• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Height TD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Ok so i've basically scrapped my other map i was working on because i guess LOAP isn't very popular, so i am working on my other map.

And as you've probably guessed, the name of the map is Height TD. The whole objective is like any other TD, but with a twist. There will be a flat area and a cliff area where you can build your towers. Your towers can get advantages added to their attacks if you construct them on either the cliff area or if you build them on the ground.

The ground area is so you can maze and get certain advantages that you can't get if you build up higher, and the cliff area helps to give you certain strategies that can help you achieve the goal.

As of now, i have only 1 basic tower and an upgrade for it (just started it not too long ago and have been fixing my other map's bugs).

Right now with the basic tower, it doesn't get any advantages high or low. So that is why it is basic. But if you build it on the cliff and then upgrade to the upgraded tower, besides getting more damage, it gets its damage increased by half.

i have more ideas, but haven't gotten to them yet. For example, a frost tower. If you build it on the ground, it gives your tower the default frost ability (which slows the target 50%), but if you build it above you don't get the frost ability. This is to prevent just putting them on the side and encourage to build it with your maze instead of on the cliffs.

So that's it for now. Right now...

Terrain - 100% done (4 players on a team TD)
Triggers - 1% done (just that 1 tower advantage trigger)
Abilities - 1% done (i have one ability so far)
Units - 1% done (the 2 towers)

Level 2
Wait, why would you discourage people from building their towers in a worse spot (if there are no otherwise advantages/disadvantages for that tower)?

(referring to the frost tower here)

The reason i want to discourage use of towers sometimes is because then the frost tower won't be OP as in you just have them on the walls while having all the dmg towers on the ground. This also gives room for the height advantages of other towers that won't do so well on the ground.

This also makes you use different strategies instead of everyone doing the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.