• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warlock 1.01b

This bundle is marked as high quality. It exceeds standards and is highly desirable.

Warlock

by Zymoran and Adynathos

Dota 2 Warlock

Warlock's successor can now be played in Dota 2!
Play now | Details | Steam group

Community

If you want to be a part of Warlock and its community, head over to WarlockBrawl.com, where you can discuss updates, post suggestions and report bugs.

RGC

You can find Warlock games to play on RGC, a Warcraft III client. It supports stats-tracking ladder (ranked games) in Warlock (and DotA), which will record your stats on the ladder leaderboard.

Videos

Use the tabs to switch between videos.

099 Promo

Rare Cases

Mad Skills

Scourge Unlimited

by Sleek
by Nikosar
by Sleek
by KoliS

Screenshots

Click for full size.

Changelog

A small maintenance update.

Changes:
- Updated titles/tokens for tournament winners!
- Changed name of Phantasm to Arc
- It is now possible to to toggle Arc between clockwise and counterclockwise
- Fixed a visual bug where suicide would not show any death effect
- Fixed a potential desync issue
- Improved visuals on Arc and Bouncer Recharge
- Made of Money death effect is now the only cosmetic that can be purchased without any tokens (costs 1 gold)

Keywords:
Warlock, warlock, brawl, warlock brawl, Warlock Brawl, warlock, Warlock, warlock, Zymoran, Demestotenes, Adynathos, PvP, arena, warlock, Warlock
Contents

Warlock 1.01b (Map)

Reviews
Vengeancekael - [Contact] Date: 2012/Jun/29 22:50:45 Comment: [Approved] After 4 years in development Warlock has definitely improved and thus deserves a higher rating - Rating changed from [4/5] to [5/5]. Resource Moderation - Rules 12:32...

Vex

Vex

Level 3
4.5/5

Great (unique?) game concept. Reminds me of Liero (Worms) or Tanks, except for the knockback aspect that plays a big role here. Absolutely love it!

I have some suggestions to consider or discuss. Not saying they are improvements, just open ideas.

- Reduce the effect of knockback gain on higher levels.
Why?
I think it plays a too big role during late games, and that a better balance between damage taken from spells and damage taken from lava would improve the gameplay.

- Change arena mechanics. By this I mean having a Colosseum like arena with a center platform surrounded by walls and no lava zone.
Why?
Main reason is visuals. This idea enables the arena edges to have a lot of doodads that are visible to, but not in the way of the players during the whole match.
What about the lava?
The lava appears by removal of floor plates after time passes (just like how the current island shrinks).
What about the walls and knockback?
I realize there will be less lava space when there are walls around it. To compensate for this, players hitting the wall are stunned for a duration based on the speed they had. During this time, they will take damage from the lava. This will be a nerf in some ways, mostly to some spells like teleport, rush and displacement. On the other hand, it buffs the curse reduction item attribute (reduced stun duration).

- Game-mode suggestion.
Battle Royale.
Look at the arena like a chessboard. After n seconds, a random square is picked and turned into lava. This process must support the condition that by removing a square x, the remainng squares must all be connected. This is to prevent players from ending up on separated square-islands. This process goes on until there is only 1 safe square left.
Random events
Could be an option that can be toggled on/off. Since it is a Colosseum ish arena, a lot of things can be sent out to the arena either from trap-doors on the walls, from hidden passages in the floor plates or cast from the spectator area. Spells, animals, monsters, objects (rocks, power-ups, health boost, poison vial, rotten tomatoes, bombs etc.).

Level 8
This is a fantastic game!! I play it all the time with my brothers.
A couple suggestions:

1. I'm sure this is a common suggestion, but AI would be great for this game as a group of people could play a team match against AI to reduce frustration of one person dominating.

2. I would love to see more spells. I have a theory that you could use the rally ability (it would be the default right-click action) to determine where the warlock would move instead of using the default move-to ability which takes up 4 icon spaces (move, defend, patrol, stop). Seeing as the movement in this game is all JASS-driven, I don't think this would be too difficult and it would free up 3 more spaces for spells :D. If this is confusing I would be glad to explain further.

btw +rep 5/5 etc.

Level 8
true, but in the very least, I would like to see the command buttons reorganized to the top row. then maybe even change the hotkeys for the spells to be ASDF/ZXCV to correspond to the screen. veteran players probably wouldn't like this at first, but I think they would eventually like it... or maybe I just want all maps to handle hotkeys like Assassins :p

Level 5
I think it's not nice because there are 8 skills inluding firebolt and short range skill.

so QWERT +DFG? no i think not. i think the key for now is easily press than this one.

