• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warlock 1.01b

This bundle is marked as high quality. It exceeds standards and is highly desirable.

Warlock

by Zymoran and Adynathos

Dota 2 Warlock

Warlock's successor can now be played in Dota 2!
Play now | Details | Steam group

Community

If you want to be a part of Warlock and its community, head over to WarlockBrawl.com, where you can discuss updates, post suggestions and report bugs.

RGC

You can find Warlock games to play on RGC, a Warcraft III client. It supports stats-tracking ladder (ranked games) in Warlock (and DotA), which will record your stats on the ladder leaderboard.

Videos

Use the tabs to switch between videos.

099 Promo

Rare Cases

Mad Skills

Scourge Unlimited

by Sleek
by Nikosar
by Sleek
by KoliS

Screenshots

Click for full size.

Changelog

A small maintenance update.

Changes:
- Updated titles/tokens for tournament winners!
- Changed name of Phantasm to Arc
- It is now possible to to toggle Arc between clockwise and counterclockwise
- Fixed a visual bug where suicide would not show any death effect
- Fixed a potential desync issue
- Improved visuals on Arc and Bouncer Recharge
- Made of Money death effect is now the only cosmetic that can be purchased without any tokens (costs 1 gold)

Keywords:
Warlock, warlock, brawl, warlock brawl, Warlock Brawl, warlock, Warlock, warlock, Zymoran, Demestotenes, Adynathos, PvP, arena, warlock, Warlock
Contents

Warlock 1.01b (Map)

Reviews
Vengeancekael - [Contact] Date: 2012/Jun/29 22:50:45 Comment: [Approved] After 4 years in development Warlock has definitely improved and thus deserves a higher rating - Rating changed from [4/5] to [5/5]. Resource Moderation - Rules 12:32...
Level 10
Maybe i am wrong, but did you changed speed of Homing Missile? Speed when you launch missile or anything?? I know that you changed missile model, but did you changed any other thing?.....becouse it looks more powerful than before....Before spell was looking balanced to me, but now.....maybe to strong for so noobish spell.....It look like now players pick this spell more than lightning or Boomerang......

Level 7
Maybe i am wrong, but did you changed speed of Homing Missile? Speed when you launch missile or anything?? I know that you changed missile model, but did you changed any other thing?.....becouse it looks more powerful than before....Before spell was looking balanced to me, but now.....maybe to strong for so noobish spell.....It look like now players pick this spell more than lightning or Boomerang......
Homing has not really been changed in 099c. You must be comparing it with some much older version.

The homing speed change was made long time ago, and based on the fact that most people disliked the concept of a slow homing, which would always end up with a player running in circles for quite a while in order to dodge it.

Lightning/boomerang/homing are generally considered very balanced among the competitive Warlock community.

I do admit that lightning and boomerang may require a little more skill than homing.

Level 10
Homing has not really been changed in 099c. You must be comparing it with some much older version.

The homing speed change was made long time ago, and based on the fact that most people disliked the concept of a slow homing, which would always end up with a player running in circles for quite a while in order to dodge it.

Lightning/boomerang/homing are generally considered very balanced among the competitive Warlock community.

I do admit that lightning and boomerang may require a little more skill than homing.

That for shure, ofc that other two spells require more skill, speed of homing looks to fast only in moment when is casted (in launching time)...it is very hard when enemy launch missile and you are at medium distance from him....later (when missile start to track you) speed look good,and you can avoid it...

One idea: maybe to every mage class gets different "Fire Bolt" not much different but at least to have something unique....

Also i must admit that i didnt tested this last version....downloading

Level 6
That for shure, ofc that other two spells require more skill, speed of homing looks to fast only in moment when is casted (in launching time)...it is very hard when enemy launch missile and you are at medium distance from him....later (when missile start to track you) speed look good,and you can avoid it...

One idea: maybe to every mage class gets different "Fire Bolt" not much different but at least to have something unique....

Also i must admit that i didnt tested this last version....downloading
you can take suggestions to www.warlockbrawl.com where they'll be listened to

Level 6
Don't you think that is a bit over powered? Just from casting wind walk while being linked you basically die.
unfair, maybe, not overpowered. if the person linking you is on lava or using phoenix, scourging will break the link. that said, it might actually be a bug dunno might be "fixed".

When's warlock v1.00 gonna release?
there are already test versions out. they are uploaded to rgc at (eu) warlock by zymoran. if you want to test with us, feel free to check it out.

Level 7
Anyone who is interested in the warlock development is most welcome to track our progress on RGC / Warlockbrawl - as well as joining us in testing the newest test versions.

Don't you think that is a bit over powered? Just from casting wind walk while being linked you basically die.
I'll see to this issue. It does sound like a bug which I thought I had already fixed.

