remake it? ^^

well atm I dont know but I will give ya a call if I need any :)

wieee back again after a lovely vacation! :)
ah, I thought this project was dead :>

well, I can send you the model. I know now how to make a death animation (also
with particles :O ), so I can edit the bloon model a bit, so it looks nicer.
I try to reduce the particle amount, so it won't lag, when there are more than 200
bloons :p

Level 22
ah, I thought this project was dead :>

well, I can send you the model. I know now how to make a death animation (also
with particles :O ), so I can edit the bloon model a bit, so it looks nicer.
I try to reduce the particle amount, so it won't lag, when there are more than 200
bloons :p

1. gosh no ;)

2. ehum well if you can make it with particles that would be great but yes there will be more then 200 believe me :p

Level 22
well I played the new one, where you posted the link, and I was at a friend.
he was so annoyed of the *pop* sound of the bloons, that he said, I should
turn off the sounds xD
hope you will include that sound, so I can annoy my friend again :p

that is the thing that it may be copy stealing if I record it directly from the game so I might just hook up with some pop sounds from "free sounds" release

Level 22
you can use my missile sys if it's finished and aproved :)
and i also can improve it for this map

well I actually got my own custom made missile system :p

but the thing is the it is recycling and only can store up to 8191 slots and for 8 players that is an average of ~1000 missiles at once which will lagg breifly but crash if it overwrites the limit :/

so I may need another one, a back-up system or maybe two actually :)

Level 5
I think this could be a really good idea, only problem is the game itself lasts maybe 1.5 hours in that time you don't even make the rank 28 which unlocks all things.. people would be spending about 3-4 hours of constant playing to finally use all the aspects of the game, which can be unattractive to people who first play and want a break from more hardcore games such as DotA.
EDIT: that is if you are basing the rank system off the last Bloons

Level 22
I think this could be a really good idea, only problem is the game itself lasts maybe 1.5 hours in that time you don't even make the rank 28 which unlocks all things.. people would be spending about 3-4 hours of constant playing to finally use all the aspects of the game, which can be unattractive to people who first play and want a break from more hardcore games such as DotA.
EDIT: that is if you are basing the rank system off the last Bloons

well as you will be able to save your score with a code you can play as long as you want and then save :)

actually planning to make it able to save the game thought it will be very hard to but probably with some integers and stuff it looks bright ;)

@dark

oh sry

updating first post (A)

edit

small update

Last edited:
haha well then I think all would get mad at me if you did cnp ;)

I don't think why it would against anything to copy and paste, as long
it's not uploaded to hive.

but hell_gate, you have to know, that it have to look cartoony.

but ask baassee, he is the mapmaker :)

Last edited:
Level 26
didnt had time so far to work on the models, but got an idea: he real game basicly only uses 1 kind of monkey, but think it would be much better to choose different ones which represent some ability in some way:

examples would be a monkey with this texture http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/skins-552/medivh-60952/?prev=search=monkey&d=list&r=20 for the spellcaster monkey or a model with this http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/skins-552/abomination-61716/?prev=search=monkey&d=list&r=20 or this http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/skins-552/hellscream-61751/?prev=search=monkey&d=list&r=20 skin for the aoe dmg tower

Level 22
@ami

the thing is I'm missing of icey effects, you know the bloon will still be whole red I think even if I attach an effect, tell me if I'm wrong (probably am but just to make sure :p)

@DD

no worries, it isnt the main priority atm but don do you know if it is possible to make this "boom" texture when a bloon pop (like in the game)?

Status
Not open for further replies.