Level 8
I think it's not nice because there are 8 skills inluding firebolt and short range skill.

so QWERT +DFG? no i think not. i think the key for now is easily press than this one.

I still stand by my statement. ASDF/ZXCV would be fantastic. And in SasuhKun's case, I think he was thinking QWER/ASDF, not QWERT/DFG. It IS possible to change the hotkeys for standard movement icons.

Level 8
I thought that you mean like...

If you buy Firebolt first, it will use Q. Then the second spell you purchase will use W.

no, I was thinking that the spells would have preset hotkeys much like they do now, except they would be QWER/ASDF instead of ERTY/DFG/C and they would correspond to where the spells are located on the screen. ie.
[Q][W][E][R]
[A][D][F]

Level 2
There is some league of warlock?
I love this map, but I don't find any competition of this.

Level 2
There is some league of warlock, you can look at them wat warlockbrawl.com

It may also happen that the website is down, causing it to be unaccessable during a couple of days. Try again later, it might be back up.

For competition, there are several clans for this map.

Clan LoWs, Clan N0va (UsEast)

Clan Sexi and clan Wow (Europe).

Level 1
I played this map today, very good map. Here's my review:

Rui's Review
[+]Hive Workshop Requirements: The map has a valid name, an author name, and a description. I have ignored the wrong categorization.
[+]Ingenuity: Very good use of the effects on Warcraft.
[+]Originality: I believe I can grant a green plus here. I had never seen a game of this type. Excellent job creating an original map.
[+]Machine/Net-Friendly: The map does not lag at all. Another plus.
[+]Bugs: I found no bugs.
[+]Fun Factor/Gameplay: The gameplay is very interesting. Because of the terrain (as mentioned below), it gets somewhat boring after a while, but with many players this is certainly fun.
There should also be more tips for the players.
[+]Imported Material: Although there are models that could have fit just as well, the "Bloodelf Wizard" by General Frank was certainly a good choice.
[+]Object Editor Work Quality: Nothing to say here, you did what was necessary for this map type.
[+/-]Balance: In Balance terms, the game is OK. However, speed-based games never turn out to be completely balanced because of one common issue: the host has no delay. He can react faster than any other player.
Also, as mentioned here, the rewards each round should be a little more equal.
[-]Terrain: The terrain fits for it's style, but you could have added some different arenas, or add an option for them. Right now, it's always the same. The terrain gets boring quick.

"Warlock" is an original offense & survival map in which you have to use your multiple knockback spells -- each with a different design -- to throw your enemies into the lava, where they loose high amounts of health.
Although the imbalance grows, as the newbie players leave and the winner of most of the rounds gets more gold, and the arenas are not very original terrain-wise, the game succeeds in being unique and decently stable in general.

My rating for version 0.81b of "Warlock" is 17/20, approximately 4 (Recommended).
Well RUI, I'm going to review your review :3 ... The balancing part is easily changed by using bots, because no one actually is a manual host anymore. Bots have the same lag for everyone, depending on where they live. Considering most people playing on a bot are on the same server they will experience hardly any lag. The terrain could possibly be altered with forests / dif environments but I believe the circular, square, and doughtnut terrains already in game are legit. Alternatively, there is a terrain editor you can download at their website which lets you change the terrain how you like.

Level 1
Can you let everyone of warlock brawl know this thing that i have in mind that could make warlock much better! here it is. If you are not all to keen on the character you should make it so there are much more such as bloodmage, Jaina, Necromancer, Priest/emmisary, and archmage unmounted. oh and maybe sorceress and banshee. just letting you know alot of things you can do for an improvement that i think everyone will love.

Level 6
This sort of talk is frowned upon.
one of the best minigame ever seen
Zymoran said:
Most public players tend to conclude that it is just a minigame with very few options and very trivial gameplay.
This is, of course, the case when they play it in a standard -1000 gold FFA 1000ms delay game.

What they do not realize, is that Warlock has a lot more to offer:
- Fast-phased competitive matches
- Teamplay
- About 50 different upgradable spells and items, which in fact, are quite balanced compared to those in many other Warcraft 3 maps.
- Several different modes, including -Deathmatch, -King and -Avatar
- A fully customizable environment, including the custom terrain editor, not to mention all the game constants.