Please post all bugs and suggestions on our forums: www.warlockbrawl.com
We are currently testing several new spells and we could use some feedback.

Last edited:
Level 3
What are Tokens (lumber) for? and how and why do i get it? (i was playing 1.00 for firsttime, got 5 streak and it says +1 token) It says it is obtained from tournament stuff but i was in a normal game with some friend?

Level 6
What are Tokens (lumber) for? and how and why do i get it? (i was playing 1.00 for firsttime, got 5 streak and it says +1 token) It says it is obtained from tournament stuff but i was in a normal game with some friend?
those are temporary, and you can only get 2 in a single game total. permanent tokens, attached to an account, are achieved through tournaments.

Level 7
wait, this map was uploaded in 2008 and now still at version "1.00"?
The Warlock map is very old (and highly developed).
We decided to name the new version 099 -> 1.00, which looks a little better than 100.
An almost full release history of Warlock can be found here:
http://www.warlockbrawl.com/index.p...e-to-find-all-warlock-versions-from-beginning

Okay, that makes sense, do it has any uses, or is it purely only for show-off/decoration/whatever people call it?
Any VIP items (i.e. items bought by tokens) are cosmetic only and does not provide any stats like the items that can be bought for gold. The high cost cosmetic items are quite neat though.

If you want to acquire tokens (more than 2 tokens from kill streaks), you can join our monthly tournaments where the winner(s) are rewarded with tokens. You can also join the RGC ladder which will be reset soon. The top player(s) on the ladder will be awarded tokens.

This is an awesome game.. But too bad it doesn't have any AI.
Anyway Looking for players in Garena, to play this game...
I like the map because it has awesome spells!, but it is not AI :((.
Unfortunately, making an AI is very complicated in a fast phased physics game like warlock.

As far as I know, Garena hosts warlock occasionally.
However, our main Warlock community is located at the RGC platform:

Level 3
Awesome game. Very exciting when your about to die. Some spells go perfect with each other. Spells are nicely done.

However, why is there a ''primary spells 2'' slot if there aren't any spells in it?

Level 16
793 bananas

Roflmao :'D

Anyways, we're going to held a LAN party next weekend, I think I'll get my friends to give the new version a try. Most of us likes Warlock (the only reason why we don't play it that frequently is because my friend played the cr*p out of it on Bnet and he doesn't want to play it anymore), the only complaint I have is the keymapping, which is quite painful.

Level 6
Level 16
I usually used WarKeys, but that way I couldn't change the colour of my Fireball :S

Most of the hotkeys are fine (although I'm kinda missing the QWER layout), it's mainly the shield (dunno it's name as I don't use it, since I can't reach its hotkey) and the root (I can reach this one, but it's hard) that look super useful and great when used, but I simply cannot reach their hotkeys.

That tool looks cool though, I think I'm gonna check it out next saturday. Thanks!

[EDIT]
Oh nvm, you can change the colour of your Fireball too using this to awesome pink! Yea, that tool is definitely great.

Level 6
changing the fireball color is actually just a matter of typing "-fbc RRR GGG BBB" where you replace the letters with your red, green and blue values. it also supports hexadecimal via "-fbc #FF0000" where you replace the hex value with your desired one. the tool just works as a shortcut to this command.

Level 16
changing the fireball color is actually just a matter of typing "-fbc RRR GGG BBB" where you replace the letters with your red, green and blue values. it also supports hexadecimal via "-fbc #FF0000" where you replace the hex value with your desired one. the tool just works as a shortcut to this command.

Yup, but you can't type in "fbc" as 'f' is a hotkey too, which if I rebind using WarKeys, I become unable to use "-fbc". And pink fireball >>> convenient keymap.

Is there a missile engine used or is every spell coded on it's own?

The logical thing would be to have an engine behind, coding every single knockback would be a lot of work.

Level 16
Well, as long as it works and doesn't drain all your computer's resources I'm fine with it, even if it's written in HLA :'D It might have gotten rewritten, but you may never know what's in the background. Sometimes when I need to change something on my map and open a really old trigger, I can't help laughing at how bad it is :'D I've rewritten almost everything, but certain things are soooo big and complex that changing them would be a lot of 'unnecessary' work.

Would be nice to see an unprotected map nevertheless.

Level 6
Yup, but you can't type in "fbc" as 'f' is a hotkey too, which if I rebind using WarKeys, I become unable to use "-fbc". And pink fireball >>> convenient keymap.
i see. with warlock keys, simply press f1 to toggle its on/off status. when off, you are able to type freely (and enter -fbc).

Actually I found an old unprotected version and I really hope it's completely overworked in the current version. There are udg_ variables everywhere in the map and the systems are part JASS, VJASS and GUI. :/
don't be ridiculous. you either found a hacked/phony version or one of the very first versions, created over 5 years ago, which was initially made in gui. shortly after, warlock's engine and physics was completely redone by adynathos and is one of the more efficient engines you'll find in wc3.

Level 1
Actually I found an old unprotected version and I really hope it's completely overworked in the current version. There are udg_ variables everywhere in the map and the systems are part JASS, VJASS and GUI. :/

It's the worst object engine I've seen so far.
How old exactly? The engine was always amazingly efficient for what it was able to do from what I could see.

You could always just ask on the http://www.warlockbrawl.com/ forum

don't be ridiculous. you either found a hacked/phony version or one of the very first versions, created over 5 years ago, which was initially made in gui. shortly after, warlock's engine and physics was completely redone by adynathos and is one of the more efficient engines you'll find in wc3.
Okay thanks for letting me now, can you check the map header and check if there is any "ExecuteFunc" and messing around with something like if udg_FuncToCall[Index] != "Shield" and such? Also does the object engine have udg_-Prefixes everywhere? If not I am happy to know it's overworked :)

Level 6
you will have to ask zymoran, recommend you direct any further questions to our forums where you can get a fast response.
it's just a basic engine. it emphasizes efficiency (by wc3 standards anyway) due to having to support many objects on screen in e.g. full house games and otherwise due to the limitations of wc3.

Level 7
Well, as long as it works and doesn't drain all your computer's resources I'm fine with it, even if it's written in HLA :'D It might have gotten rewritten, but you may never know what's in the background. Sometimes when I need to change something on my map and open a really old trigger, I can't help laughing at how bad it is :'D I've rewritten almost everything, but certain things are soooo big and complex that changing them would be a lot of 'unnecessary' work.
Warlock 1.00 had a memory leak bug, but that has just been hotfixed.

We have run through the very old warlock triggers and optimized them everywhere possible. This is a long but necessary process for making an efficient map.

It's the worst object engine I've seen so far.
You must be talking about the very first Warlock versions, which used a GUI engine.
Post ~080 versions are fully written in Jass without using udg_variables, and with minimal use of ExecuteFunc (only run in rarely used functions).

Instead of playing the 5 year old versions, I would recommend that you play Warlock 1.00b.

Is there any unprotected version? I would love to see the engine behind.
Because of the high demand for hacked Warlock maps, we do NOT publish any unprotected versions.

You can be lucky to find an old unprotected Warlock version.
This will give you some overview:
http://warlockbrawl.com/forums/index.php?topic=55.0
Note: The old versions uses an outdated physics engine.

Is there a missile engine used or is every spell coded on it's own?
The physics engine handles the actions of any physical events such as collisions. The only spells coded on their own would be Teleport and Scourge (if you ignore the knockback) I guess.

Is the Object Engine open source or specially made for the map?
Either way, is there any way to take a look at it? I'm kinda curious.
The Warlock engine is not a streamlined engine which can be downloaded anywhere. The engine is specifically optimized for Warlock, so you probably can't use it.

Warlock uses an optimized O(0.5*(n-1)^2) physics engine with collision-squared detection.
This is a small part of the engine, which may give you an idea how the rest of it looks like.
http://ge.tt/6Qro4JA1/v/0

If you have any questions, contact me at [email protected] or www.warlockbrawl.com

Level 16
Warlock 1.00 had a memory leak bug, but that has just been hotfixed.

We have run through the very old warlock triggers and optimized them everywhere possible. This is a long but necessary process for making an efficient map.

I was not referring to that leak - I haven't played Warlock (/WC3) for months and didn't even know about 1.0. But some maps generate an immense lag on my PC, that runs Crysis 3 and other new games on high/maxed out graphical settings smoothly, and I just wanted to point out that Warlock isn't one of those. It's really lightweight.

Level 3
This is an awesome map! I like how you can change the color of your fireball and change the modes of spells. Nicely done map.

Level 4
If you're interested in playing warlock in public games, I've set up an autohost bot for warlock. Its name is ClanWLSEU on all the official servers, and CLANWLS everywhere else.

The bot is currently owned by iXi. from Clan WLS on the official Europe battle.net server, and jointly run by him and me.

The bot is located in Germany and it connects to all of the official battle.net servers, EU RPG ROOM 1-4 and US RPG ROOM 1 on Garena, and the rubattle.net, europe.warcraft3.eu, server.eurobattle.net, and w3.europebattle.net private severs.

The mode is automatically selected to -gold 20 when it starts, and the number of players before it starts is 5. This might be changed when future versions update the autostart system.

You can join the Garena GROUP ID 731683, visit Clan WLS@Europe or talk to me on RGC at the channel (EU) Warlock if you have any suggestions, questions etc. (My username is Miike.)